Thread: Golden Retrievers

Golden Retrievers

I am really looking into getting a Golden Retriever puppy! Can any of you please give me some website, and information to help me?? Thanks!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Here's Yahoo's results of Golden Retriever rescues. I'm not sure where you live so I can't narrow it down any.

http://dir.yahoo.com/Science/Biology...Organizations/
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Hey *LabLoverKeb*- this is a neat little test you can take to see if you are "Golden Retriever Ownerable (if that even makes sence-LOL)
    http://aolsvc.decisionguides.aol.com...ide.jsp?page=1

Let's see a other sorta helpful page:

http://aolsvc.petplace.aol.com/artic...d=2529&cb=aols

yea, those are the only two ok pages I could find. FYI: Golden Retrievers are the 2nd most popualr breed, which I'm sure you already knew, isn't that cool!
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

What a great choice!!

Speaking of Goldens, on Sunday, we went out to lunch at a small restaurant that was *very* crowded. There was a lady standing in line waiting for a very long time. We wondered why people who came in after her got seated first, and then it became apparent. She was waiting for a "window" seat, because they were leaving their golden outside while they ate. What a beautiful girl. I fell in love, I could have pet her for hours. After that, we took a short walk because the weather was so beautiful. We walked by this house & the people were working on the roof. Their golden just lay at the foot of the ladder waiting for them to come down. She was so calm & beautiful. She ran right up to us, and sat waiting for us to pet her. I am thinking (don't tell Mark!) that maybe when Malone gets a little older & more manageable that it would be awesome to get him a fur-sister Golden. They are the most beautiful and calm breed. I love them!!

We're getting a cairn terrier in the spring, but for a few minutes on Sunday, I was seriously swaying in the direction of a golden. I went to Pet Smart to do some browsing and the woman that teaches puppy obedience class there had brought in her 6 year old golden "Misty"...well I just couldn't keep away from her! She was gentle and well behaved...she stared straight ahead while I pet her while occassionally glancing up at her owner as if to say "Is it OK that she's petting me?" LOL! I had tears in my eyes..such a perfect, clean beautiful, gentle dog! I hated to leaver her!!

I have had 3 goldens and they are great dogs. I have found my males to be more of a follower. They stay very close and won't let you out of their sight. My female tended to be more stubborn and definitely had a mind of her own.

Here's a hilarious article about owning Golden Retrievers. You already know, Sarah, that I think they are "tops"!!!!

Golden Retrievers

Thank you so much, everyone! I think I'm going to name him Tahoe! Because I LOVE Lake Tahoe! Thanks again!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Here's one about these great people who rescue GRs I have no idea what it has to do with this but I just wanted to show ya:
    KeyStone Golden Retriever Rescue

So now here is a search result menu that I give to lots of people so you can browse around pages of links having to do with your topic.

Getting A Golden Retriever
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

I have a 14 mos old Golden and she AIN'T calm!!!
    I can't wait until she does in a year or 2.
    Those are NOT the words I would use to describe her!!
    But she is a joy to me.
    One of my-not-too-smart-where-it-come to dogs friends, said "I wanna get a lab, they are so calm and nice" I said "Are you nuts? They are just like Goldens until they are 2-3 years old" Great dogs but you gotta wait for em!!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..