Thread: Fluff Videos

Fluff Videos

I think I may have mentioned, Marlin has aged quite a bit. What with his hip dysplasia, severe arthritis all along his spine, and doggie dementia . . . he is not able to do much. For a few weeks while it is still nice weather, Dad has come along to Bridgham Farm with me, so I can make ONE trip and take all 5 pups. He sits with Marlin while I walk the other 4. Then I take Marlin for a short walk.

This works well as it --
    - saves me time (I did a few times make TWO trips, one with 4 fluffs, one with Marlin)
    - ensures Dad gets out
    - ensures Marlin gets out. When we didn't all go, often I'd just walk Marlin around the block, which we both found quite boring. This way, Marlin is up on his feet for a good hour, and moving about, finding interesting scents to keep his mind going, and then moving on the walk at the end.

A few stills of Dad and Marlin (Dad has a blanket as it is getting cool, not sure how much longer we can do this). Its a bit of work, getting 5 fluffs in harness, loading Dad a chair, blanket, and the newspaper, getting Dad ready and in the car, and then setting it all up at the Farm, not to mention the break down and return home after. But so worth it as Marlin has a great time.

And some vids.

This is when we initially arrive (Marlin and Sugar)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idYmX9zZp8E

This is Marlin, walking. You can see he has just one very S L O W pace.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5syZLVnbLtc

Marlin also has "reverse," though he can only take 3 steps or so and then the rump goes down. Since the front legs are still moving back, he ends up tilting to the side and lying down.

This is Tasha, she is always VERY EXCITED when we get to start our "farm walkies." You will also see Willy doing his 4 - legged scratch, he heee.

http://youtu.be/W__kmVpA7wM

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Thanks for posting, Sandie. I always love seeing pics of my Marlin Darlin! Poor little guy is getting so feeble, but I can identify! I move like that when I first get up in the morning, or if I've been sitting for a while.

So glad to see that Dad can get out and enjoy the farm too. Bet he really enjoys that as much as The Fluffs do.

Hugs and smooches and belly rubs to all The Fluffs.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Poor sweet Marlin . Give him a hug for me!

I'm glad he and your dad are able to get out and enjoy time with the family.

I love Tasha's zoomies and Willy's scratch!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Oh my goodness, Tasha! You look excited to be going for walkies on a lovely fall day! And Marlin Darlin, I'm with Pomtzu ... that's how I walk after extended sitting or first thing in the morning. You got outside for your farm visit with your mum and granddad, at your pace!

What a lot of work to organize everyone, Sandie! Thank you for sharing the photos and videos! Hugs and smooches (some for the clowder of kitties too )!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I enjoyed all the videos and listening to your Yankee accent (laugh). Poor ole Marlin keeps trying, doesnt he? All your dogs are just precious. Kay in NC

Thanks for sharing! Put a big smile on my face!

Marlin says thanks to all!

Bri, you may not find Willy's scratch so funny if you were trying to maintain a back yard lawn, ha ha haaa.

Kay, that is one of the great things about vids, we get to hear one another!

Elyse, Tasha is just such a happy girl, she loves life to the fullest ALL the time! lol

Blog Entries
    The fresh air out in the country is good for everyone. I bet everyone slept good that night. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Bri, you may not find Willy's scratch so funny if you were trying to maintain a back yard lawn, ha ha haaa.
    Ha ha, I can relate to this, Jake has made quite a mess doing this in the yard and turning it to mud.
    Great to see Marlin and your dad can be part of the fun at the farm! Looks like the fluffs really enjoy the day out!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Aww, how sweet they are! Marlin sure enjoys the outside trips, too, in spite of his hip dysplasia and arthritis. Tasha is so exited - what fun she's having. Your dad is having a great time, too, I'm sure.

You're such a good doggie mom - and daughter.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I really enjoyed the videos of the fluffs. It's so nice that you are
    able to take everyone out to enjoy the weather. It must be a lot of work
    getting it all together, but they all seem to love it.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Marlin is such a sweetie! He's still game to try the walk - gotta give him a lot of credit for that. Love those fluffies!!