Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Bobby :( Time to say goodbye. Memorial frame photo added

Sending good vibes your way! It's tough seeing our dogs get older.. *hugs*

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Sorry to hear dear Bobby has had some health troubles. I will keep him in my thoughts please keep us updated.

Thanks guys.

Bob also thanks you.

My dear Bob: Yes it sucks to get old, but please know that I'm saying prayers really hard for you sweetie. Hang in there please. I might be visiting the UK in 2012 and I really want to see you.

{{hugs}} Chris
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    Thanks guys.

Bob also thanks you.

Bobby is such a sweet boy. His sweet & lovable nature just seems to
    pop out at you in all of his pictures. (((Hugs)) to Bobby boy.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

6. Oh Bob...my beloved Bob!

I am sad to hear you are suffering some of the indignities of aging - but then....so am I!

It is so good to see your adorable face...

Bobby Boy...you are my most favorite dog. I send good thoughts and hope to you...

with

ES

Hi Chris,
    My dog, Jasper, has what must be considered the most sensitive tummy in the world. He gets into something before I can get to him, and we will go throw a solid week of intense diahhrea, sometimes vomiting, but otherwise normal behaviour. I have taken him to the vet many times. While the anti-diarhal helps a lot..flagyl (metronidizole), I have to do this:

No food whatsoever for a full 24 hours. None. Then, we go on a plain boiled rice and greenbeans for 3 days, and this is small amounts. Jasper normally eats one cup twice a day. When he is on the green bean/rice diet, it is a half cup mixture, twice a day. When the 5th day comes around, I offer him 3-4 small meals, maybe 1/4 cup (so one fourth of his normal meal) 3 or four times a day. He also eats a special, limited ingredient diet, sweet potato and fish, as those are seemingly less allergy'ish than others.

Every day for dinner, he gets one omega 3 pill, and a allergy pill. If I keep him away from everything else, he is ok, but if he eats something outside- it is devastating to him. This summer, he literally broke out of the house, through a window screen, to get outside to do his business during the day. In the process, he took out most of the other screens, too. It seems to stress him out, which only contributes to the problem.

The no food for 24 hours cannot be encouraged enough. It gives the gut time to calm down.

Good luck!!

Johanna

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    The no food for 24 hours cannot be encouraged enough. It gives the gut time to calm down.

It's funny, as a human with food allergies, after I have had a new reaction to something, I have no desire to eat the next day, and only approach food cautiously for a couple days after that. And I'm not at all hungry usually for several days, it's like my body is telling my brain - "Nope, food is bad! Never mind that stuff!"
    I've Been Frosted

Handsome Bobby , all our fingers and paws are crossed for you here sweetheart. I hope things go well.

Thanks slick, Liz, Sara, Johanna & Karen, and once again for everyone else who has posted, for your concern, good wishes and prayers. All very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    Hi Chris,
    My dog, Jasper, has what must be considered the most sensitive tummy in the world. He gets into something before I can get to him, and we will go throw a solid week of intense diahhrea, sometimes vomiting, but otherwise normal behaviour. I have taken him to the vet many times. While the anti-diarhal helps a lot..flagyl (metronidizole), I have to do this:

No food whatsoever for a full 24 hours. None. Then, we go on a plain boiled rice and greenbeans for 3 days, and this is small amounts. Jasper normally eats one cup twice a day. When he is on the green bean/rice diet, it is a half cup mixture, twice a day. When the 5th day comes around, I offer him 3-4 small meals, maybe 1/4 cup (so one fourth of his normal meal) 3 or four times a day. He also eats a special, limited ingredient diet, sweet potato and fish, as those are seemingly less allergy'ish than others.

Every day for dinner, he gets one omega 3 pill, and a allergy pill. If I keep him away from everything else, he is ok, but if he eats something outside- it is devastating to him. This summer, he literally broke out of the house, through a window screen, to get outside to do his business during the day. In the process, he took out most of the other screens, too. It seems to stress him out, which only contributes to the problem.

Good luck!!

Johanna
    Poor Jasper and poor you. {{hugs}}

Similar to Jasper, over the years Bob has eaten all sorts of things, inorganic and inedible, many is the time I have had to withhold food for twenty four hours and then feed him something easy on the tummy for a few days, usually fresh chicken, or fish, and rice. However this 'whatever it is' now is kind of different.

In the spring of 2010 he was checked out for weight loss but we managed to get it stable again by feeding him up but this latest weight loss seems to be somehow tied to allergies. Any kind of gluten and/or grain seems to set him off. I have fed him a whole bunch of different foods, both dry and canned, and the one he is on now, canned, seems to suit him, so far anyway.

I feed it shared out into three or four meals spread throughout the day in order not to overload his stomach in one go. As to his picking up and eating things I use a muzzle for walks and watch him as much as I can when he goes out in the garden.

He was on steroids for a week or so but besides the fact they didn't seem to be helping much they made him uber hungry to the point he was snaffling food any which way he could and was nasty with it, so I weaned him off them.

Got an vet appointment on Monday morning, (God willing we can get there). I'm almost certain Bob has not gained any weight, in fact could even have lost some more after last weekend. But fingers crossed eh?

Bobby sweetheart, we are sending all our good thoughts and healing vibes to you for your appointment tomorrow. Good luck, baby boy.

While I'm not around as much either, I most certainly do remember you and your sweet Bob

I hate to hear that he's having such health problems and has been loosing weight, but I do hope to hear that the vet has good news when/if you visit Monday.

I that picture of him! He's like Angus was in his pictures...smiling away!

Love and (((HUGS))) to you both!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Thanks Karen & Anna. {{hugs}}

Hope things are lookin' better for Bobby soon Chris, I always enjoyed seeing his smiling handsome face.