Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Bobby :( Time to say goodbye. Memorial frame photo added

Bobby :( Time to say goodbye. Memorial frame photo added

Although I do regularly check the board and although I haven't posted in a quite a while I'm hoping there are still a few members who will remember us and be interested.

I'm sorry to say my Bobby boy isn't at all well. He has become gluten and grain intolerant, and beside that is suffering from malabsorption with chronic diarrhoea which has lead to a big weight loss. Was able to mostly keep the diarrhoea under control but the weight was still falling off.

Over the last few weeks we have been trying a new drug, similar to the one used for Crohn's in humans, and it seemed to going pretty well, hoped to see a weight gain, if only a little, on next weigh-in day. However, soft stools over the last few days and then today full blown diarrhoea containing some blood has kind of dashed my hopes.

It could very well be the result of eating something he shouldn't whilst out in the garden - he's very adept at snaffling something too swiftly for me to spot ... yes, in all other aspects he is the same old Bob. Still annoying, still crazy, still happy in himself. Sleeps a lot heavier, but then he is quite old. Arthritis and getting weaker means his back legs don't work as well as they should, especially on waking, but he can still stand on them to reach the kitchen worktops in the hopes of a snaffle.

So there you have it. If you've a mind to, please say a little prayer for my boy.
    Last edited by ChrisH; 02-08-2012 at 06:42 AM.

I'm sorry to hear Bobby isn't doing well. Many prayers headed his way.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I'm so sorry to hear that he is not feeling well. Many prayer being said for the sweet Bobby. He's always been such a charmer.

I am so sorry your Bobby is having health problems. It is so upsetting when our beloved pets aren't well. I do hope he gets better. He's in my prayers.

I knew from the title that I didn't want to read what you wrote. I remember him and love seeing his pics. If he ate something he shouldn't, has the vet checked into giving him some vitamin K? Just a hope that anything will make him better. I'm so sorry to learn this. Dasher's hips and back legs are getting weak, too. Give your boy big hugs from me.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

He'll be in our prayers!
    I've Been Frosted

Of course we remember you ChrisH.
    I am so sorry to hear that Bobby is having such a hard time of it. It is
    so tough to see our dear friends grow older and weaker. I do hope
    with all my heart that Bobby gets over the stomach issues & gains some
    strength back again. Prayers for you both & gentle pets for Ebby.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I cringed when I saw your thread title. You can count on prayers from me for Bobby - and a few for you too - this must be hard on you.

Aww, I'm sorry Bobby is not doing well. I've always loved seeing him and hearing about him. I hope he can over come this and feel better.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Oh Chris, I'm so sorry to hear Bobby has health problems, he is such a sweet boy and I always love to hear what he's up to, and see pictures/videos of him.

It sounds like you have had him checked for all sorts of things, but has he been x-rayed? I hope there are foods that will agree with his tummy.

Sending lots of good thoughts and we're keeping all paws and fingers crossed for Bobby.

(((hugs))) to you.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Hugs for Bobby

I am sorry to hear that Bobby is under the weather. Old age is not always fun for animals. And they can't tell you what's wrong!

I hope the meds you have now, keep him in recovery.

Please give him a hug from all the campers here in Vermont.

((((((((((((((((Bobby)))))))))))))))))

Sas

Thanks everyone, for your concern, well wishes & prayers. All much appreciated.

As I wrote earlier, he's fine in himself so far, no sign of pain or discomfort, still keeping that old tail wagging.

I'm due to take him to the vet next week (if I can, but that is a whole other story) but I will see how he goes over the next couple of days and may take him sooner. My vet, the only one I trust, is only at the surgery Monday afternoons and Thursday mornings which can make things a little more difficult, though I can always reach him by phone if I need to.

I will update on how Bobby is getting on, maybe even get a few photos taken and posted. Meanwhile, here he is as Santa from back in 2004.

Thanks once again guys.
    Last edited by ChrisH; 12-11-2011 at 02:27 PM.

BIG prayers for Bobby!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

What a sweet boy he is.................going to light a candle for him.

Chris, I'm so sorry to hear this. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.