Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honey is BAD!!!!

Honey is BAD!!!!

Well, I told Butter's story on Cat General, and now it's Honey's turn. We moved last week, and I boarded Lilly and Honey to avoid the stress on them and me. I picked them up on Friday afternoon, brought them to their new home, and Honey refused to walk through the garage to come inside! LOL!!! She just put on her brakes and wouldn't move. I ended up having to pick her up to get her inside!!!

Well, she doesn't want to come in from the backyard now, and when she has, she has yet to come past the sofa in the den! She doesn't even know what the rest of the house looks like yet! She has escaped from the fenced backyard twice now, and both times, has walked right back in through the gate. She gets out, and thankfully is too frightened to go very far! I found the escape route (under the fence) and have fixed that now. That girl is going to give me a ruptured disk or a heart attack, I'm sure.

Lilly, on the other hand, thinks that I was made to get up and open the door for her to come back and forth from outside to inside. I see a doggy door in the near future.

Isn't moving a wonderful thing?? NOT! Ours had problems with the stairs. I was wondering how the great move went. How about some more details??? Oh, and I'm glad you got the hole plugged up.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Poor Honey girl! I hope she stops getting out and she gets used to her home soon! And also doesn't drive you nuts in the mean time!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Poor Honey!! I sure do hope she gets used to her new home soon! I can imagine how stressful it is on you without having to deal with Honey and Lilly! Now I have to go and find out what Butter's story is all about!

Oh no! Honey... you're supposed to take a lesson from your brother Butter.

Ummm Logan.... your pets names are making me hungry! LOL!

Hopefully Honey will get settled soon... before she drives you crazy preferably!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Poor baby So much change in her life these past few months, too. And we know what a sensitive soul she is. With a little time I'm sure she'll come to love her new home. Butter did! Glad you found the fence hole!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Honey reminds me a little a horse who gets spooked. Tucker doesn't like anything out of place. If he sees something that was set in a different place than it was before, he has to bark at it. Thankfully he can most often be coaxed past the offending object and soon forgets that he was afraid of it. Don't you just wish you knew what she was thinking.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Oh, poor Honey!! Glad you found her escape route! Hope she settles in soon.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Awwww! Poor Honey Hope she adjusts soon .. Hugs and kisses to all your furbabies !!

Hi Logan--What a sensitive soul Honey is! She reminds me of my rescue, Maggie--she stood outside in the rain the first night we had her. Didn't know where she was. I had to make her stay in the house. She would have spent the whole night outside in the rain if we would have let her. She settled in beautifully--just like Honey will. Moving is traumatic for some of them.
    daisy
    daisyjeanne
    Dandie, Summer, Gracie

Originally posted by Rachel
    Don't you just wish you knew what she was thinking.
    Yes, Rachel, I sure do!! Bless her heart, she has always been so skittish, just a nervous girl, which is so unusual for a Golden Retriever. But we just work with her and love her. She is such a beautiful girl, and so loving with us. I know it might take a little longer, but she'll get used to being here. And I think the sooner I can get everything in it's place, the better off she'll be. Once she discovers the steps and where Helen's bed is, I'll bet she is up there every night. It's just a much larger house, with a much different layout than our previous house. I want so badly for her not to be so nervous. Maybe it is time for more Paxil for her.......just until she can settle down a bit. I may call the vet tomorrow.

By the way, she's inside now, sleeping next to Lilly on the couch. She is very content, just not willing to come out of that den!!! 0

Originally posted by ramanth

Ummm Logan.... your pets names are making me hungry! LOL!
    Hehehehehe That's funny
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

poor LILY, hope she gets over her fear!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Logan somehow I missed this post yesterday. I caught the one about Butter and missed this! Poor Honey. She is not bad - she is just a sensitive young lady who I am sure will come around. Maybe as she sees familiar things starting to appear as you unpack she will feel more at home. It is amazing to me how observant animals can be and Rachel's comments about Tucker make a good point. I know one day I just rearranged the furniture and when Trevor walked into the room he stopped in his tracks. He just stood there taking it all in before going any further! Silly boy! I certainly hope that you stop carrying that sweetie around Logan - she probably weighs almost as much as you do! We don't want you hobbling down that aisle next month!

You are right, Pam. She isn't bad, she's Honey. And I shouldn't be surprised by this behavior. I also shouldn't be picking her up! But as I told Sandra, yesterday, on the phone, she is about 64 pounds, far less than my weight!! And if that is the only way to get her inside right now, then I have to do it. Scott and I worked on the fence this morning, twice. She had gotten out two times today, but willingly came back inside the backyard, through the gate. We will reinforce that section this weekend, but hopefully have it patched so she can't get out anymore. She obviously doesn't want to go anywhere. She is just seeing something or hearing something that makes her curious. And thank goodness, Lilly is not following her (she probably wouldn't fit anyway )

We love her dearly, and will keep on being patient and working with her. Surely she will adjust eventually.