Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Bobby :( Time to say goodbye. Memorial frame photo added

You alone know when the right time is. I have often wondered how long it would take me to be ready to get another dog if Lolli ever died. I think it wouldn't take long at all. I am planning to pick Buddy up tonight so now I have two dogs and I probavly wouldn't be as quick to get another dog if Lolli died because I would still have one. But I hope everything goes well and good luck.
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

Thank you for your understanding. {{hug}}

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post

I spoke to my granddaughter on the telephone about adopting another dog maybe when I see her in person I will get more of an idea of what she thinks/feels. Though I have an idea it is about the time gap. Something I suspect a number of people may have a problem with, maybe one day they, and she, may understand. I hope so.

Chris, I wouldn't be to overly concerned with your youngest grandaughter's reaction.
    Some lessons are best learned with time and personal experience. One day she will
    understand it better.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    Too soon?

I've applied to adopt a dog.

I've almost idly looked though many, many, rescue websites over the last week and have seen hundreds of dogs I would love to home but only one that 'ticks all the boxes'.

It's fine to think if he's been taken there will be others, there is plenty of time, and that is most probably true and I would wait except ... time, I'm all too aware of it ticking away, slowly through the afternoon and evenings, so tired but sleep not refreshing, sunny, walking days wasted. Lonely.

This boy and I can share our days, learning from each other, having fun. Lonely no more.

The adoption procedure is exacting and thorough, as it should be, and I may not pass muster. I'll let you know.

Please try not to think ill of me.
    Chris, I think that this is wonderful news and I sure hope that everything will go well so that you can adopt this new dog. From my own experience, it's always helped me to get through the grieving process by adopting another pet. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Chris, I wouldn't be to overly concerned with your youngest grandaughter's reaction.
    Some lessons are best learned with time and personal experience. One day she will understand it better.
    Wise words Liz, thanks. It wasn't mentioned by either of us when she here this afternoon and best left that way I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    Chris, I think that this is wonderful news and I sure hope that everything will go well so that you can adopt this new dog. From my own experience, it's always helped me to get through the grieving process by adopting another pet. Good luck.
    Thanks Tracey.

I concur with everyone else. I think you alone know the best time to open your heart and home to another. I think Bobby will guide you to that one. *HUGS*
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

you know when i lost my first kitty, he was very young and the heartache was terrible,i did not adopt my lexie until three months later, for me it was a mistake and i learn't from that,(should have done it sooner) when lexie arrived i had something else to focus on, did not mean i had forgotten my Sooti, far from it,it just helped ease the pain and i think you to will find this when you find your little companion,however in hindsight if i had adopted sooner i would have missed out on my lovely little lexie, and i am so glad i didn't, thinking of you and i know exactly how you are feeling. HUGS
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Thank you Kimmy and Carole.

I thought you may like to see these two photos. (Sorry they are not very clear)

I still find it hard to believe he's gone. I wake up expecting him to be there, head on the bed, sometimes with a toy in his mouth "Come on mum!" ...

Life still feel strange without my Bobby, it's kind of like I'm living a different one if that makes any sense.

I'm beginning to love little Alfie, especially I think because he and Bob are like chalk and cheese. Don't know if I'm weird but I feel like if I can't have my Bob back I don't want him replicated in any way at all.

Love you Bobs, there will never, ever, be another dog like you.

Oh as i read your post , i feel tears coming, i know exactly how you are feeling, life just is not the same for me either since Ellie left, i had so much interaction with her, as she was so ill, and she was always there, to be honest i feel lost and lonely without her, if that makes sense, so my heart goes out to you,none of them are replaceable, just having a new pet ,just helps ease the pain a little and makes us focus on that, but our hearts still ache and it will just take time.

Sending you a lots of hugs and know that i and many here understand completely what you are saying, take care.

Bobs memoriam is just beautiful,he was such a pretty dog.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Carole, thank you for your kind words and understanding. {{hugs}}

Chris -that is so beautiful!!!!

Hugs to you and Alfie
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Thanks. {{hugs}} back.

Oh, God, Chris. It is nearly unbearable at times, isn't it? When I lost Tex, my tuxie'ist all of tuxedos, a bit of my heart went forever with him. I felt such a resistance to loving my other cats fully. As if I could stop the pain. Eventually, the love comes, but I am not sure it is the same. When I let RB Binx go, it was forever before I loved another dog. With Jasper, who I have had close to a year now, or is it two?, I really don't remember...I love him, but, my heart belongs to Binx.