Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We miss you Phred

Thanks for posting this, Gini.

I too miss Phred here and think of him often, he was the pillar of PT, and one of the reasons I joined. He was so helpful, always there with excellent advice - and what fun we had over the years. On Valentine's Day, for Easter and Christmas, he always sent me an e- card.

Phred, you are very much missed by your friends here, but I'm sure you have met all of the PT cats and dogs who have gone to the RB, and I just know they are all getting extra treats from you! I like to think that you and John are sitting there together, having a beer and a good chat.

A toast to you, dear Phred!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I can't afford to join a big list so the past few years I've just done my own Christmas card list...and I went to use my one from last year and saw Phred's name and address....then the hospital address. It's hard to believe it's been a year. I always got the e-cards from him too. You can't really go on pet talk without thinking of him, what he would have to say. He is loved and missed dearly.

In the apartment we are right now, the bouquet of silk flowers he sent us is centered on the mantle above the fireplace, so it's one of the first things you see when you walk in. He sent the flowers when Miss Hoppy died, but I think of him as much as her when I see them. Stoney the cement rabbit is inside the apartment, waiting for a garden spot when we get the next house.
    I've Been Frosted

Dear Phred,

You have been gone a year already. I miss you every time I log on to PT. I think of you every time I see a fire truck And the fire station is just down the street from my house, so I see them a lot!

I've borrowed your Prayer Pups post a few times. It doesn't feel quite the same coming from me, but there is nothing like it.

I know you are watching over our RB dogs, cats and pets and sadly, there have been some additions to your group this year. Please give them all some hugs and lovies for me.

Love,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

We have a new little orange, stray kitten we have taken in. I named him PHRED. He makes me smile and feel good every time I see him or say his name. Just like his inspiration....

Laurie
    ~ at least I'm not...

He is so sadly missed by us all, i remember his lovely threads, they enlightened me, made me laugh and most of all they had that special touch to them that only phred could do, rest in peace dear phred, you are forever in our hearts and fondest memories.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I miss Phred alot too! He was always there when you needed him. Who knew that first day he showed up at the dog park so many years ago that he would become our "leader", our friend, our confidant and so much more. The dog park meetings will never be the same without him!

The prayer pups are doing well. They miss their dad but as I said before I truly believe that Phred came to them and said to come along with us. They are such great pups. They are a real tribute to the kind of man Phred was. Kind, loving, and compassionate.

We will miss you and think of you always, Phred!

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Phred was so 'behind the scenes' is much of what he did. A ear to listen, a call to action, sage advice. I miss him.

9. There are some phone numbers I cannot erase from my cell phone, some email addresses I cannot erase as well.

Phred is among those.

Somehow it keeps him close for me.

It's crazy to think it's been so long. I will never forget what he did for Bowser. Rest easy, Phred.

Phred truly was and definitely is a bright star in the sky - every time I see one I think of Phred and miss his wonderful stories and his selfless urge to help anyone, no matter what the problem was.

You are loved and missed by so many around the globe, Dear Phred. Take a moment to pop by and have a read - and don't worry, a little tear in the eyeball is a good thing
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Merry Christmas, Phred, wherever you are. You truly were one of a kind.

I miss Phred too. It feels like yesterday we lost him
    In loving memory of Tigger 2003-2009. In loving memory of Ashes 2001-2013.

Saw Klam Juice on the top shelf in the grocery store and instantly thought of Phred. Miss you friend!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June