Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye, my wild child.

Goodbye, my wild child.

Deuce was showing classic signs of pancreatitis on Monday. His vet saw some concerning things on his abdominal x-rays. She did an ultrasound yesterday morning that only increased her concerns. Late yesterday afternoon we gave her permission to do an exploratory surgery. There was a mass behind his liver, cellular changes in the structure of his liver; his pancreas was necrotic and a section of his intestine so hardened and inflammed that nothing could have passed through it. We did not let him wake up again.

We brought him here in May 2005. He'd been a stray for years in a local village. No one claimed him and eventually he started getting in trouble trying to find food! The villages up here still deal with their stray dog problems with bullets. A young man tied Deuce and two other dogs up in his yard to save them until the shelter had room.

Deuce lost his mind in the shelter. From free roam of the Yukon wilderness, to a chain, to a tiny kennel! He hated the confinement and he was horribly bored. The shelter staff thought he was a aggressive and wanted him put down. Stuart was the shelter director at the time and he brought him home instead. They always shared a special bond; Deuce knew who saved him. I am grateful Stuart made it home in time to say goodbye.

Deuce was not aggressive ever; he was just extraordinarily active, happy and exuberant! He didn't always know how to ask nicely for the attention he so desperately wanted so he'd just knock you over to get it! He was my wild child and I will miss his nutty self! His penmate, Raven, is lost without him. They've been best friends since the day he arrived.

He didn't always get everything he should have here. He was a difficult dog at times; a special needs boy! But he was safe, warm, fed and deeply loved. I hope that was enough. Godspeed, my wild child. Don't cause too much chaos at the Bridge!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Awww, rest is peace, cutie! I bet there is a whole group of dogs up there just as energetic and loved as you, play with them for a while, and run to your heart's content, knowing you will always have a spot in your momma's heart down here!
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    RIP Deuce - handsome boy! You will be missed, but know that you were loved and you are leaving behind many wonderful memories to fill that empty space in your human's hearts. Positive healing and loving vibes to you and Stuart, Tamara.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Nice to read Deuce's history. What a boy, always energetic, they ARE the ones who get into troubles, very often. And they worm their way in to your heart and keep you smiling and shaking your head all at the same time. I am so sorry for your loss. RIP Deuce.

What a handsome boy he was. May he romp and run to his heart's content at the RB--
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Oh my such a tough year for you and Stuart losing so many family members. I am so sorry for the loss of your Deuce - beloved wild child. RIP

Ohhh, Deuce. I saw this sad news on facebook. I did not know the story of how you came to be adopted. I am sure Phred greeted you at the bridge with hugs and lots of love. Saying prayers for your mom and dad and your pen-mate Raven. (((HUGS)))
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I'm very sorry about Deuce.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I'm so sorry you've had to endure yet another loss this year. I'm very sad for Raven who has lost her very bestest friend. I'm sure Deuce is wreaking all manner of havoc at the Bridge and having a splendid time.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

So sorry to hear about Deuce. He is reunited with his "pack" up at the Rainbow Bridge.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Oh, Dear. I am so very sorry to hear this. Godspeed, Duece.

Blog Entries
    Deuce has lived a wonderful life with you & what a life he has had. He had an angel on his shoulder. Rest In Peace Wild Fur Child (((Hugs))) for you Glacier
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Rest in peace, Deuce. He sounds like such a special boy, and what a wonderful story. I am glad Stuart saved him! Run free for all of eternity buddy!

I am so sorry to hear of Deuce's passing. I am glad he didn't feel fear or pain when he crossed over.
    May he rest in peace.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I am so sorry for your loss. I'm sure he had a good life with you.