Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi PT! We're back and there's a new addition to our family :)

Hi PT! We're back and there's a new addition to our family :)

Hi guys! I haven't posted regularly for some time now. We're all doing well! Kai turned 9 in July (where did my puppy go??) Kaedyn just had his 8th gotcha day and has slowed down a lot as of recently. He is mostly blind and has a hard time hearing now. We've also run into some problems with his liver but it seems to be managed now. As for Keeva, we've been competing in agility for the past few years and have become quite hooked on the sport!

We also have a new addition to our family! She came home in October and is now 5 months old. She's a Belgian Malinois from Czech working lines. She's incredibly drivey and is A LOT of dog. She's lots of fun though - I can't wait until we start agility!

Here are some pics of Kwik!

Day after she came home
    Kwik and Keeva

She's Keeva's shadow! :P

A rare moment lol

Keeva, Kai and Kwik. I tried to get Kaedyn in there but it was hard to tell a blind/deaf dog to stay as well as a puppy..

Kwik and I =)

And one taken today

And a random one of Keeva =)

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Hi Ashley! What a brave woman you are taking on another high energy dog! Kwik is so cute! Great to see Keva and Kai!
    Give Kaedyn a hug from me!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Oh my goodness...look at the ears on that pupper. Love it!

Great pics.

She's like Keeva's "mini-me!" What a cutie! Congratulations on the new addition.
    I've Been Frosted

Now you are all balanced out....two of each breed. I like having that balance, that's why I have a boy and girl of each species (even humans) in my house.

Kwik is adorable. But then so are all the other K's. Nice to see you again and your newest addition. Thanks for sharing the photos.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    She's like Keeva's "mimi-me!" What a cutie! Congratulations on the new addition.

That's what I was thinking too -- look, Keeva has a very cute "mini"! Yay! Welcome, Kwik! Please give Kaedyn a hug from me too -- hugs to all the K's!!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Adorable!
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Kwik is gorgeous and I love her name! Glad to hear from you and the other pups of course

Congrats on the new ball of energy. I love her perfectly black face. And wow, I didn't realize how much my dog Naylee resembles Keeva with those wide-set ears. Naylee's either just a working bred mal or has some gsd in her.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Kwik is adorable! Glad to see that you're back and that your crew is doing great and looking good!
    Last edited by Roxyluvsme13; 12-07-2011 at 05:42 PM.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Welcome back, Ashley!!! It's good to 'see' you and the pups again! Everyone looks great and as cute as ever! Kwik is too cute I love her! I really like the 'K' theme with them, too cool! Hope all is well with you and hope to see you around here more often!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Thanks guys It's good to be back! We've missed you all!

Good to see you back! Your new addition is sooo adorable! Love her big ears! All your pups are so beautiful!

So what are the differences between the Belgian Malanois. I notice some of them are more heavy set, some more furry, than your pups. Is it working lines or out of different countries or?

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Kwik is too cute! Congrats. Great looking gang you have
    Ruled by:

The GSDS: Addaxx and Fenyxx
    The Poodle thing: Frodo
    The Chihuahua: Stark

Quote Originally Posted by dab_20 View Post
    So what are the differences between the Belgian Malanois. I notice some of them are more heavy set, some more furry, than your pups. Is it working lines or out of different countries or?
    Good question! Well generally show Mals have a thicker, fluffier coat and have a thicker frame. This is typical of a Malinois from show lines:

I've most often seen working line Mals with sleeker coats and thinner, more agile looking bodies. But it does vary with working Mals too. I've seen some really solid built dogs from working lines. Temperament differences are night and day too. Keeva is half American show/half working line. She is drivey at agility and on sheep. But she has an off switch at home and is just like any other family pet. Kwik is 100% Czech working lines. She has no off switch and lives to work. Her drive is a challenge because she doesn't always hear me once she is working. I taught obedience classes for years and fostered for Border Collie rescue.. She is unlike any dog I've ever met