Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How do I upload a new picture attachment now?? - SUCCESS! see #17

Still stuck

Hi there.

I am trying to upload a couple of pics from my computer so I can post Zoe's memorial.

I've looked at the different instructions here but nothing is working. I can copy them from Facebook but they will be huge.

The last post here was 2015. Has anything changed?

Thanks.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

When you go to "Manage Attachments", does a window open that says "File Upload Manager"?
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    When you go to "Manage Attachments", does a window open that says "File Upload Manager"?
    Yes - but nothing uploads.

Actually, many of the photos I want are in an album here on PT. I want to add a couple more pictures to the album and then put the pics from the album into my post. I haven't yet figured out how to do that.

Candace, if you open the image in the album you want, you'll see a BB code under it. Copy that and then click on Insert image just over the text box, choose URL and paste it in. Uncheck "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" and your image will show.

Hope that helps. It was a lot easier in the "old days" though. I cannot add new pictures to my albums, and half of them are gone.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thank you Randi.

Have you figured out a way to add photos to the album from your computer? Or even to the post itself?

Karen said she was going to work on getting the photo feature working again but she has been very busy!

No, I haven't, but you may be able to copy an image from photobucket or a similar site. Not sure, though. I have given up.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    No, I haven't, but you may be able to copy an image from photobucket or a similar site. Not sure, though. I have given up.
    Photobucket now costs mopey, but if you have the image uploaded anywhere else, or you upload it as an attachment here, that should work, or email it to me, and I can add it.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I was going to start a thread just for this, so thanks for the question!

When you want to post a picture now, you hit the little "picture" icon as before ...

That brings up two options - From Computer and From URL - which means from somewhere else on the Internet.

When you select From Computer it says "Add an Image from your computer
    Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif" and gives you a button to choose a file. Once you have chosen the file, see the line of text below the "Choose File" button that says "Upload file" and click that, and you're done.

When you select From URL - it says "Add an Image from Url
    Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif" and gives you a box in which to type (or paste) the address for the picture you want to use, and below that is automatically checked "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" and then hit "okay" and you are done!

Now, it's not gonna look like it used to with [IM G] tags - instead it will look like [ATTACH = CONFIG ]52439[/ ATTA CH] - without the spaces of course, but it will post the image right there in the post.

Does that help?
    I've been having trouble with it, too, but now I see my problem. It doesn't allow bitmaps, for some reason. I'll try changing the file type.

Hitotsu no gengo wa keshite jūbun de wa nai. - One language is never enough.

All right, I tried making the pictures jpegs, and I tried making them REALLY small, and STILL no pictures were uploaded to my post! What's going on? Will someone please answer this question for me?

Btw, where is everyone? For who's online, it only shows me and Karen. Oh ok, I see now. Karen and I are the only USERS online right now. The others are all guests.

Quote Originally Posted by JALB View Post
    All right, I tried making the pictures jpegs, and I tried making them REALLY small, and STILL no pictures were uploaded to my post! What's going on? Will someone please answer this question for me?

Btw, where is everyone? For who's online, it only shows me and Karen.
    I need to upgrade the server software, sorry. Hopefully soon!
    I've Been Frosted

Is that why I can't upload pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by JALB View Post
    Is that why I can't upload pictures?
    The forum software needs upgrading - it no longer works with some newer browsers. I am in the process of migrating to a different server company, then will work on upgrading the very outdated forum software.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    The forum software needs upgrading - it no longer works with some newer browsers. I am in the process of migrating to a different server company, then will work on upgrading the very outdated forum software.
    I am sorry it is so much work for you, Karen. I look forward to sharing pics on PT again!

Thank you.

Can any of you recommend a good and free image hosting site?