Thread: Update and Resume Help

Update and Resume Help

Hey guys,
    Just wanted to post a short update and ask for some resume help. I have about 4 weeks left of my first semester in college, wow it sure went by fast but that isn't a bad thing! I DID make friends, and I cannot believe how motivated I am to do well. I am going to have over a 3.5 GPA, I do know that! That's what I had in high school, aiming to graduate community college with a 4.0. I've been doing EXCELLENT on everything, I failed ONE quiz in math but she drops the lowest grades anyway. I got alot of frustrating classes out of the way which I am SUPER happy about! I am changing my major from bio to just science so I can transfer to the school I want more easily. I found an excellent school in FL for my major and minor. Major will be in Zoology and minor will hopefully be wildlife ecology and conservation.

Anyway, I am applying to ALOT of internships for the summer. They can count for 1-6 credits up at my school depending on a lot of factors. Two are an hour commute, and 1 is in Alaska..these are the ones I've found so far that I'm really wanting to do. I also really need a paid one. They all involve wildlife rehabilitation. I know the one in Alaska SOUNDS crazy but I actually learned about it through an old post on here (go figure!), did a quick google search and I really want it. One of our very one PT'ers did this internship, so maybe there could be two?

Anyway, I need a resume for the other two! I made a small basic resume as I've never had one before. My dad said it was good, but to add objectives to it. Now, I only have my basic contact info (obviously), Education and work on it. I know I should add more stuff, it's only 1 page. Maybe someone could take a look at it for me? I'll e-mail it, I'm not putting all my contact info on the web, sorry.

Anyway thanks for any help!

Email it to me - Karen at Pet of the Day.com - and I will take a look at it later today, okay? And it should be just one page, even for people with lots of experience, so don't worry about that. Happy to help!
    I've Been Frosted

Alyssa, feel free to email me your resume. I've made a TON of them, so I can hopefully help.

[email protected] or you can Facebook message it to me or something.

Oh, and good luck on your internships and congratulations on your gpa! Totally jealous, as mine's kind of low right now :P
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

I work as an employment counsellor and would be happy to look at your resume. Based on your experience, one page is likely fine. Once you have more experience under your belt you will want to go to two pages.

My email is [email protected] if you want to send it

She emailed it to me, and I am going to work on it tonight for her!
    I've Been Frosted

I emailed a copy back to her, just FYI.
    I've Been Frosted