Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New on Pet Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post

This also means a few new features work - if you go to your user profile - or mine, for example, there's a tab for "Post Areas" which will show you how many times that person has posted in what areas, which is kind of neat to see!
    Good Lord, I don't think there's an area I haven't posted in! That's quite a list!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

For some reason, every time I hit the buttom "reply to thread", it takes me to quick reply instead of just the normal reply. It just started doing this a little while ago.
    We just enabled that. If you want to make a reply with a title, or just have a bigger box to type in, you can hit "go advanced" which is just below the "Quick Reply" box.
    I've Been Frosted

We just enabled that. If you want to make a reply with a title, or just have a bigger box to type in, you can hit "go advanced" which is just below the "Quick Reply" box.
    Yes, this is what I've been doing. I just hate having to click "go advanced" so that I can use the emoticons.

Tracey, you can still use the emoticons when using the quick reply. On top line, next to the big A, is a smiley face, just click that and it'll bring them up.

I can see what you mean, Tracey. Whether you click on "Reply to Thread" or just "Reply" you still get the same little box without the emoticons, and to get them you have to click one more time. It would be neat if one of them would bring up the box with the emoticons.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

So as more people objected to it than said they liked it, we turned off the "quick reply" option. This is something we cannot do user by user - either everyone gets the option, or no one does. Just wanted to let everyone know!
    I've Been Frosted

So as more people objected to it than said they liked it, we turned off the "quick reply" option. This is something we cannot do user by user - either everyone gets the option, or no one does. Just wanted to let everyone know!
    Thanks. I know that this will make posting replies much easier and faster for me now.

In Firefox, top button works now. Thanks
    Love most of the changes.

Thanks, Karen, I appreciate that being turned off, too.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Just a couple new things to point out - just so they appear in this thread.

1. Now, when you are on the "Today's Posts" page, the little double arrow graphic to go to the last post appears to the left of the username of whoever posted.

2. In case you hadn't spotted it, when you are in a particular thread, "Go to first unread" appears in the light grey bar at the top of the thread.
    I've Been Frosted

When I went to "Freckles" member page, on the right side there were four tabs:
    My Activity, About Me, Friends, and Post areas. I think I've seen them before.
    Now, below that are tabs: All, Freckles, Friends, Subscriptions, and Photos.
    Don't know what ALL means. When I click on friends, any posts from my few friends show there. Don't have any subscriptions. Don't know how to use the Photos tab. help, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Freckles View Post
    When I went to "Freckles" member page, on the right side there were four tabs:
    My Activity, About Me, Friends, and Post areas. I think I've seen them before.
    Now, below that are tabs: All, Freckles, Friends, Subscriptions, and Photos.
    Don't know what ALL means. When I click on friends, any posts from my few friends show there. Don't have any subscriptions. Don't know how to use the Photos tab. help, please.
    These are all "activity" searches.

"All" will show you all your recent activity.

Friends shows you any recent "friends" activity, but only for people you have designated as "friends."

Subscriptions are for any threads you have subscribed to. Some people subscribe to thread so they get notifications if anything happens in them.

"Photos" are for any photos you have posted lately.

Hope this helps!
    I've Been Frosted

what does that top button do? go to the hompage or soemthing???? im like so confused

Quote Originally Posted by pettypiggy View Post
    what does that top button do? go to the hompage or soemthing???? im like so confused
    It goes to the top post in that particular thread.
    I've Been Frosted

Post Areas has disappeared, why is that? Not that I think it's important, just curious.

Search still doesn't work very well. Are you working on it, Karen?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.