Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Now My Blaze Is Having Problems:Update 2/5/12

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Awwwww, Blaze! I hope you feel much better very soon! I don't think you will be by yourself much longer, sweet redhead boy. I lit a candle for you and your meowmie
    Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...g&cid=15186510

Oh Blaze, I'm so happy that the whitecoats have found out the problem. Sore throat? That's bad enough for us feeble hoomans - I can only imagine how awful that is. Please sit still while your Meowmie give you the fluids. You will feel so much better and you will heel faster.

Still praying for you sweetie.
    Slick and Merlin
    Thanks so much for lighting candles for us. Thanks also to everyone else for all of the get well wishes. He's still in the bathroom. He only peed today in his litter box and he didn't finish all of his dry food which is unlike him. I think he slept a lot today and he looked very sleepy when I got home. I let Alani hang out with him for a bit while I fed my four other cats. Alani wanted out of the bathroom and Blaze was sitting in his comfy cat bed. I'm not sure about Baytril but I do know that some antibiotics tend to make animals sleep more and also make them lose their appetites. If everything continues to go well, Blaze will be let out of the bathroom tomorrow night.

Just a caution here that antibiotics such as Baytril can also cause constipation so you may need to add some Lactulose in his food to ease the exiting of the extrement... (oh such a way of putting it )
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    Just a caution here that antibiotics such as Baytril can also cause constipation so you may need to add some Lactulose in his food to ease the exiting of the extrement... (oh such a way of putting it )
    Thanks for letting me know. I usually have problems with diarrhea when I give my cats antibiotics. I usually don't feed Alani & Blaze very much canned food because this will give them loose stools. Maybe now I should give Blaze more canned food. The food he eats does have a lot of fiber in it and it's Chicken Soup For The Cat Lover's Soul Adult Light Formula.

Yay, Blaze! It sounds like you are on the mend! Gentle *kiss* for you, sweet redhead kitty -- *kiss* for Alani, too
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Sorry for being late...

I'm glad you managed to get some medicine into him. Blaze, be a good boy and let your mommy give you what you need - you'll feel so much better, AND it sounds like you'll be out of the bathroom tomorrow. Isn't that wonderful! Hope you are back to normal soon, sweetie!

Fister and I sends purrs and kisses.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Glad Blaze is feeling better! It is so scary when we can't figure out what is wrong.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32038&dateline=129651  4765
    My Family left to right Riku - Lynx Point Siamese mix, Riley - Domestic Short Hair Tabby, Phoebe - Domestic Medium Hair Tabby, Foxy - Australian Cattle Dog mix - March 2001 - September 15, 2012, Autumn - Labrador Retriever Mix
    Dear Husband and Myself - homo sapiens - James and Becky

A laryngeal infection! Never heard about that in cats but there is always a first time. I am so glad it is something that can be treated. I hope Blaze feels better soon as I am sure Alani will miss him.

Thanks everyone. Well he's now out of the bathroom and is feeling so much better. He was giving me problems again this morning when I was medicating him and when I gave him sub-q fluids. I'm so glad that I don't have to do this much longer. Now I'm a little concerned about Alani because he's been having coughing attacks since Monday night. I thought he was trying to cough up a hairball so I gave him a lot of the hairball medicine but it didn't seem to help him. He's still eating well and acting normal. I e-mailed my vet about him and she told me to just watch him for now. I can also bring him in with Blaze on Tues. morning if he's still having problems. I sure hope that it's not anything related to Blaze's illness because if it is then it does sound like it's contagious. Please also send some prayers and positive thoughts Alani's way.

Alani Is Getting Worse

I can't wait until Tuesday for Alani to be seen. He's coughing more frequently and he didn't eat all of his dinner. I made an appt. for him tomorrow at 7:30am. I'm pretty sure that he has the same thing that Blaze has. I sure hope that none of my other cats will get this. Please keep the prayers and positive thoughts coming. Will this nightmare ever end.

Oh no! Many prayers that Alani will soon be better also and for all your kitties, that they don't get sick. {Hugs} to you. You must be so worried.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Prayers and healing energies for Alani and Blaze and all your kitties.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

All your kitties and you are in my prayers.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Poor Alani! I hope it's something very treatable, and something that those two brother cats keep to themselves.

Hugs!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

What a nightmare. Well I had a 7:30am appt. and at about 6:40am the veterinary hospital called to tell me that the vet I had an appt. with had called in sick. The lady said that I could be seen as an urgent care case and since I had an appt. I wouldn't be charged any extra. I went in and I had to wait a while. I wasn't seen until a little after 8am.
    Alani's temp was normal and his lungs sounded clear but he did sound a bit congested. He did have a coughing attack in front of the vet so she was able to see what I was trying to describe to her. She looked up Blaze's records to see how my regular vet had treated Blaze. Alani is now on an oral liquid antibotic,doxycycline, 2 times a day for 14 days. He was given a vitamin B12 shot to help his appetite and he'll also get 50ml of sub-q fluids every day for about 1 week. I have plenty of fluids and needles already. Alani's appetite is much better and Blaze is back to his normal goofy self. I decided to keep them both in the bathroom for a few days. I sure hope that Alani's cough will go away in a few days and that none of my other cats will get this. Thanks again everyone.

I'm hoping and praying that whatever-this-bug-is does not spread to the rest of your furbabies! I'm so happy that Blaze is on the mend and I hope that Alani is close behind him.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!