Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's me -- K9Karen!

It's me -- K9Karen!

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Thanks to everyone who sent me a card. Sorry I didn't get a chance to send any cards at all, this year.

By the way, John's typing this for me...

Still blind as a bat..Can't drive, can't read, can't go out by myself, and can't go out at night at all. Got glasses for the left eye, which makes things bolder but doesn't help much. Fluid is building up at the back of both my eyes, so I hope it doesn't mean more surgery.

Excruciating pain is constant in my back and all down both legs. I have slipped disks above where the previous operation occurred, and the nerve canal is completely closed.. Can barely walk; can't
    sleep; can't sit and I'm constantly on pain killers which don't help much. Next (High-risk, experimental) surgery is on Jan. 10th. Wonder whether I can make it to then. May be in hospital and rehab for a while. A childhood friend, who is like my sister, is coming down from Toronto to stay with me for a month, since I'll need 24-hour care.

John came back from California for two weeks, but will be leaving before the surgery. He can't stay because he got a job there he has to get back to. I didn't realize how much I missed him. He takes such good care of me! He'll always be my Honey. (John blushes!)

Mz Logan is great. Always by my side. She's healthy and happy, tho she has developed a spare tire while I wasn't looking (my bad).

Ask the mayor for my number and call me any time. My phone ran out of power yesterday, so I missed a call.

I love and miss everybody!

Here's to better days ahead!

Love, Karen

I've been Boooo'd!

Oh goodness! It's so great to hear from you! I wish more could be done for your eyes!

But getting out of pain is a huge thing. Very best of luck and many PT Prayers for your surgery - and may you be pain-free after you heal!

Thanks, John, for typing and reading. Hurry back!

Hugs and Merry Christmas to both of you.

You're being a good nurse, Ms. Logan!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Good to hear from you Karen! Merry Christmas to you, Logan and John! I will keep you in my prayers that things will turn out well with your surgery and you can see again. {hugs}
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Thank you for the update, Karen. It's good to hear from you. I'm so sorry you are still in so much pain and your sight still so bad.

Continuing prayers that the surgery will help and your pain will ease and your sight can be recovered.

God love and bless John and your friend from Toronto and Logan. God bless those who love us all and care for us when we need it so badly.

May you and John and Logan enjoy a happy, contented Christmas together, and may 2012 bring good things to you.

Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

It is very nice to hear from you. I have been praying for a miracle for your eyesight. I hope your next surgery goes well. I pray that 2012 is a blessed year for you.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Karen, I will start lighting a candle on the Pet Talk candle site for you. I will request that your surgery will go well and they can get you out of any pain.

I know everyone here cares about you a great deal and will join me in prayers for your rehabilitation.

Merry Christmas and wishes for a healing New Year.

Anyone who wants to call her, PM me, and I will give you her cell phone number. Lizbud, she thinks you must have an old number for her, so let me know, and I'll give you her cell number, which has an answering machine if she cannot answer.

I just got off the phone with her, and updated her on some of the news from Pet Talk, and sent all your love to her! Phone calls, especially between next week and January 10th will be greatly appreciated!
    I've Been Frosted

I hope your surgery goes well. Merry Christmas and God Bless.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

So sorry to learn you're having it so rough. I'm glad your friend can be there for you. Wish we could do more for you. Tell Miss Klo to take good care of you and hugs to you both.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Dearest Karen, i am so sorry to read what a rough time you are having with all of this, just want you to know you are in my thoughts and i pray that you will soon be pain free and your surgery will be a great success, thinking of you, GIANT GENTLE HUGS from across the seas,
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Karen,

So sorry to hear your sight is still bad and that you are in pain. I hope the surgery helps you out if not work wonders for you.

Prayers headed your way.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Hi Karen, it's great hearing from you. I'm so sorry that you're still in pain and can't see well. I hope that your surgery goes well and that 2012 will be a great year for you. We all miss you around here. I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

I spoke to Karen briefly today, she is home and recovering after major back surgery, and sends everyone her love. We're hoping to chat again tomorrow, so I will update everyone then!
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks for continuing to keep us updated. Please give her my best wishes.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Thanks for continuing to keep us updated about her. I sure hope that she'll make a speedy recovery from her back surgery. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.