Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ellie-mae will be leaving me today....

Ellie-mae will be leaving me today....

It is with so much sadness i tell you i will have to take Ellie to be put to sleep at 4.15pm today, Ellie was doing so great considering, the steroids were helping and she was eating right up until yesterday, yesterday was not good, she ate a small amount of food in the morning , then would not eat the rest of the day, she also just keep vomiting.She cannot even keep water down now.

I made the decision last night if there was no improvement, then i would let her go peacefully, sadly she won't eat at all, is vomiting even water up, continually going in the dirt box, doing a small pee, and trying to poo and nothing happening, she is not at all well.

I Let her out today as usual this morning and she disappeared, i never even gave it a thought ,silly me, but she took off, i found her in the neighbour's driveway, sitting hunched up looking miserable, i think she was going away to die.

I hate having to shut her in on her last day, she loves outside in the courtyard, i took her out to supervise her but she was going to take off again, of course she sure knows something is up.

I have given her a pain relief steroid this morning, even though it is on an empty stomach, i just did not know what else to do, my vet is in surgery all morning, and i so want him to be the one to let her go, he has such a bond with her and done so much for her. I think it will be sad for him too.

Please pray my ellie can be stable until then, and not in too much pain and let her go peacefully.

My heart is breaking right now, and i don't know how i will get through this day, but somehow i will have to, i know i am going to be a mess this afternoon.

I feel sick to the stomach ,knowing what lies ahead.

I also know it will be a blessing to let her go , as she is now starting to suffer, i honestly thought my girl was going to show them all they were wrong, i guess it was the calm before the storm, and at least Ellie had another week with us, and she was not too bad until yesterday.

I am worried about Nikki her daughter, how she will react, they have been together all their lives, although not very close now, i still think she will feel it and grieve for her, i just don't know what to expect.

I have attached a pic of Ellie before her illness and one taken two days ago, you can see how much weight she has lost, poor wee darling.

Well folks that is all i can write for now, my heart is heavy, my eyes filled with tears and i just cannot write about it anymore, thanks for listening and being there for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ellie sleeping on bck  cute.JPG 
Views:	128 
Size:	860.7 KB 
ID:	52268   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ellie-mae resting jan 2011.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	52269  
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Oh no Carole - I'm so sorry. I know what you are going thru, and my heart breaks right along with yours. There's nothing I can say to ease your pain, but please know that you and Ellie-Mae are in my prayers. Please don't tell her good-bye when the time comes - just tell her "farewell and Godspeed". Good-bye is final, and we all know that when our beloved furkids leave us in body, that they are always with us in spirit and in our hearts. You'll meet again one day.

Peace and hugs to you, my friend, and give that sweet girl a little kiss for me please.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Thank you, your words mean such a lot.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I am so very sorry. (((Hugs)))

So many PT pets making their trips to Rainbow Bridge lately.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Yes it is a trip i wish she did not have to make, but she has been battling with cancer for some time now, she has been through enough, she is a fighter and she never gave up until now, now it is just time to be at peace.
    Furangels only lent.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Aw, friend. My heart is hurting for you and your sweet girl. My thoughts are with you. Be at peace with her as much as you can, she is probably just as worried about you as you are about her. xoxo
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

You will be in our prayers, this is never easy, even when it is the right thing to do. Rest in the comfort of knowing she will then be pain free, and remember only the happy time of being a beloved kitty.
    I've Been Frosted

Carole, my heart goes out to you. This is always such a difficult time. You KNOW how much has been done - by you and the white coats - to help Ellie Mae, to keep her comfortable, to keep her going. Nevertheless when this decision is needed, it is never easy. I truly believe our pets know the things we do to help them, so she knows you have tried. And fighter that she is, she made the most of all of it! I will keep you in my prayers.

I am so sorry to hear this. Remember that she will be painfree and waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Prayers go with you and ellie during this most difficult time......

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    You will be in our prayers, this is never easy, even when it is the right thing to do. Rest in the comfort of knowing she will then be pain free, and remember only the happy time of being a beloved kitty.
    .....know you are in our thoughts.....

Thanks to PCB!

oh yes Ellie is so intuitive, she probably knows what's up because i am blubbering so much, i read the brains of a cat are quite similar with humans ,especially the emotional side of it.

She is just resting, had a drink, no food, and i can see the look in her eyes, that is what really lets me know it is time for her.

I am going to feel so lost without her, you know looking after a sick or terminal cat is very emotionally draining and physically tiring, but i would not trade it for anything, i am just so pleased i could do it for her and my late Ash,they both got two years longer than they would have without the vet care and homecare,that is a long time in a kitties life, and i know rescuing her gave her another 6 to 7 years,so i have to be thankful for that.

Just cannot imagine life without her, just be so empty, despite having my other two kitties, Ellie is extra special, there is just something about her.

Thanks everyone, i am finding this day so hard, watching Ellie,i should try and keep busy, but i just cannot settle to anything, my mind is only on one thing, coming up here on the computer to release my feelings is always a good thing and can only but help me.

I have decided not to be a pet owner anymore once my other two have left me, it is just too hard on me and my coping skills are not what they used to be,.
    Furangels only lent.

Oh Carole, I am SO sorry!

Take comfort in knowing you did all you could for Ellie-Mae.

RIP sweet beautiful girl.

Love and hugs to you, dear friend

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I am so sorry Carole. Even if it is the right thing to do, it is the hardest thing. Sending much love and prayers for you both.

Thank you both, appreciate your kind words of love and support.

It is so strange, in some ways i just want the time to come and it be over for her and me, no more suffering for her, and the stress of watching her suffer, but the other part of me never wants the time to come, because i have to say goodbye and that is so very painful to do,such a horrible feeling isn't it?
    Furangels only lent.

I understand perfectly Carole, that's just how I felt with Bobs, and yes it is a horrible feeling, horrible and so very sad.{{hugs}}