Thread: Once Upon a Time

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)

Once Upon a Time

Anyone watch it? It isn't my favorite show ever, but I'm enjoying it.

I LOVE the casting of the Evil Queen/Mayor, Snow White/Mary Margaret, Prince Charming/David, Henry, and Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold. I am still on the fence with Emma Swan, though. I loved her in House, but for some reason, I'm just not "feeling her" in the show, yet. I have to say, though, the other choices - LOVE!

Ginnifer Goodwin is perfect as Snow White, I think . . . especially comparing her to the latest version of Snow White with Kristen Stewart as the title character (I don't see it at all, even knowing that it's not a fairy tale style retelling).

Anyway . . . the part where Jiminy Cricket turns into the cricket has been my favorite moment so far. It was a bit hokey, but so magical, I felt like a little girl for a second, it was awesome.

Just wondering if anyone else watches it. I haven't watched last night's episode yet, but I will tomorrow morning, if not tonight.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

We've been watching it and enjoying it, too. It'll be interesting to see how things develop. I don't watch House, so am not familiar with the actress playing Emma, but think that considering bone structure and face shape, she's a pretty good choice for Snow/Mary Margaret's daughter. It always bugs me when casting directors can' be bothered to cast people who look at all alike as genetically connected people, y'know?

We're liking it better than Grimm, the other fairy-tale based show this season, I am still watching Grimm, but Paul isn't!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post

We're liking it better than Grimm, the other fairy-tale based show this season, I am still watching Grimm, but Paul isn't!

Haven't seen it yet, although I have been meaning to. I do watch
    Grimm and like it so far. It's something different for sure.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I LOVE it and can't wait to see what's going to happen next!
    As for Grimm, I like that kind of stuff so I'm watching it too

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I called what was going to happen on Sunday night's episode. Bummer. I really liked that character, too!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I love this show! It really brings out the little girl in me. That was definitely a big bummer, Kari! I really liked him also.

Quote Originally Posted by RobiLee View Post
    I love this show! It really brings out the little girl in me. That was definitely a big bummer, Kari! I really liked him also.
    I know, the show overall doesn't do that for me, but there have been a couple parts (especially when Jiminy transformed into a cricket) that really felt magical.

I really liked the transformation of Emma's character, even if it was just for a few minutes. It was a nice break from her normal cool and collected persona.