Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Bobby :( Time to say goodbye. Memorial frame photo added

Your video was beautiful Chris.

It doesn't quite seem real to me either that Bobby has gone. I will miss his photos and his wonderfully soulful eyes. No dog could ever hold a Happy Birthday card like our Bobby.

Hugs to you and Ebbs tonight.

Thank you Karen. {{hugs}}
    Quote Originally Posted by sasvermont View Post
    Chris, I suspect it will take some time before your daily routines modify. I know how much time it takes to maintain a dog and I hope you find a reason to get up all hours of the night, in all kinds of weather, to go outside. Now that I have a dog, I don't think I could live without one for very long. My dog keeps me active whether I want to or not!

I dread the thoughts of my Prue leaving this earth some day within the next 10 or so years (her life span) - it just doesn't seem like enough time to spend with my girl.

Bob will always be in your heart. He is at peace now and will no longer be uncomfortable. In order to do that, he had to break your heart.

Maybe you will be able to find some space in your heart, for another fur-faced pupster to come in ..... there are so many dogs that need good homes. Bob would approve, I'm sure.

Your loss has made me appreciate my Prue more these days. I treasure her puppy-like routines, knowing she will be a big girl some day and will slow down....and down.....

I am glad you are doing ok.
    A lot of your post resonates. Thanks sas {{hug}}

Too soon?

I've applied to adopt a dog.

I've almost idly looked though many, many, rescue websites over the last week and have seen hundreds of dogs I would love to home but only one that 'ticks all the boxes'.

It's fine to think if he's been taken there will be others, there is plenty of time, and that is most probably true and I would wait except ... time, I'm all too aware of it ticking away, slowly through the afternoon and evenings, so tired but sleep not refreshing, sunny, walking days wasted. Lonely.

This boy and I can share our days, learning from each other, having fun. Lonely no more.

The adoption procedure is exacting and thorough, as it should be, and I may not pass muster. I'll let you know.

Please try not to think ill of me.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    Too soon?

I've almost idly looked though many, many, rescue websites over the last week and have seen hundreds of dogs I would love to home but only one that 'ticks all the boxes'.

It's fine to think if he's been taken there will be others, there is plenty of time, and that is most probably true and I would wait except ... time, I'm all too aware of it ticking away, slowly through the afternoon and evenings, so tired but sleep not refreshing, sunny, walking days wasted. Lonely.

This boy and I can share our days, learning from each other, having fun. Lonely no more.

The adoption procedure is exacting and thorough, as it should be, and I may not pass muster. I'll let you know.

Oh Chris, that would never happen. I adopted my Smokey just 3-4 weeks after Buddy passed away.
    I think I could not stand the loneliness & quiet of my house with out him. I cried every day, I missed
    him so much. Figured another dog who needed a home would force me to keep moving forward. I'll
    never forget my heart pup Buddy, but Smokey also now has his own spot in my life & my heart.

You are right, another dog is waiting for a loving home to call his own. Make it yours.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Thank you Liz, {{hug}} you'll never know how much your understanding means to me right now. {{hug}}

You are the only one who can decide when is the right time. No one else has the right to tell you when and who.

I think Bobby would not want you to be alone. Have you ever thought maybe he's whispering in your ear "Mama, you are lonely...and someone else needs you as much as I did."

Robin

Gosh, that made me cry ... but in a good way, if you know what I mean. Thank you Robin. {{hug}}

If you decide it's time, make sure to post pictures. We're here for you. {{hugs}}

Chris only you can decide if you are ready for another gorgeous dog to enter your home. It sounds as though it would do you good though to have another walking buddy and to fill the lonely days. And i am sure your new friend would be forever grateful to spend his days with you, being spoilt and most of all loved .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Too soon?

"Lonely no more" -- strikes the nail right on the head! Fingers and paws crossed that either this will work out, or you will meet another dog you would love to give a home to!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

11. My mother, who is in her 80's, lost her dog earlier this year. She could not bear to think of life without a dog to take care of. I was worried she might not qualifiy for adoption. Not only was she able to adopt - she was given a special "senior" discount. Both she and the dog are considered senior. The dog, a cocker spaniel, is also blind -- or nearly so.

My parents moved into assisted living last month. It had to be a place that would accomodate Cody.

My mother is so happy - I hear about something cute every Sunday when I call, the dog is happy and my dad - well...I think he is happy too.

Heartfelt thanks guys for the understanding and support. {{hugs}}

My son and eldest granddaughter understand but my youngest granddaughter, the one I've been closest to, doesn't, which is somewhat upsetting and a little puzzling. For even though she grew up with Bob around and spent more time in his company then the other members of my family, she was never close to him, she never bothered with him at all, so it is not sentiment. But high-ho, maybe one day..

No dog could ever take the place of my Bobs, there was none like him, nor could there ever be. The one who may become my companion is radically different to Bob, deliberately so. If I pass the home check and then can go bring home I will then introduce him to you all in his own thread.

{{hugs}}

Blog Entries
    Heartfelt thanks guys for the understanding and support. {{hugs}}

My son and eldest granddaughter understand but my youngest granddaughter, the one I've been closest to, doesn't, which is somewhat upsetting and a little puzzling. For even though she grew up with Bob around and spent more time in his company then the other members of my family, she was never close to him, she never bothered with him at all, so it is not sentiment. But high-ho, maybe one day..

No dog could ever take the place of my Bobs, there was none like him, nor could there ever be. The one who may become my companion is radically different to Bob, deliberately so. If I pass the home check and then can go bring home I will then introduce him to you all in his own thread.

{{hugs}}
    The youngest granddaughter probably doesn't maybe understand death? We had a kitten die this fall that was our grandsons. He kept talking about the kitten & I said it had gone over the rainbow bridge to heaven where all animals go & won't be coming back. He said to me can't we at least talk about Little Bear even though he is gone. So he still brings up Little Bear & we talk about him. So deep down inside maybe she is hurting & doesn't know how to deal with it?

I hope you find another dog or another dog finds you.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

A replacement for the friend we lost

Many years ago I had a pure black and totally beautiful cat. He looked like a miniature panther (his name was Stevie) and I dearly loved him but couldn't keep him because my living situation abruptly changed. So I took him to a Cat Protection Society and they adopted him out after only two weeks. He was two years old. I thought of him often and quite honestly, I felt like I failed him. A few years after that I was in a situation to have a cat and that's when Rusty and I found each other. (He passed away Christmas Eve after 13 years). He was just a kitten and I was very happy with him, but I found myself divided, like I couldn't give him my whole heart because a piece of it still belonged elsewhere and I kept thinking about the other cat. But one morning I looked at Rusty's face and it dawned on me that he didn't deserve only "half". He didn't do anything wrong and he deserved ALL of it, without guilt on my part. And I realized I could do that without diminishing my love for Stevie. From that moment on I didn't "short-change" him anymore, he got all I could give. Thankfully I had him less than a week before I came to that realization and I can honestly say I cherished every moment with him after that, right until his passing. That was the tough part for me about getting another pet. Maybe this is part of the issue with your grand daughter. I don't know. Just thought I'd share this, maybe it will help. Good luck with your adoption! He or she is going to be one lucky dog!

Thanks Bonny and SBG for your thoughts and input.

Bonny, she does understand about the death of a pet. She is 16, and over time she and her family have lost both a beloved dog and two cats, one a kitten that she loved very much. You could be right about a deep down hurt though, perhaps related to how she never showed Bobs how much she cared when he was here. I don't know. Thanks for the good wishes. {hug}

SBG, over the years I have lost and owned, or rather been owned by, 5 dogs, 6 with Bobs, and I understand totally everything you wrote. I was able to love each one of my dogs for themselves and will do so yet again. Thanks for the good luck wishes. {hug}

I spoke to my granddaughter on the telephone about adopting another dog maybe when I see her in person I will get more of an idea of what she thinks/feels. Though I have an idea it is about the time gap. Something I suspect a number of people may have a problem with, maybe one day they, and she, may understand. I hope so.