Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Buy Omaha Steaks?

Anyone Buy Omaha Steaks?

They had a special offer on the TODAY show, Jill's Steals and Deals, so I ordered. First time. I've got one packet thawing to cook later today.

I've done well in the past with Jill's offers; only bought 3 things over 2 years, but quite pleased with all of them.

I am getting all these emails of the "great" deals from Omaha, which suggests what I bought wasn't so unusual after all. Oh well. But what really annoys me is that they say their beef are "grain fed" which is better than grazing or grass fed? Uh-oh, I suspect I really made an OOPS! Here. Pretty sure I am not going to order from them ever again.

So anyone have any info on them?

No I have never ordered them before.. I have heard that they are very good.. Hey I will be right over & we can try them.. Let us know the turn out ok..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

We just went to a retail store and bought our Omaha Steak roast for Christmas (and got eight free burgers with it!)

Their meats can be pricy but they are sooooo good. Their sides are good too - my husband LOVES the au gratin potato and they have a white fish with Mexican spices that is great to have in the freezer for a quick dinner.

They had a store very close to us which closed a couple of years ago. Now we have to drive about 45 minutes (and LOTS of traffic) so we don't get it as often.

ES, the Omaha Steak roast, was the one you cooked last Christmas? It was delicious. I must try that corn thing you made!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Yes and they are fabulous! There is a retail store about a 30-minute drive from me, so I don't go there often - but they cook like a dream.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I don't know anything about Omaha steaks. I understand that grass fed it the way to go. However, I also think these cows are raised humanely and not factory farmed so that's good. I'm trying to cut down on red meat. I figure I'll buy better more expensive cuts fewer times.

Funny you should ask! I ordered steaks for my parents for Christmas. It came with 4 steaks, 4 baked stuffed potatoes and 2 bags of veggies. I ordered online and had it delivered to them. I don't know if they have tried them yet.

I hope they are good and they like them. After I got them I had heard some mixed reviews so I was a bit scared.

I didn't know they had roasts! Have to check that out online.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I had an Omaha Steak once at my brother's - cooked on the grill - and it was very good. I've never personally ordered any of their packages tho.

It's funny how your eyes sometimes play tricks on you. When I first glanced at the title of this thread, I thought it said OBAMA Steaks. Thought it was a joke thread of some sort. Okay - you can blame it on my age.....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

My husband's boss sent us a gift box from them last year and everything was fantastic. We have had them a few times and have never been disappointed....ENJOY!

Yes I am sitting here && laughing my butt off == due to I first read the title the same way too.. I was like what the heck is Sandie going with this.. And then I reread to myself && went oh oh yow..

It's funny how your eyes sometimes play tricks on you. When I first glanced at the title of this thread, I thought it said OBAMA Steaks. Thought it was a joke thread of some sort. Okay - you can blame it on my age.....[/QUOTE]

<Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I am allergic to beef, but get chicken breasts from them, and also like the sides - I get the baked stuffed potatoes, and Paul loves their rissoto cakes, which are even good just microwaved! The (boneless, skinless) chicken breast are individually packaged, so I can just throw one in the fridge overnight and it is thawed for dinner the next day - quite handy.
    I've Been Frosted

12. Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    ES, the Omaha Steak roast, was the one you cooked last Christmas? It was delicious. I must try that corn thing you made!
    That's the one! Only thing is it is so lean there's not much drippings for the Yorkshire Pudding!

OK thanks for all the info!

Today I made the bacon wrapped beef tenderloin (filet mignon). We've never had that before, even without the bacon, as we aren't big beef eaters. It was yummy!

The special came with:
    4 bacon wrapped beef tenderloin
    4 boneless pork chops
    4 boneless chicken breasts
    4 steak burgers
    4 stuffed potatoes
    4 caramel apple tartlets
    and at the time I ordered, she offered to add 2 more beef tenderloin (not with bacon) for just additional shipping, so I did that.

Now: those of you (who shall remain nameless) who thought I asked about Obama Steaks, please have your glass prescription checked!

Well there ya go = I see the problem now == Was I suppose to put on my Glassess??

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    OK thanks for all the info!

Now: those of you (who shall remain nameless) who thought I asked about Obama Steaks, please have your glass prescription checked!

I've never tried their meats or sides before but it all sounds yummy.
    I looked up their site (with pictures) and my mouth is watering. I just
    finished breakfast only an hour ago. Pricing seems reasonable too.

http://www.omahasteaks.com/servlet/O...FRECQAodRhoOow
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt