Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Huge Update, and Some Pictures

A Huge Update, and Some Pictures

Okay, the Huge Update is.......... we have moved from California to Texas, and we have a new addition to our kitty family! He came with our new house and property. His name is Oreo, and he is 2 years old. Here he is:

The first thing you gotta know about him is, he *looooooooves* attention. He will meow at you until.......

......you pick him up, or let him sit on your lap, and pet him. Then he purrs and purrs and purrs, and gives you head-bumpies.

That is my red coat he is lying on. The instant I put it on the grass, he was on it. Doesn't it complement him nicely?

He's a very handsome, fluffy boy!

He's incredibly cute, as well.

Next up, Princess and Duchess in their new home...
    Last edited by JALB; 12-16-2011 at 09:36 AM.

Hitotsu no gengo wa keshite jūbun de wa nai. - One language is never enough.

We took Princess and Duchess with us, of course. They rode along in our travel trailer, but did not enjoy the ride. They didn't like all the bumping and moving. So they were happy to get out when we got to our new house. We took them inside, and, for a while, they were confined to the utility room so they could get used to the new surroundings in there.

When they were allowed into the rest of the house, excluding the bedrooms and bathroom, Princess went right out and explored, but Duchess was scared and remained huddled in the back of the utility room each time its door was opened. But, she is now comfortable in her new home, as is Princess:

(Can you tell who is who?)

These are pictures of them in my room. Here you can really tell that they are comfortable with their new surroundings!

Next, other information regarding our move

What a Great New Friend!!
    How could anybody with any claim to being Human leave such a Great Cat Companion behind
    Thank God you were there for your New Cat.
    With the Duchess and the Princess , we recommend the name The Duke!!!

Bless you for helping the helpless
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Our new house is actually being rented to us, so we don't truly own it. The property has a large, mostly grass front yard and backyard, a small part of which is fenced. Right next door to us live two horses. Sadly, we did not bring our horses, because Bandit is an old horse, and I thought he might not take well to the long drive from old home to new, or to the extreme cold in winter and heat in summer in Texas. We did not bring Cocoa because, for one thing, Cocoa and Bandit are best buddies, and would not like to be separated. They have been given to a very nice family who have a few other horses and know a lot about them.

As to the rooms in our house, there are:
    3 bedrooms (one the master),
    1 playroom,
    2 bathrooms (one the master),
    1 utility room (the "hideout" of the Royal Kitties),
    1 classroom (the kids are homeschooled),
    1 kitchen and dining room,
    and, a computer and entertainment room.

Outside, there is a big workshop, which is where we are keeping all our not-yet-unpacked boxes. The front yard has a long driveway. The backyard has a small swing set and slide.

Well, that is all that I have to say (for now, at least). I hope you enjoyed the story and were not bored to pieces..........

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu View Post
    What a Great New Friend!!
    How could anybody with any claim to being Human leave such a Great Cat Companion behind
    Thank God you were there for your New Cat.
    With the Duchess and the Princess , we recommend the name The Duke!!!

Bless you for helping the helpless
    You may misunderstand; they have not abandoned him. He has been an outdoor cat all his life, so is far from helpless, and does not like being indoors. I am not meaning to sound rude in any way, and am sorry if I have. I do hope this information will not start an argument about indoor vs. outdoor for cats. I would like this thread to remain friendly.

And, he already has a name; it is Oreo.

Your alright && we do understand about this new baby.. He is so Handsome.. Now I am in TX too outside of the MetroPlex (dallas/ftworth) Area.. So where abouts in TX did you move too?? Why did you pick TX from CA if I may ask?? Welcome to Texas..

QUOTE=JALB;2396905]You may misunderstand; they have not abandoned him. He has been an outdoor cat all his life, so is far from helpless, and does not like being indoors. I am not meaning to sound rude in any way, and am sorry if I have. I do hope this information will not start an argument about indoor vs. outdoor for cats. I would like this thread to remain friendly.

And, he already has a name; it is Oreo.[/QUOTE]

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Hello, Princess and Duchess! I'm delighted to see you again because you are so very fluffy and beautiful!

And Hello, Oreo! I think you fit right in because you are grey and white and fluffy, just like the Royal Kitties! How very nice to meet you today! I'm with Catmandu-- maybe we should give you a regal title! How does Duke Oreo work for you? What a handsome guy you are, and yes, you look very nice on meowmie's red coat.!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I'm glad to hear that your move went well and that your cats have settled in nicely. Oreo sure is a very handsome boy. My brother lives in Frisco,TX.

Quote Originally Posted by lvpets2002 View Post
    Your alright && we do understand about this new baby.. He is so Handsome.. Now I am in TX too outside of the MetroPlex (dallas/ftworth) Area.. So where abouts in TX did you move too?? Why did you pick TX from CA if I may ask?? Welcome to Texas..
    I am sorry, but that is classified information.....

I think, though, that it is okay to tell you why we moved to Texas: it is because we are from here, so our family is here.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I'm with Catmandu-- maybe we should give you a regal title! How does Duke Oreo work for you?
    I think that Prince Oreo sounds a little better........ no offense.

Princess has met Oreo while I was walking her outside........ they didn't like each other. Just yesterday, Prin and Oreo could see each other through the glass front door; Oreo yowled at Princess and tried to attack her through the glass. Princess hissed and put her ears back then. The same thing happened with Duchess through the window, except she hissed at him until he jumped at the window and scared her off.

One more thing: I took Princess over to see the horses next door, and she flattened her ears and was making a sort of growling noise, and when the horses tried to sniff her, she hissed at them. When we were going away, Princess kept turning around to stare at them, not wanting to turn her back on them. And, just in case you are concerned, neither Princess nor the horses were in any way hurt.

Congratulations on the move and the new addition! It's good you understood his initial meowing, and that it meant "Pet me now!"

It's sad, and I am sure it was a hard decision to leave the horses there, but that would have been a big move for the old man, so I am sure you did what is best!
    I've Been Frosted

I can't tell who's who But there they are, the beautiful Royal Kitties who always make me smile!

And JALB, I hope you like Texas very much! Congratulations on your move!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Congratulations on your new move, and welcome to beautiful Oreo! What a gorgeous fellow he is.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Your Duchess and Princess are both beautiful and I certainly dont know who is who. Your new cat Oreo is also beautiful and sounds very friendly and loving (at least with people). Hmmm, Sounds as if it will take awhile for Oreo and the other two cats to be friendly and at ease with each other. Congrats on your new place; it sounds very nice for the people and the cats. Kay in NC

Congratulations on the move and the new addition! Oreo is adorable and the name fits him very well. Princess and Duchess are just as cute as well!

RIP Sally

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post

I can't tell who's who But there they are, the beautiful Royal Kitties who always make me smile!

And JALB, I hope you like Texas very much! Congratulations on your move!
    Princess is the one in the scratching post, and Duchess is cuddled on the clothes.

I don't just *like* Texas, I looooooooooooove it!

Thanks for the compliments, everyone!