Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: update on Ellie-mae

update on Ellie-mae

Gosh it seems i am forever writing about my girls ups and downs and believe me as you all know there have been many.

We had both Nikkita and Ellie-mae vaccinated on Saturday just gone, and then on sunday low and behold my sweet girl Ellie gets chronic, diarrhoea,poor wee girl, everything just went straight through her.
    Today i can report there is a slight improvement, i was just about to whip her off to the vets, but she is eating much better and only one bout so far, if there are much more i will still have to take her, i rang the vet nurse, who said it can be a common side effect of the vaccine.
    They had the Nobivac Tricat Trio.
    Actually that is NOT what the internet say's. it is only in rare cases it can cause these side effects, i expect it might have to do with her liver problem compromising things maybe.,pure guess work on my part though.

Has anyone else experienced that? of course we have Ellie's underlying health condition her tumour to worry about, i am hoping it is just the vaccine and she will be back to normal soon,keeping a very close eye on her.

All those wonderful prayers and good thoughts will go a long way , yet again my dear Ellie is battling with her health, she is just a strong willed little thing, bless her, she is a fighter alright.

Thanks for listening
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

She'll be in our prayers.
    I've Been Frosted

I'm sorry to hear that she had a bad reaction to the vaccine. None of my cats have ever had this reaction but Sky has actually gotten sick from it with side effects similar to an URI. I did have Alani & Blaze fully vaccinated with all of their kitten shots and when they turned 1 year old they also got an adult shot. Now I don't vaccinate any of my cats any more. They're all indoor only and don't go any where except to the vets once a year for their annual exams.

I'm very surpirsed that your vet even vaccinated Ellie-mae since she's so ill and on medication. Being on pred will compromise a cats immune system too. My vet doesn't like to over vaccinate animals and she even told me that once a cat is 10 or older that I shouldn't vaccinate them. If I did still vaccinate it would only be every 3 years but they don't recommend the 3 year rabies shots. The rabies would need to be done yearly. The city that I live in doesn't require cats to even have a rabies shot so I won't give them any more of these either. I hope that Ellie-mae recovers quickly and that you won't need to take her to your vet. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

I understand what you are saying, but I should clarify, because Ellie is a cat flu carrier, she really has to have it, as getting the flu would indeed kill her, a catch 22, not really great for her to have it either, but then if she doesn't the risk is just too high, i am not even sure this is a reaction to the vaccine, it could be more sinister, and be because of her illness, i am just hoping it is NOT the latter.

Don't worry i have an EXCELLENT vet, i trust him completely with Ellie's care, he really likes Ellie too and would never recommend anything he thought would harm her, he performed her surgery's, so there is a little bond between them, this is the vet who kisses my Ellie, so he really genuinely cares about her.

Also 99 per cent of cats in NZ are indoor/outdoor kitties, just the way it is here.

I had thought things were much better today, her appetite was pretty good ,but she still had three bouts of the runs, like morning, lunch and just now,so i will ring tomorrow and hopefully get an appointment,it is awfully stressful for her going, but i think it is time, things are not improving enough for my liking,please pray my little girl will be ok .

Thank you for your concern, and prayers,always appreciated.
    Last edited by carole; 01-11-2012 at 03:26 AM.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

More prayers for sweet little Ellie-mae; may this just be a reaction to the vaccine, and may you be back to normal shortly.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

More prayers on the way for sweet Ellie-mae and {{hugs}} for you.

Oh Carole,

I'm so sorry Ellie-Mae isn't feeling well after the vaccine. I don't believe in over vaccinating my cats, as most of them are seniors and they do not go outside. I know it's a state law, but I don't see the vaccine police knocking on my door anytime soon to see my my vet records.

Try giving Ellie Mae some boiled chicken, or cooked rice in her food. That helps with diarrhea.

Love, hugs and kisses to you and Ellie-Mae

xoxoxoxo

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I'm sorry your Ellie Mae is having problems. It is always stressful when our beloved pets arent doing good. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Ellie-mae is in my prayers once again. PT prayers have pulled her through before, so I hope they work again and for a long, long, time to come.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Things are NOT good, i am so worried, i cannot get my vet today, he is away, back tomorrow, i have booked in with him, but i am so upset as i don't know what to do, no runs today, but she is not eating, well she ate a small morsel of food after her steroid, but she does not look good, i feel it might be the end for Ellie, please pray it is NOT, i cannot bear to loose her yet,i don' know whether it is pure coincidence she got unwell after the vaccine, it could just be this was going to happen anyhow, i am thinking maybe i should just take her today, but it is a vet i don't even know, a locum who does not know a damn thing about ellie,god this is so hard to know what to do, i am in such turmoil,if only she could tell me.

Hubby and I have different opinions, i think we should take her today, he thinks we should wait and see our vet, but will Ellie just suffer in the mean time,maybe she needs to be on a drip, maybe she is dehydrated, i don't know what to do, i have not seen her drink, gave her some via syringe which she hated.will they stop eating if dehydrated,any advice is so appreciated and needed right now, thanks.

OK UPDATE since writing this, Ellie my sweet girl she ate and she is looking a bit better, more bright eyed,just see how the toilet business goes today, i will still keep vet appt for tomorrow to be on the safe side, you guys must be secretly praying for my girl lol, she is a fighter, just when i think it is all over , she comes back to us, I LOVE THAT WEE GIRL WITH ALL MY HEART.
    Last edited by carole; 01-11-2012 at 04:43 PM.
    Furangels only lent.

Prayers for Ellie-mae and you too, Carole, and all your family.

Love from Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Wow, what a roller coaster ride, eh, Carole? I don't vaccinate my cats any more either b/c they're all indoor cats and they're getting up in years now. However, I can recall Puddy getting sick from the last vaccine she received. she didn't get diarrhea but she wouldn't eat for 3 days. She just stayed under the bed. From then on I decided no more vaccines. I do hope Ellie-mae has a good long run of good health yet. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

thanks Pat and Mary, yes well if indoor i could see no reason, but mine are indoor/outdoor, so is for the best,i doubt whether Ellie will still be with us next year, but who knows, that girl gives me some scares, maybe i panic a little ,but i know my girl, and i know when she is not good, she is lying peacefully now sleeping,on the verandah, she rarely leaves there or inside or the cat shelter these days, she ate a little more food too.

I am still taking her to see my vet and get her checked out,who knows what tomorrow shall bring, so far no bad toilet, so i am hoping it has come to an end, be quite normal for her not to go for a day or two now after all that i would think.

I am feeling a bit happier and more positive,but i know we are not out of the woods yet with her, fingers and all paws crossed Ellie improves as the day and evening progress and tomorrow brings us much more happier news for me to report, thanks for listening and the advice and just being there for me,no-one and i mean no-one really understands how i feel about my furbabies except my PT friends from afar, bless you all for that.
    Furangels only lent.

I'm glad you and she will be seeing the vet who knows you both so well tomorrow. More prayers and warm healing energies are on the way to you.

Death thought about it.

You're in my thoughts and prayers, Carole. Let's hope the vet will have good news. I'm just glad she's eating and drinking.

The way to find out if she IS dehydrated is to gently pinch the scruff of her neck. If the skin goes back down, she's fine. If it stays up, she's dehydrated.

Love you girl!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!