Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a few photos from this morning

Just a few photos from this morning

I promised my sisters back in the Faroe Islands to take some pictures around the apartment where I live (just moved here, from NY, 3 or 4 months ago) and I finally got myself together and did that this morning. Of course I also took the opportunity to snap some photos of Taggart and I figured I'd share them here

Just sitting in the sun... There is not much of a Christmas feeling around here, at least not for me. I'm used to snow in December! hehe

Under one of the big trees

By the fountain in the "backyard". The picture is kinda blurry but I love how adorable he looks licking his nose

You can tell he's not too comfortable being close to the water. He's a total wuss when it comes to water.

My handsome Taggy-boy

Looking dashing in sky blue.

I actually purposefully "dress" him in blue in hopes of giving people a hint that he is not a she. For some reason everyone seems to think he's a girl!

heh, I don't honestly mind though, I think it's quite funny. He is quite dainty looking and fluffy and I suppose that just translates as feminine.

Waiting by the door

"Heyyy mom! Where do you think you're going without me??!

Oh what a sweet boy he is. I love the first pic. Just want to hug him. He looks so soft.

He's a very pretty dog. I don't think he'd mind that we think he's pretty. And you live in a beautiful place. I had warm Florida Decembers for the longest. I'm so happy here in Iowa in the cold. Give that cutie some snuggles from me.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Umm, excuse me!! But you are my neighbor!!! I didn't know you moved to Walnut Creek. I live in Concord! OMG, we must get our Taggart's together some time!!

Great pictures too!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I think it's the ear feathers and pretty floofy tail that make people think he's a she! But we know better, don't we, Taggart!
    I've Been Frosted

I was thinking, "looks so SOFT" too. Hi Taggart!

Oooh, that would be great if you 2 could get together!!

Great pictures! What a cute boy!

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Umm, excuse me!! But you are my neighbor!!! I didn't know you moved to Walnut Creek. I live in Concord! OMG, we must get our Taggart's together some time!!

Great pictures too!
    Really? That's awesome!! What are the odds of the two PT Taggarts ending up so close to each other? And yes, we'd definitely be up for a meeting. We don't have a car though and dogs his size can't go on the bus or BART but we do live within walking distance to Heather Farm Dog Park.

And thanks everyone for the nice compliments. He is very soft! Especially the fluff behind the ears

Hi, Taggart in sunny California! You look very fluffy and soft Handsome, too! (((HUGS)))
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by Varga View Post
    Really? That's awesome!! What are the odds of the two PT Taggarts ending up so close to each other? And yes, we'd definitely be up for a meeting. We don't have a car though and dogs his size can't go on the bus or BART but we do live within walking distance to Heather Farm Dog Park.

And thanks everyone for the nice compliments. He is very soft! Especially the fluff behind the ears
    Perfect! Heather Farms is like 10 minutes away. Have you been to ARF yet? If you're close to Heather Farms you may not be too far away from ARF. You can go to arf.net. They are on Mitchell Drive off Oak Grove Rd, right across from the KinderCare. Oh, maybe you don't want to go there. You might just have to get another pet. hee hee

So when the weather gets better and I'm not so super busy with the holidays we will definitely get together. I think it is GREAT that two PT Taggarts can visit each other.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Taggart is such a cutie! The blue won't do you much good, helping people to guess he's a he. I once bought my RB Lacey a hot pink collar and still people called her a him.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Perfect! Heather Farms is like 10 minutes away. Have you been to ARF yet? If you're close to Heather Farms you may not be too far away from ARF. You can go to arf.net. They are on Mitchell Drive off Oak Grove Rd, right across from the KinderCare. Oh, maybe you don't want to go there. You might just have to get another pet. hee hee

So when the weather gets better and I'm not so super busy with the holidays we will definitely get together. I think it is GREAT that two PT Taggarts can visit each other.

Yep, I've been to ARF But not to look for a new addition. I want to be more settled, location wise, before having any more pets. Staying here in California is not going to be more than 2 years.

But yeah, I went there for a volunteer orientation not too long ago since I wanted to start doing some volunteering. I can't do paid work here in the U.S (only my husband has a work permit) so volunteering would be great for me to get out of the apartment.

I don't think I'll work directly with the animals (even though I'd love to!) since they seem to have plenty of help for that at the moment. Maybe later though. Their thrift store apparently needs volunteers badly however, so I'm going to focus on getting started there first and see how I'll like that. The profits from the thrift store go directly to the shelter so even if I wouldn't be in direct contact with animals that is still a good way to help them out. And I must admit I personally have always had an affinity for thrift stores

He is so cute! I agree, he looks so soft and very huggable! I am also in the Bay Area, I don't really ever pay attention to where everyone is located, but that's too funny!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Quote Originally Posted by Varga View Post
    Yep, I've been to ARF But not to look for a new addition. I want to be more settled, location wise, before having any more pets. Staying here in California is not going to be more than 2 years.

But yeah, I went there for a volunteer orientation not too long ago since I wanted to start doing some volunteering. I can't do paid work here in the U.S (only my husband has a work permit) so volunteering would be great for me to get out of the apartment.

I don't think I'll work directly with the animals (even though I'd love to!) since they seem to have plenty of help for that at the moment. Maybe later though. Their thrift store apparently needs volunteers badly however, so I'm going to focus on getting started there first and see how I'll like that. The profits from the thrift store go directly to the shelter so even if I wouldn't be in direct contact with animals that is still a good way to help them out. And I must admit I personally have always had an affinity for thrift stores
    You know, I've never been to the thrift store. I was working in the boutique there on site for the past 3 years. But I am now going to change my position and work in the adoptions area. My goal is to become an adoption counselor, but that will take some years. They might even be looking for people in the boutique store. Because I know several people recently stopped working in there. It's fun because you get to see the dogs when they are adopted and help the people find the right collar, leash and toys for their new pet.