Thread: Cincinnati, OH: 2 Cornish Rex need new home

Cincinnati, OH: 2 Cornish Rex need new home

I've recently retired and will begin a lifelong dream of traveling, beginning with my first trip of 6-7 months early next year. This has placed me in the very uncomfortable position of attempting to make arrangements for care for my two darling Cornish Rex cats. When I was working, this was never an issue, but now it looks like it will be a recurring problem. I'll be gone for 6-7 months and I suspect they are not going to miss me and will adapt to whoever becomes their caregivers, which is a good thing and I hate the idea of bouncing them around for each trip. I will miss them, but will feel much better if I know that they have found a good and loving home/s. So rather than try to find a temporary home, it will be better if they can find new forever home/s.

Kinsey is 12 years old, black, spayed, not declawed. She was treated for hyperthyroidism a couple of years ago and now she's on the plump side. She's otherwise healthy and it's hard to believe she's 12. She throws up about once a week, and I can't figure out what causes it, but it's mostly undigested (so it's easy to clean up) and doesn't seem to affect her. She's a snuggler and being a typical Cornish Rex is a little heat seeker. She'll want to sleep with you, snuggled against your chest if you're a side sleeper.

Nikita is 9, a seal point (kind of coffee latte and white), neutered, and declawed. He's in good health (they're both up to date on their shots) and has kind of any unusual coat. The fur on his back grows in, but then breaks off (the vet called it follicular displasia) so it is very short and feels like suede--so soft. The rest is a nice wavy Cornish Rex coat. Being Cornish Rexes, they do not shed. He's very sweet and also a snuggler. He'll want to sleep with you, snuggled behind your knees. Where Kinsey is plumpish, Nikita is slender.

They basically tolerate each other, so they do not necessarily have to go together.

Hoping that there is someone out there who will adopt them into their loving home. Local would be nice, but I'd be willing to travel a reasonable distance or meet you half way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0093.JPG 
Views:	248 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	47941   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0002.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	289.8 KB 
ID:	47942  
    Last edited by Janeway; 12-11-2011 at 09:14 AM.

Very interested

Hi, I live in SC and I'd love to adopt one from you please message me or reply to this thanks!

Hi. Well, I have found a good home for Nikita. He now lives in KY with a family with two kids. Finally, he will get the attention he needs and a chance to be an "only cat." Fingers crossed that all goes well. I told the new "mother" to call me if anything changed in their ability to given him a good, safe home and that was so important to me. I've been feeling a little guilty and a little relieved, and I know a period of grief is to be expected, but I really think it's best for him. You all know how cats love routine and the expected disruptions with all my travel was going to be difficult for all of us. I'm not sure if Kinsey misses him or not. I'm thinking not, but I am giving her more attention when she's awake and asking for it. I'm also watching her behavior now that she also has a chance to be an "only cat". Nikita had really taken to bullying her.

Now it's just Kinsey and I'm not really sure how I'm going to handle finding her a new permanent home, or maybe a temporary foster home while I'm gone for my first 6 month trip. One thing I do realize is that the whole situation is a lot simpler (I think) with just one cat to deal with. Down deep I was really worried how the two, together, would behave for the new mom. With just Kinsey, I'm not worried as much as I know she won't have any behavior problems.

So, right now, plans for adoption are on hold for Kinsey. Thank you for your interest and I'll post here if things change.

Gee, I'm sorry your beautiful babies are INCONVENIENCING your retirement travel plans.

Pet ownership is a LIFETIME commitment!!! SHAME ON YOU!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!