Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Fans???

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
    Gotta revive this thread, since I don't see an MLB one for this year yet... last year was such an amazing season for the Cards, and winning the world series... the whole playoffs for them was A-MA-ZING. Talk about baseball!

Not sad to see Pujols go. He can take his ego elsewhere Granted, I did meet him at my previous job when I worked at a specialty practice, we did surgery on one of his GDS pups Honey. He was a really cool person; his wife, on the other hand... total female dog!!! So I have a feeling his "decision" was mainly his wife's doing and not so much his own... But he isn't doing so hot this year, so jokes on them I guess!

I think Matheny is doing an excellent job this year.... but, he does have an incredible team of players working for him so it isn't like he has to do much

I don't expect we'll go to the WS again this year, but gotta be proud of the fact that we are the #2 team in most WS won (behind the Yankees of course with 27!!) and also tied for #2 of most WS appearances (18!). LOVE the Cards!!!!!
    I've been a Cards fan for over 40 years, have gone a few managers but La Russa was my favorite and I hated to see him go. If we didn't have so many injuries this season we would probably still be in 1st place. I'm not sure about Matheny yet, this is his first time managing so he has a lot to learn. Hey Mike, just call Tony when you need some help GO CARDS!!!

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    In a way, it's a good thing that Pam is no longer around. Her poor Phillies - I can only imagine the flack she would be getting here. Even I, with my limited following of the team, can't believe how miserable they are performing this year!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by redbird View Post
    I've been a Cards fan for over 40 years, have gone a few managers but La Russa was my favorite and I hated to see him go. If we didn't have so many injuries this season we would probably still be in 1st place. I'm not sure about Matheny yet, this is his first time managing so he has a lot to learn. Hey Mike, just call Tony when you need some help GO CARDS!!!

Just saw Tony at ARF (www.arf.net) yesterday. He was there for several hours. I think it's cool when he's there and people coming in to adopt get to see him.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Just saw Tony at ARF (www.arf.net) yesterday. He was there for several hours. I think it's cool when he's there and people coming in to adopt get to see him.
    I would love to have seen him. I hope he is friendly toward the people, I love the fact that he loves animals so much, made me love him more.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

I have so much respect for LaRussa, and not because he is an animal lover either. The man is a legend!

I've met Matheny before actually (and Pujols... he's cool, but his wife is cra-aaa-zyyy): he owned the land that my previous job was located at so he'd come in and do yardwork/maintenance... really down-to-earth guy. I have faith in him; sure, I didn't/don't expect another playoffs/WS visit this year, but we can also agree that we really aren't doing TOO bad, either. We were cursed with injuries last year, and the curse is continuing this year too it seems... so glad to have Skip back tonight though!!!!

facebook

Go buccos!!

I'm a loyal fan of my Pittsburgh Pirates. We're in 2nd place right now and now have a three game winning streak going. With players like Andy McCutheon and Pedro Alverez, we have a good chance to go all the way. Raise the Jolly Roger!

So any other Red Sox fans surprised they haven't fired Valentine as manager yet? I am, I mean the team cannot even stay above 500, and it's not like anything catastrophic has happened, no huge spate of injuries more than usual or anything ...
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    And as the Phillies still sit in the cellar, they signed Cole Hamels to a 6 year $144 million contract. I sure hope the Phillies get their money's worth out of him, but he single handedly isn't going to bring the team up to snuff!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I friggin cannot stand the Yankees, but I think that picking up Ichiro and giving him a chance to get to the WS is a good thing.

Go Dodgers and why did they have to get rid of baseball/softball in the Olympics?

Oh, that's right....we kick arse in both..
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Why the heck is Valentine still employed? Anybody? I am a diehard Red Sox fan, but a casual one by any standards, and I could have likely done a heck of a better job tonight - and in fact I think just about anyone could have!
    I've Been Frosted

Luccino (IMO) is looking for an excuse to blow up the team, reduce payroll, and put "his" guys in place. I'm willing to bet that Beckett, Matsuzaka, Crawford, Ellsbury and possibly even Pedroia are gone after this year.

Valentine is a one year manager.

When the team hits the field next April, I'm willing to bet you won't be able to tell the players without a scorecard.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Luccino (IMO) is looking for an excuse to blow up the team, reduce payroll, and put "his" guys in place. I'm willing to bet that Beckett, Matsuzaka, Crawford, Ellsbury and possibly even Pedroia are gone after this year.

Valentine is a one year manager.

When the team hits the field next April, I'm willing to bet you won't be able to tell the players without a scorecard.
    If he does that, he's gonna have an awful lot more annoyed (to put it mildly) fans ...
    I've Been Frosted

I don't think team ownership cares.

After all, look at the attendance history of the Red Sox. Even when the team was abysmal the stadium was filled. I think Luccino is going to go down the same path that the Bruins went down.....as long as there are butts in the seats, who cares whether they win or not? It only took the Bruins ownership 10-15 years to figure out that that wans't a good long term option.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Is it bad that I sometimes don't even bother to check the score of the game the next day when it's a West Coast game that ends in the wee hours of the morning here, just check the standings to see "x losses (in a row)" and see how far back they are in the standings? And you know, this year I have not even heard any "wait 'til next year," which has been the perennial cry of Red Sox fans for as long as I can remember! I don't think anyone has a clue who or what the team will look like next year enough to pin any hopes on it - and for Red Sox fans, that's saying a LOT!

Sigh.
    I've Been Frosted

Now that the Red Sox are hopelessly out of the running, I will root for the Orioles! A classic T-shirt around these parts is "My Favorite MLB Baseball Teams ... #1 Red Sox, #2 Anyone who will beat the Yankees!"

It's bad when the biggest "news" the team is making right now is due to a stupid, but hardly even worth mentioning, quote the manager made on talk radio. Sigh.

Go Orioles!
    I've Been Frosted