Thread: Sandy - Needs a home *Update back from the vets...not good*

Sandy - Needs a home *Update back from the vets...not good*

Here is the thread I posted in Cat Rescue of Sandy:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=170739

*UPDATE & URGENT! Sandy Needs A New Home ASAP! Our one cat is very sick and needs our attention and care and Sandy must go to another home! She isn't good with other cats so we can't keep her or we would. We don't want to give her back to her original owner because she will get euthanized but it may come down to that if we can't find Sandy a forever home.* Sandy is a 19 year old cat that needs a forever home ASAP! She is a super friendly and sweet female cat. She's deaf but sweetheart. She has been combo tested and she's negative. She has lived with a dog in the past and did well with that. Sandy would do better as an only cat. Sandy is declawed in the front. She just needs a small bedroom maybe with a window. She is very affectionate. Sandy was going to be euthanized this past week but we took her in and we've had a few people interested but sadly no one has come through. If you are interested in adopting Sandy please e-mail me at [email protected]
    Last edited by Anikaca77; 12-10-2011 at 08:23 PM.

We are praying for Sandy to find her New FurrEver Home!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I hope you will find a forever loving home for Sandy. This is so sad and I pray someone will take her from you.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

http://newringgold.chipin.com/sandy

Someone on Facebook mentioned for me to start a chipin page for her costs and get her blood work done just so we know she is okay. I do love her but if she would just do well with my cats then I wouldn't have to put her in a cage. She comes out when she wants to, she doesn't have to stay in there but our sick cat is taking up our bathroom right now and he'll be in there a long time I think right now he isn't drinking water so we are very worried about him and are looking at getting his blood work done.

I can't find anywhere that mentions where Sandy is located. Did I miss it?

Snakemama,

I think she's located in Pennsylvania.

I feel like I've failed Sandy. I wanted so badly to take her. But 9 cats in a two room studio is pushing my luck with my other furbabies. I've sent out emails of Sandy's situation but have had no replies.

I'm so sorry Melissa. My intentions were sincere. Honest.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Yes she's located in Centre Co, PA.

Donna-

Don't feel like you failed her. She is doing well so far. We keep letting her out when she wants to come out it's just I want to get her bloodwork done soon and probably a urine test too. Once I raise the funds for her I'll take her in. I started a chipin page as you will see on this thread so hopefully we'll get enough to get her vitals checked and all that good stuff.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    Snakemama,

I think she's located in Pennsylvania.

I feel like I've failed Sandy. I wanted so badly to take her. But 9 cats in a two room studio is pushing my luck with my other furbabies. I've sent out emails of Sandy's situation but have had no replies.

I'm so sorry Melissa. My intentions were sincere. Honest.

I've started a chipin page for Sandy because I don't think I can return her to get euthanized. Just don't have the heart to do it. So I've scheduled a vet appt. for this Thursday to have her bloodwork checked out and her urine tested.

So far I've raised $85 and need another $70 for part of the bloodwork and urine test and exam.

Here is her chipin page

http://newringgold.chipin.com/mypage...f3941a8b73c2f6

Thanks!
    Melissa

Bless you!!! If finances weren't so tight right now, I'd gladly chip in. If I should come across any extra money, it's going to Sandy's fund!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Quote Originally Posted by katladyd View Post
    Bless you!!! If finances weren't so tight right now, I'd gladly chip in. If I should come across any extra money, it's going to Sandy's fund!
    Thank you so much. Even prays are good for Sandy. She has started to pee outside her box so I'm going through towels and old shirts like crazy so tonight it's laundry night with lots of clorox to get that pee smell out. I'm hoping it's just a simple bladder infection and hopefully the correct meds will help her.

Also, I forgot to mention that last night I received 2 donations which put us right over $155 so I'm super excited! I'm on the vets cancellation list and hopefully she can get in sooner than Thursday but if not she'll go then.

Thanks!!

Great work, as always, Melissa.

I can only afford advice. You might want to use a cup of vinegar in the rinse rather than bleach. I wash towels and blankets that have been pooped and pee'd on all the time, and hate the smell of bleach, so I've found this works and the advice came from a cat sanctuary. I double wash on warm to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
    Great work, as always, Melissa.

I can only afford advice. You might want to use a cup of vinegar in the rinse rather than bleach. I wash towels and blankets that have been pooped and pee'd on all the time, and hate the smell of bleach, so I've found this works and the advice came from a cat sanctuary. I double wash on warm to be sure.
    Great advice! Thanks, I'll be doing loads and loads tonight. Yeah! Can't wait oh well she's worth it!
    Melissa

Sandy was taken to the vets on 12/8/11 because we wanted to have her bloodwork done before we adopt her out. It's with great sadness that I have to type this...Sandy is in Chronic Renal Failure. It has been going on for a while the vet said. We will try to give her a special diet and see how she feels about that. We are very grateful for the donations we did receive to get Sandy to the vets. We are going to leave up her chipin page because we will need funds to keep her comfortable for as long as we can till the end.

We said we'd try to find her a forever home and we've been trying. We've had a few people interested but sadly they all backed out. Sandy will continue to live the rest of her life with us and our cats even though she doesn't like other cats, she's tolarting them. Sandy just loves a warm lap to lay on and just to be held. We will continue to hold her and love her until it is time to say goodbye.

God bless you, Melissa.

And Sandy, too.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery