Thread: I need advice please

I need advice please

I had two babies for about 10 and 11 years . Lucy passed suddenly over a year ago and I said I would not replace her but Snickers seems so lonely but I feel if I adopt another kitty I am taking away from Snickers attention and I would never do that. But I do work a lot and I feel horrible she is alone so if she had a friend I would not feel so guilty !!!!!! What should I do get her a friend or no ? She has never had behavior issues until the last few months while I am asleep she chews on my hair from the root and now it looks like I let a butcher cut my hair maybe lonely ?

I do think getting another kitty might be a good idea, as long as you are careful introducing them, and Snickers agrees ...
    I've Been Frosted

You can find an adult cat at a shelter. They can tell you if the cat gets along with other cats, or not.

I think a kitten may be too much for a 10 year old.

There are SO many senior cats in shelters who don't have a chance at adoption. People want kittens. Please, adopt a senior! You won't regret it.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I was considering an older kitty since it wouldnt be too much activity around her anyway . I do not age discriminate

Okay, great! It's amazing that some people consider a 3-year-old cat "too old" when properly cared for, many cats live well into their teens!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    You can find an adult cat at a shelter. They can tell you if the cat gets along with other cats, or not.

I think a kitten may be too much for a 10 year old.
    This is a very good idea and I totally agree with you.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

Your kitty Autumn looks just like my baby Lucy who passed if I can get a pic of her I will show you . T The vet said that breed is very agressive and also recommended I give her a 1/4 of bendryl before we came in which I never ever did. She was so sweet to me just hated the rest of the world , I usually explained she was like a teen aged girl hates anyone near her rofl rofl rofl

I would look at the Cats at the shelter and see if there is an Older Cat who is mellow, and could adapt to the fact that Snickers may not take to him right off.
    I have never had a problem, although Josephine of Many Nmaes is skittish about the Older Cats . and Malcom and Tubster Panther have growling matches its nothing seious.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Ok so ive been looking all day on petfinder for an adult/senior kitty and I never noticed some very inappropriate things until now like most of the ones in my area are pet stores and 2. I even emailed the company I am pretty upset about all the kittys from one shelter are all being declawed. Well I do not like that at all. So my new baby will have to come from the humane society only