Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cat quirks

Oh the many "quirks" of my Sashie!

First, she MUST be with me when I am in the bathroom. She sits next to me and waits for me to lean over and pet her head!

Second, she is also a licker of the water left on the ledge of the bathtub after a shower. As soon as the sliding door is opened, she is there, licking away. AND she refuses to move when I try to get out of the tub!

Third, (and this one truly has me baffled!) my evening newspaper comes each night with a rubberband on it. I take it off and she hears it and comes running! I throw it on the floor, and she will play with it, tossing it in the air, dropping it and then running to get it again. AND THEN... she will carry it, oh so proudly, to her food dish and drop it either in the dish or beside it. EVERY time I go into the kitchen, I check her bowl for a rubberband, and toss it in the trash. If anyone can give me some insite into her obsession with having a rubberband near/in her food dish, PLEASE let me know!

Fourth, Sasha must wake me every morning between the hours of 3 and 4 to have me go into the kitchen with her while she has a snack!

Great thread! Love reading about other kitties silly little quirks that we all put up with cuz we love em all!
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

Moby carries her toys in her mouth, and meows with her mouth full. She also loves to paw the bathtub. We had put water in the tub as an emergency supply before Hurricane Irene, and didn't close the door. All of a sudden I heard a SPLASH!
    "Moby you didn't!.....Moby, you DID!" One very wet cat later...

Spike lies between me and my SO and meows and it almost sounds like "hello"! He must have his belly scritched, and kneads in the air with his paws.

Marnie, who's 9, chases her tail every morning in the upstairs hallway.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Kuhio was a little lady. Not too quirky, but she had a cute habit. She would eat all of her kibble/crunchies -- with the exception of 1.
    She would leave 1 itty-bitty crunchie in her bowl and YOWL to let you know a crisis was approaching.

Halo was a precious angel. Sweetest, kindest, most loving kitty I've ever known. But she could not resist bunny kicking the crap out of a roll of paper towels. And she liked to bounce champagne corks down the stairs and chase them.

Sigh........ Willy........... I can't remember if was the 10th or 20th time that he dumped the glass of water I leave by the bed on me. (I'm definitely a slow learner). Totally ruined the finish on my nightstand and bed. But, I finally wised up and bought us all the Contigo AUTOSEAL West Loop Stainless Steel Travel Mug (Vacuum Insulated) - 16 oz. Contigo. I highly recommend them. Willy still knocks over our cups, but now they don't spill. http://www.gocontigo.com/autoseal-st...ravel-mug.html

Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.