Thread: clean cat urine question

clean cat urine question

I'm guessing that because my son's cat was mad at me for locking her in a cage after she knocked down & broke a lamp, that she felt the need to get back at me and peed in my brand new sneakers.
    Does anyone know how to get that smell out? I cannot put them in the washer because they're leather...
    Any help would be most appreciated, thanks
    A belly rub a day keeps the blues away... Connie

Contrary to popular belief, cats are NOT vindictive! They do not think that way.

Something about the sneakers attracted her and signaled "good pee area here!"

I really don't have any ideas how to remove the smell. You can try charcoal; but I've had to throw out everything that ever got pee on it -- including a love seat.

Doesn't vinegar remove smells like that? Maybe I'm thinking of something else...

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

Odorxit. Get it on Amazon.
    Don't lock your cat up. It doesn't work like that.

Good point, Johanna, I hadn't even read that bit!

Yep, cats are going to jump around and stuff will break. Do NOT cage the cat for this, it doesn't make any impact on them. DO provide climbing trees and places they can run, jump, and be kitties.

I don't know what white vinegar does to leather; but that is normally one thing to try.

I like Simple Solution (I get it at Petsmart) it comes in small bottles or gallons.

If I caged any of my guys for knocking stuff over, I'd have one busy cage! And I'd miss out on some fun photo opportunities

Mikey's particuarly fond of knocking over lamps and drink glasses on purpose. I learned to buy heavier lamps and keep my drinks in lidded plastic containers.

For the shoes, my Allen used to pee in anything that was on the floor and should not have been there. Shoes, bookbags, purses, jackets, etc. if it was on the floor in a room where it did not belong... it got peed on. I never figured out why. I learned not to leave things on the floor, and I bought cleaner by the gallon because it took YEARS before hubby and the kids figured that out. They said, "he should know not to pee!" Well, in a perfect world, he wouldn't pee on things. Since we knew when and why he peed, we needed to make a minor change to our lives to avoid the pee. Nothing on the floor = nothing peed on. amazing things happened once the kids put their shoes in the shoe stand, their coats in the closet (on hangers no less! ) and school bags on tables.

Good luck!

Catnapper- that picture is priceless! I usually awaken to a noise I know isn't "right", followed moments later by a planter. LOL.

Cats, can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.

[QUOTE=Freedom;2403215]Something about the sneakers attracted her and signaled "good pee area here!" [QUOTE]

You know, that makes total sense...
    a few weeks ago I heard a Tom cat out back & probably brushed up against his mark & my son's kitty must've been trying to "connect"
    LOL

Thanks for the thoughts guys; I've tried 3 or 4 different products so far, but will give these others a try since these are new tennies & I don't want to trash them because of the smell...

oh, & I'll not cage her anymore; I was just frustrated is all
    she's forgiven me though, cuz she spent the night last night in my lap purring away
    A belly rub a day keeps the blues away... Connie

I know "Nature's Miracle" is a good one, it is at most pet-supply places. Your sneakers may smell slightly orangey for a while, but that's better than what they smell like now, I am sure!
    I've Been Frosted