Thread: CHECK THIS out, can you help animals in Romania

CHECK THIS out, can you help animals in Romania

I found this on facebook, and even though i do help my local SPCA and do as best i can, i just feel i have to help these people, they need it more than we do here, they are doing a fantastic job, all it takes is $20.00 american dollars, if you have that to spare please help,I know we have to help our own first, but i feel so drawn to these people who are doing the best they can in such difficult circumstances, just check out their dogs, they have a particular sadness in their faces, it breaks your heart.

The Nature Association" - Romania's Number One Animal Shelter this is the Facebook page to check it out.

you can email them on [email protected] to ask questions etc if you wish,feel free to say carole from NZ sent you, they take pay pal, personal cheques, and probably credit cards, not sure on that one.

I am going to send them enough to spay one animal,it is not much ,but every little bit helps,if you can that would be fantastic.

Take a look and see what you think, THANK YOU.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

????

what?

Im sorry what do you mean what?please explain what you don't understand and i will help if i can,I thought my post was self explanatory, but if not that is ok, more than happy to answer anything you want to know if i can that is
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

No FB

I didn't notice a link to anything and when I tried the email, there was a request attached to the activity.

I would be very careful with anything coming in or out of Romania.

Where is the link to the Facebook Page?

Oh ok, there is no link to the email, i just gave it for anyone who wants to send them one and make an enquiry,

i dont know how to post a link to facebook, i figured if you copied and paste it on your facebook it will come up with it.

You think it might be dodgy then, oh dear, i never thought of that, seems genuine enough, now i am scared to send it, i said i would, and i always do what i say,a personal cheque should be ok though,they have pics of dogs on their site and vets doing the spaying, surely it must be legit.

Now i am not sure what i should do, i just took it all at face value,be such a shame not to help if it is legit.

I would hate to get people in a scam if that was the case, it just tore at my heart strings so much, please check out their facebook and see what you think,and let me know ok.

p.s I did not get a request attached to the email address myself,what kind of request was it?
    Furangels only lent.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/nature.a...omania?sk=wall

Here is the link. It does look legit. I would be very careful about how you send the money. Paypal would probably be the best bet. They will convert it for you too.

I will go back and look a little more closely and see if I can feel comfortable to donate as well. Right now though, I think I will hold off. I don't want any accounts of mine going into Romania. They have a horrible reputation for scams.

hey many thanks for that, i was just going to send a personal cheque, i dont have pay pal, yes looks legit, oh dear now i feel bad thinking i may have posted a scam, i am sure it is't but we really have no way of telling, please DONT donate if you feel uncomfortable doing so.

That is the trouble with overseas places like romania,hard to trust them.

I asked them on facebook and this was their response.

Don't worry Carole, we encounter this problem all the time when we ask for donations. It's true, there are a very large number of scams going on in Romania, and it makes life very difficult for the few organizations like ours who are really doing honest work. We're a registered Romanian charity, fiscal number 14920956. Also, all the work and updates we put into this page should be plenty of evidence of our legitimacy. Especially all our photo updates - we didn't set up a huge dog shelter and go out and rescue dozens of dogs just to make a facebook page to take people's money! Most scams you see will just ask for donations and provide no further info; we on the other hand do our best to put up as much information as possible, and are completely open about everything we do. If you need any more information, photos, or anything at all, please just ask and we will be more than happy to provide it!

This is also a link for donations,PLEASE if you DONT feel comfortable doing so, then that is ok

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...XU&h=lAQGWkSVL

THIS IS MORE OF THE CONVERSATION THEY HAD WITH ME .

Please don't worry at all, you are certainly not the first to raise this issue, and it's a legitimate one. We are extremely frustrated by the situation in this country - there is far too much corruption, and like you said we miss out on valuable help because of the air of distrust here. We created our "Life at the Shelter" album partly to give people a visual sense of our shelter, but equally as much to help prove our legitimacy. Hopefully anyone who sees our photos can tell that there is no doubt that we truly exist and are putting our hearts and souls into this effort. It's something you could share with others who have questions: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0792593&type=3 . Also, we will always answer any comment on this site, or by email at [email protected]. Like I said, if someone ever needs more information, we will not hesitate to provide it. Thanks again for your concern, and for sharing our page!

Hope this all helps.
    Last edited by carole; 12-01-2011 at 05:23 PM.
    Furangels only lent.