Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Baseball Fans???

Ozzie Guillen was dismissed by the Florida Marlins after only one season as their manager. I don't think their record was as bad as the Cubs' was. There's always next year :-|
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by redbird View Post
    It's unfortunate that the Cards didn't make it this year but am still happy we made it as far as we did with Mike Matheny the rookie manager. We are always in the middle of things, our team is great. Go Cards in 2013. Congrats to the Tigers and Giants for making it to the WS. Don't know who I'm rooting for yet, I like both managers and just love Verlander.
    I'm the type of person who doesn't really watch post-season unless my team makes it.. granted, I've never quite been into baseball as I have the past few years so maybe I'll keep an eye on the season.

Honestly, everyone kept hoping for a miracle to save the Cardinals. Bottom line is, there was never a miracle, the Cardinals always saved themselves because they had that determination to win. But I have NEVER seen the team's morale just deflate the way I saw it the last three games they played against the Giants. It was like they just gave up. Rolled over and handed it to them. It was pathetic and embarrassing, not only for them, but for me!! Any time a player went up to bat you could juts tell they were thinking "lets get this over with...".

I have many a Braves fan friends who immediately started rubbing it in my face when they lost game 7, and mind you, I am never the type of person to rub victories in others' faces (so never understood why people felt the need to do it to me... but whatever).

Disappointing end to a season, but if you think about it we were never supposed to make it this far, either. There's always next season

facebook

There was a World Series game tonight and I missed it completely! I thought game 4 was tomorrow.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

WOO HOO!! Giants did it again!! And I can't believe they swept the Tigers!
    It's going to be a very happy Halloween in San Francisco.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I bet there's are a lot of chortling going on in New York now..

Sad ending for our Tigers, but still.. Bless You, Boys for the fine, exciting season!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I don't feel as bad now, losing to the Giants who swept the Tigers in the WS... at least we weren't swept and at least we didn't lose to a team that got swept!

facebook