Thread: 70 Cats in a Camper

70 Cats in a Camper

News item today:

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Aubu...138175929.html

http://www.kentreporter.com/news/138205124.html

I couldn't believe the photo of the cats seeming to be standing on the backs of each other to cram into the space.

I called and offered a foster home and they will contact me when they can begin working with the cats. It's going through the court at present and the guy is being persuaded to give them up to the shelter.

They all seem to be Siamese or Siamese mix so should be fairly easy to adopt out.

Another irresponsible "breeder" trying to make money without any regards for the animals he is in charge of. I hope he is banned from any further contact with animals in any manner in which he would be responsible for their care.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
    News item today:

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Aubu...138175929.html

http://www.kentreporter.com/news/138205124.html

I couldn't believe the photo of the cats seeming to be standing on the backs of each other to cram into the space.

I called and offered a foster home and they will contact me when they can begin working with the cats. It's going through the court at present and the guy is being persuaded to give them up to the shelter.

They all seem to be Siamese or Siamese mix so should be fairly easy to adopt out.

I hope he will agree to let them be removed. Sounds like he needs some help too.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Hmm, has he ever heard of spaying/neutering? Yikes, poor kitties!
    I've Been Frosted

The ruthless pursuit of money is truly the root of all evil.
    How sad it is that these poor Cats have to suffer from a greedy exploiter!!!
    We are praying that they all fing Nice FurrEver Homes!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post

It's going through the court at present and the guy is being persuaded to give them up to the shelter.
    "...persuaded"?????

The local animal control can't just seize them? There's no question this is an abuse situation.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    "...persuaded"?????

The local animal control can't just seize them? There's no question this is an abuse situation.
    I was just about to write the same thing. They should seize the cats and throw this person's butt in jail. I'm tired of hearing that they need help. They need jail time. They won't be hoarding cats then.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I just don't understand hoarders of animals. They think they're helping, but are only hurting. It's sad. Hopefully all of these beautiful cats can be nursed back to health, and find proper and loving homes. I have a soft spot for Meezers - wish I lived closer - I'd help out!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

This is horrible and I hope that this man gets whats coming to him. He probably needs psychiatric help too since he thought that this would be better for his cats. I hope that all of the cats will be able to recover and find loving and caring forever homes.

So many beautiful Meezers!
    What I don't understand is how he had them living in the camper for 5 weeks and nobody reported it until now???

I know some people associated with Siamese Rescue, I will see if any of them have connections that are working on rescuing some of these poor kitties.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Those poor kitties! The court shouldn't "persuade" him to give them up, the court should order they be given to a safe place and this creep should be remanded on the spot with an indefinite sentence. Prayers are being prayed for all the kitties and the dog to recover then find homes where they will be loved and cared for.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE