Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New on Pet Talk

New on Pet Talk

I figured I would start a new thread, just to post updates, etc. the big news is the Search index is (finally) rebuilt, so when you search or use "Advanced Search," it will get results from all the posts finally.

This also means a few new features work - if you go to your user profile - or mine, for example, there's a tab for "Post Areas" which will show you how many times that person has posted in what areas, which is kind of neat to see.

You'll notice there's no "Home" button on the green(or blue-depending on what version you're using) bar anymore, and we put "Today's Posts" up there.

Also, the column on the right shows people's avatars now, even those of us who have been around for a while ...

And if you log on from a mobile device, like a smart phone, there's special version for those which should make browsing a whole lot easier!
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks for putting "Todays Posts" up there, it means one less click - and I noticed earlier that Search was working again. Cool!

Yes, it's neat to be able to see "Post areas". I still find it straining for eyes to see the text, because it's gray.

Can that grey/blue color be changed or is that the vBulletin's standard? Yes, I know I can change to green, but I'm not crazy about that either.

I also miss being able to click on "Replies" to check if I have replied to a thread - and a quick way to go to your profile.

Thanks for all your hard work anyway! I'll get used to the new ways.
    Last edited by Randi; 01-28-2012 at 11:43 AM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

When John was around, he one day noticed that he had 3 threads on top and he saved it. So I thought I'd show you, and at the same time show newcomers what PT looked like back then.

Well, I don't know if I did the attachment right - we'll see!
    Attached Images Attached Images

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Karen - "top" still doesn't work on Firefox, and the Google gadget preview of all 3 isn't working either.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    I also miss being able to click on "Replies" to check if I have replied to a thread - and a quick way to go to your profile.
    There is a quick - instantaneous - way to go to your profile, look at the uppermost right part of the screen, to the left of "Log Out" is "Settings" and "My Profile."
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Karen - "top" still doesn't work on Firefox, and the Google gadget preview of all 3 isn't working either.
    The Google Gagdet preview with all three works now, thanks for letting us know about that.

The "top" thing is definitely a Firefox issue, Paul will look into that.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post

The "top" thing is definitely a Firefox issue, Paul will look into that.
    That's no big issue for me, since I always use "back" on my toolbar. Just thought I'd mention it for other Firefox users.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

There is a quick - instantaneous - way to go to your profile, look at the uppermost right part of the screen, to the left of "Log Out" is "Settings" and "My Profile."
    Sorry, I'd forgotten. I see it, but the text still goes over the pictures of Cat/Dog/Pet of the Day. My screen window has to be 30 cm before the text goes up above the pictures. I showed you what it looks like in another thread. Probably nothing to do about that. At least we have PT up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    That's no big issue for me, since I always use "back" on my toolbar. Just thought I'd mention it for other Firefox users.
    I just use the 'Home' button on my laptop keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Randi, you can still do that, just click on the number at the side of 'Replies'.

Geesh, I hadn't even FOUND the "top" button until Ellie posted about it in here. And as I use Firefox, now I know where it is but that doesn't help me, ha haaa.

I use Firefox and it doesn't matter that 'top' button doesn't work, the computer/laptop keyboard 'Home' button does the same thing, takes you to the top of the page.

For some reason, every time I hit the buttom "reply to thread", it takes me to quick reply instead of just the normal reply. It just started doing this a little while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    I use Firefox and it doesn't matter that 'top' button doesn't work, the computer/laptop keyboard 'Home' button does the same thing, takes you to the top of the page.
    Hey - you're right. I have never used "home" on my keyboard, and actually had to go looking for it after I read what you posted. Amazing how observant that I am, seeing that it's the same keyboard I've had for 6+ years!!!
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

This also means a few new features work - if you go to your user profile - or mine, for example, there's a tab for "Post Areas" which will show you how many times that person has posted in what areas, which is kind of neat to see.
    Wow, I really like this feature! It shows where my mind is at, with the dogs!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla