Thread: games

games

my nikki likes to tease me by grabbing anything i drop on the floor and running and i have to chase him around and around the coffee table untill i give up

------------------
    sylvia alexander

My dog Lucky likes frisbee and my friend's dog Cisco likes "mail man"

What is "mail man"?

My dog, Buster has been making up his own games since he was a pup. When we first gave him a tennis ball he'd bat it around with an old shoe or other object he'd find - like soccer (or maybe hockey). Then he invented "vole". He hides the ball under the skirt of the sofa and pounces on it. (Watch a wildlife show on coyotes or wolves - this is how they hunt) Last year he discovered boxes. When he sees an empty one around he "hints" that he wants it. We put his balls in it and he carries it off to get them out! Once the box is destroyed, he brings us parts of it along with a ball to wrap in it and has just as much fun getting the ball out again! What a character Buster is when it comes to playing!

Buddy, our Golder Retriever, of course loves to swim. We can't keep him out of our pool. He uses his nose to roll his tennis ball into the water and then jumps in to get it. He drops the ball back on the concrete and starts all over. He'll do this for an hour or more every day, even in the middle of winter. He's also "taught" our Mastiff, Sierra, to jump off the diving board. There's nothing funnier than seeing a 180 lb. dog plop into the pool.

Our dog Grace (an American Eskimo) loves to rehearse for the part of "White Fang". She will stare into the mirror or even sit on our lap and growl and snarl and bare her teeth, until you stop looking at her, then she'll paw at us and whine to get our attention again and go right on rehearsing.
    Another game we made up is...kill Flipper. She hates the sound Flipper makes on TV, so I make a funny sqeeking noise and we run all over the house trying to find Flipper--looking under the counch, in the closet, around corners, etc.

TENNIS BALLS! If we didn't stop throwing them, they'd both pass out - they don't know when to stop!

We're moving the end of August to a home in CA that has a pool. Is it OK healthwise(& ear infection wise!)for the Labs to swim in the chlorinated pool? I would think the chlorine might help stop ear infections(?).They both also bark when in the water thus swallowing some - will that hurt them? I'm afraid when they see the water we won't be able to stop them from jumping in all the time.

Hi! My dog Snickers and I play Hide and go seek we love playing that game!!

My dog Pudge(short for Pudgey because he had a big belly as a pup) gets bored real easy. When we are inside and he wants to go out and play he will tug the bottom of my shirt or bark at the door. If I don't go outside with him he will lay on the couch and pout. It's kinda like a kid trying to get his way.

------------------
    *Starlite*

*POCO* is my Funny Puppy. She is hilarious.
    Just now, while she was sitting on my lap in the computer chair, she stretched out and dangled her head over the side and practically went to sleep that way!
    A funny game she plays is like Catch-me-if- -you-can-while-i-pound-the-hallway-carpet- -with-my-front-paws-and-dart-and-dance- -around!!! She flings her body everywhere and sits with her front end lying down and her back end standing up, its called a Play-Bounce, and bangs the carpet with her paws and it is so cute!

My dog Oso picks out a flat rock at the beach and drops it at the top of a sloping hill. He then skiis with his front feet on the rock, down the hill until he splashes into the water. He then dives and retreives the same rock and does it over and over again for hours if I let him. He's becoming a tourist attraction! People ask to buy him all the time and video tape him.

my pup
    D:/Pictures/Poco/POCO_POSE.jpg

Well that did not work. Email me for a pic of my pup.
    [email protected]

My Australian Cattledog, Buck, loves to play any kind of game. He likes to get a golf ball and throw it up in the air and catch it again. He lost his golf ball. I'm kind of glad because he might have swallowed it. We like to play a game called PitStopper. That;s where I run around the corner of the house and he chases me when he gets to me he keeps on going and I turn around and go the other way. He also likes to play with the cats. When he thinks no one is looking he will cuddle up with the cats and slep with them. But when someone goes outside he chases them off because he thinks they're going to get petted and he won't. Typical dog.

-----------------
    blue_heeler