Thread: Cannot display "Cat of the Day"

Cannot display "Cat of the Day"

Recently, I have not been able to connect to the Cat of the Day webpage. Not sure if the problem is on my end or the webpage. But I have seen that people are making comments about the day's Cat. I get to the Dog and Pet of the Day pages just fine. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Have you tried clearing your cache and reloading?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Have you tried clearing your cache and reloading?
    thanks, Karen - but this is an action I have never done. I went to the Explorer Help - but it would not accept my efforts to "flushdns" - What might I be missing? Do I need to shut down explorer before I do the clearing? Nancy

Worked on it a little more and figured out what I needed to do - run prompt as administrator. Successful "flush" but still no cat of the Day. May have to check in with the Geek Squad!!! B&L

From a Microsoft help page:

You: How do you clean out the cache in IE

Virtual agent: You can use the following steps to clear your temporary files, cookies, browsing history, or other personal information in Internet Explorer:

Click Safety from the Command bar.
    Select Delete Browsing History from the menu.
    On the pop-up page, select the check boxes next to the items you wish to remove.
    Click Delete to clear your personal information.

In Internet Explorer 9, the Command bar is hidden by default. You can enable the Command bar by pressing the ALT key and then click View -> Toolbars -> Command Bar.

If you have problems deleting history in Internet Explorer, click Tools –> Internet Options –> Content tab –> AutoComplete and uncheck the Use Windows Search for better results box.

If the problem remains or if you have problems saving history in Internet Explorer, you can visit the Microsoft Answers Community, where Microsoft MVPs will address your specific issues and make further investigations.
    I've Been Frosted

What exactly shows up on the page when you click COTD? Perhaps it is just the browser you are using. I use FireFox rather then internet explorer and have never had an issue.

You might want to check your security settings. It might have become blocked. I've had seemingly harmless websites change settings on my computer when I didn't buy something from them. That's why I don't surf much anymore.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

It's Back!!!

Greetings, all - thanks for the suggestions. I opened up my web browser today and went to Pet of the DAy and, voila, there was today's Cat of the Day showing . Great of have the little furry friends back!! B&L