Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Bobby :( Time to say goodbye. Memorial frame photo added

What a beautiful tribute the a great dog . You have been in my thoughts Chris.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Thanks to you both. {{hugs}}

So sorry to hear you lost him. I am new on here. Was Bobby a springer? The pic of him in the Santa suit looks just like my springer,Lolli.
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

Just watched the memorial video. Almost made me cry

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

Thank you lolli94.

In answer to your question, yes, Bobby was English Springer Spaniel, albeit a rather large one with a bad home haircut.

Chris, your memorial for Bob was beautiful! It showed his character and how sweet and trusting he was. I will miss seeing him and hearing his stories, and I know you will miss him every day. I like to think that he is free of pain, and romping around at the RB now, getting to know his friends who left before him.

When you're up to it... how does Ebby react? Is she looking for him?

Take care, Chris! Sending lots of love and big hugs.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Just wanted to let you know that you are still in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time, Chris.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Quote Originally Posted by *LabLoverKEB* View Post
    Just wanted to let you know that you are still in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time, Chris.
    Thank you, means a lot. {{hugs}}
    Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Chris, your memorial for Bob was beautiful! It showed his character and how sweet and trusting he was. I will miss seeing him and hearing his stories, and I know you will miss him every day. I like to think that he is free of pain, and romping around at the RB now, getting to know his friends who left before him.

When you're up to it... how does Ebby react? Is she looking for him?

Take care, Chris! Sending lots of love and big hugs.
    Thank you Randi. {{hugs}}

Ebby? At first she was wary, still watching and ready to get out of the way if Bob came bouncing about. Now she seems to have accepted he's gone and is spending a bit more time in the living room than she did, mostly sleeping on the sofa. I'd say she doesn't miss him, at all, not in a sad way anyway.

((Hugs)) to you.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Chris, I am so sorry I am just seeing this now. Bobby was such a handsome boy and I loved seeing his pictures and hearing his stories. The video is such a touching tribute. My heart and prayers are with you and Ebby. *hugs*
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Something told me to check in here tonight. I have been away too long, but my heart is sad to know that you have lost your Bobby, Chris. Thank you for fighting so hard for him and being courageous enough to know when it was time. Much love to you and your kitty.
    Logan

Just realized how out of date my signature is. Honey, Butter and Milly are in heaven with Bobby.

12. I admit it...your beautiful video made me cry.

He was wonderful...

Again, SO sorry you lost him, but glad you had the courage to let him go. I know how much joy Springers bring. Praying 4 you!

Thank you all.

I'm walking, talking, eating, sleeping, even laughing sometimes, but somehow divorced from reality. Reality is Bobby dashing around being a pain, asking for his dinner, sitting waiting for his harness to be put on for a walk, making me mad one minute and laugh the next ... days feel so strange.

I brought his ashes home today. I'm hoping now he's home I can better go forward into this new life without my boy.

Missing him

Chris, I suspect it will take some time before your daily routines modify. I know how much time it takes to maintain a dog and I hope you find a reason to get up all hours of the night, in all kinds of weather, to go outside. Now that I have a dog, I don't think I could live without one for very long. My dog keeps me active whether I want to or not!

I dread the thoughts of my Prue leaving this earth some day within the next 10 or so years (her life span) - it just doesn't seem like enough time to spend with my girl.

Bob will always be in your heart. He is at peace now and will no longer be uncomfortable. In order to do that, he had to break your heart.

Maybe you will be able to find some space in your heart, for another fur-faced pupster to come in ..... there are so many dogs that need good homes. Bob would approve, I'm sure.

Your loss has made me appreciate my Prue more these days. I treasure her puppy-like routines, knowing she will be a big girl some day and will slow down....and down.....

I am glad you are doing ok.