Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Fans???

Re: Chipper Jones' retiring...

There's a bar in downtown Atlanta that a lot of the Braves players frequent, and in honor of Chipper's retirement they are renaming the bar to "Chipper's Bar and Music Hall", and MY BOYFRIEND gets to design the bar's new logo!! So proud of him

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
    Re: Chipper Jones' retiring...

There's a bar in downtown Atlanta that a lot of the Braves players frequent, and in honor of Chipper's retirement they are renaming the bar to something in his name (can't remember exactly what it is...) and MY BOYFRIEND gets to design the bar's new logo!! So proud of him
    How fun! You'll have to post a picture when it's done!
    I've Been Frosted

I heard on the news about Brandon McCarthy, who pitches for the Oakland A's but used to pitch for the White Sox in 2005 and 2006. He was struck in the head by a batted ball, which caused a skull fracture and bleeding inside his head. From what they said, it sounded like they didn't think he was hurt that badly at first; but then it became more apparent that something was wrong. He needed surgery to take the pressure off his brain. That is scary. I hope he comes through with flying colors.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    How fun! You'll have to post a picture when it's done!
    You quoted me too fast before I could edit it with the new name lol! Since we live in St. Louis I'm not sure we'll be able to get a pic but maybe they'll post something on facebook! It's always neat seeing his artwork popping up on facebook (he does a lot of work for bands and music festivals, did work for the St. Louis Blues last season and had stuff up on Billboards around StL, etc) so I'll see if I can find something when it's done

facebook

Here's their facebook page, where they've already uploaded his logo as their profile pic!

http://www.facebook.com/PeachtreeTavernAtlanta

And here's information on the event, for anyone in the Atlanta area that may be interested:

http://bizwire.net/peachtreetavern/2...nd-music-hall/

facebook

Miguel Cabrera

.330 - 44 - 139

First in 45 years

Big Congratulations to Mr. Cabrera!

And thank goodness this dismal season for the Red Sox is over, although I am sure the drama will continue!
    I've Been Frosted

Ohhhhh, Cubbies. All those big changes at the top, and the outcome was pretty much the same in the end.

And White Sox ... you hung on until the very end. It was a nail-biter September for sure!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Congratulations to Miguel Cabrera, winning the batting Triple Crown for the first time since the Red Sox's own Carl Yastrzemski (sp!)
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Gotta revive this thread, since I don't see an MLB one for this year yet... last year was such an amazing season for the Cards, and winning the world series... the whole playoffs for them was A-MA-ZING. Talk about baseball!
    !
    Well the Cards are still in it so far. We got the Wild Card and play Atlanta Friday night. As you know, it's a must win game for us, Go Cards, let's get to the NLDS.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

Seeing as my beleaguered Red Sox are out (thank goodness) for the season, I will root for your red birdies!
    I've Been Frosted

Surprise, Surprise

Bobby V is out.

I are shocked.

The search should be simple. Call Terry Francona and ask what it would take to get him back.

/end search.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

the braves got jobbed.

I wonder if that was a replacement umpire.

Thanks Chipper.

Everyone keeps blaming the "bad call" for the Braves' loss. Even without the "bad call", they had plenty of opportunities to recover and tie (or win) the game... but didn't. They had errors left and right. But fact is the Cardinals just played a better game tonight.

In the future though if they're going to have a wild card playoff they really should make it the best of 3 games.

(Not saying that's what you're saying, Richard, just making a comment in general. I get it that people are upset that they lost, but they did not lose due to one ump's bad call).

facebook

Everyone keeps blaming the "bad call" for the Braves' loss. Even without the "bad call", they had plenty of opportunities to recover and tie (or win) the game... but didn't. They had errors left and right. But fact is the Cardinals just played a better game tonight.

In the future though if they're going to have a wild card playoff they really should make it the best of 3 games.

(Not saying that's what you're saying, Richard, just making a comment in general. I get it that people are upset that they lost, but they did not lose due to one ump's bad call).
    The bad call wasn't the sole cause for the loss, however, the MLB appeals process is a joke.

Frankly, the additional wild card team is a bad idea, because if there's anything more than a 1 game playoff for the wild card teams, you're going to wind up with baseball in december, and NO playoff series should be a single game.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.