Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We had a visitor

We had a visitor

Sitting in my "home office" (spare bedroom) filing paperwork, I glanced out the window on Monday and saw a doggie happily trotting around, heading up the street. Naturally I had to run out and get him safely in my back yard.

With Willy

Tasha was crazy excited and kept trying to get him to play, lol. He was ALL BOY, and I swear he marked every square inch of my back yard in minutes. :blink:

And a short vid: http://youtu.be/_PjG6goHutM

First I thought he was Fluffy, who lives 2 houses down. But when I went over and rang the bell, I heard Fluffy barking (no one was home). So then I thought maybe he lives in the house 4 doors UP and went there and knocked. Again no one home, and only 1 dog barked (they have 2). Those folks work all day, so I guessed I had him for the day. Dad and I had to go out, so I left him inside with all of mine. He was fine with the cats, too.

We returned home 2 hours later, and the darn dog had marked EVERYWHERE with Willy right behind him. :doh: Worse, Marlin was sitting in his bed shaking, and totally soaked. I put the guest outside with Willy and Tasha, proceeded to calm Marlin and start clean up. Went out in the back yard to check and . . . the visitor was GONE! :shutup2:

I was planning on doing dog baths yesterday anyway, got Marlin cleaned up first. Then took a break and tried to find how the dog got out. I think / hope I found the spot! Sure hope he got home OK.

Update: He is back! Just let him in the gate to the back yard again! Looks like he was out all night, he is very dirty now.

I hope you find out where your visitor lives and he gets home ok I'm glad you took him in and are keeping him safe! Maybe he is microchipped?

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

Be careful ... maybe he is number six I do hope you can find his owners and they will be glad to have him safely home. My latest rescue isnt fixed (yet!) and we have had a lot of mopping going on around here!
    Lots of luck and loving thoughts to all of you.
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Do you think the people a few houses down could have taken him out of your yard when you weren't watching, and then he got away from them again?

Please do be careful letting strage dogs in with your crew alone when you leave. If he's so territorial he marked everything then it could have been a lot worse if he started a fight. Even little dogs can get in a fight.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Awww, poor Darlin Marlin! ((HUGS)))

In the third picture it looks like Tasha is telling the visitor something I hope you find his people and they are willing to keep him safe. Bless you for looking after him!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I wonder if he's got some Shih Tzu mixed in. He's cute.
    Thanks for trying to keep him safe!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Boy Sandie - you're a lot braver than I would have been ~~~ letting a stranger loose in the house with The Fluffs. I've had strays in the house - but penned up in the kitchen till I found their home.

He definitely looks like a Shih Tzu, too. Here's hoping you are able to find where he belongs - poor little guy. But he does appear to be right at home with your crew.

And poor little Marlin Darlin - he must have wondered what the heck all that was about. Sending you bunches of smooches, sweetie!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

The little Houdini again escaped from my fenced in back yard! I went to Home Depot, bought some fencing and have re -enforced where I think he leaves. I needed to do this anyway, as any of mine could also get out any place he does.

I had all of them in the back yard yesterday and it was fine, let him in to be sure he was ok with the cats and he had settled down by the time we left. Today I didn't let him in, and no plans to again. Crazy escape artist! I will check with that house this evening to see if he is theirs, as he may be coming and going at will without them knowing. And if he is not theirs, next time he comes by I'll have to take him to the shelter.

In the 5th picture - I like how his front feeties are turned out

Listen up, lil visitor! The point of being fenced in is so you don't get out! You picked the right yard for someone to help keep you safe from bad things. I agree with Scooter's mom- You sure are cute! Please try to stay in the fluffs' yard till your person comes to get you. I would not want anything to happen to you. Every doggie deserves a loving home!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Over the fence

I have a Tibetan Terrier, a similar breed - related actually and they are great climbers. He could be climbing the fence - and over.

He's a cute little devil. He looks like a minature version of my doggie, including the under-bite.

I wonder if he will return? Now that he knows where the fun is, I suspect he'll be a regular!

Keep us posted!

If you do find out who is owners are, I'd suggest to them that the dog
    should be wearing tags with their phone number & address. Much faster
    to get their pup home again.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    If you do find out who is owners are, I'd suggest to them that the dog
    should be wearing tags with their phone number & address. Much faster
    to get their pup home again.
    Yup, he is wearing a collar, but no tags on it.

The Wheaten we found one day several years ago had his name woven into his color, and tags engraved with his phone number and address, so we were able to drive him home right away to his mom and the little boys who had only just realized he had escaped the back yard. It was great to have all that information right there, and Archie barked once helpfully when we arrived at his house.
    I've Been Frosted

I checked with the neighbor; he is not hers BUT get this: she has seen him around for almost a week now. He gets IN her fenced yard, plays with her 2 dogs, then gets OUT. She has not seen him enter or leave, no idea how he is doing it; both her dogs are even smaller than him, so she is worried hers could get out if they tried.

He is at her place early, about 8 AM, she puts her out before she leaves for work. THEN he is coming here to play with Willy and Tasha. He has a route! Ha ha haaa

I discussed him at Agility class tonight, showed them the pics. Even though he is dirty, they noted he has been trimmed recently, hasn't been out roaming too long. So if he has a route, is he going home each evening????

If he comes around tomorrow, I will run him to my vet to see if he is chipped.

Oh My Goodness! I read the entire thread with interest and concern. I sure hope you can find his owner. I'll check back.