View Poll Results: Petco or Petsmart?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Petco

6 17.65%
  • Petsmart

22 64.71%
  • Other (Local store, other pet store) Please explain.

12 35.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Petco or Petsmart?

I like Petsmart because it is a little cheaper in my area. I love closest to Petco tho but lately don't go to either one. The least expensive for pet stuff is Walmart so I go there often. Why pay more for the same thing.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

Yes that is what is most important is for Pinot to be happy.. Yes my babies love Blue Wilderness && I can get it local at Tractor Supply..

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    Just came from PetSmart, stocked up on Blue Wilderness, Pinot is happy.

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Petsmart. Their prices are reasonable and they also have the grooming salon which I take Sparky to. Petco is upstate and too far from here - only been there once years ago. Concord Pet Supplies is a regional chain in this area and it's closer than Petsmart, but no groomer and their prices are way too high.

ETA: The Petsmart close to where my brother lives in NC, even has a vet on the premises. I'd never seen that at any other store. Any stores in your area have one?
    Last edited by pomtzu; 11-18-2011 at 02:09 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Well seeing I am not in the US or Canada I don't shop either. In fact I have NEVER been inside the doors of either. I shop at a local pet store that has absolutely everything I need. I feed my cats Royal Canin Fit 32 & Sensible 33. I can get these from them in bulk at a lower price than what the bags sell for. I pay €5,00 a kilo for the fit 32 & €6,00 a kilo for sensible 33. Normally a 2 kg bag of fit is €13,50 a bag & a 2 kg bag of sensible is €18,00 so there is a pretty good saving there especially when my cats eat 6-8 kg of dry food a month.

Because we are regular customers we also get 'treats' from them for free. They always toss in a handful of real meat 'sausages' for Artica & 2 or 3 bags of malt treats for the cats. They tend to always charge us less for wet food for the cats too. Normally the wet food is €1,00 a can (almo) or 6 for the price of 5(schesir). We never pay more than €0,75 a can or 6 for the price of 4 depending on the brand.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Petsmart. Their prices are reasonable and they also have the grooming salon which I take Sparky to. Petco is upstate and too far from here - only been there once years ago. Concord Pet Supplies is a regional chain in this area and it's closer than Petsmart, but no groomer and their prices are way too high.

ETA: The Petsmart close to where my brother lives in NC, even has a vet on the premises. I'd never seen that at any other store. Any stores in your area have one?
    The Petsmart where in my hometown has a vet. So does one of the local ones, but not the other.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Quote Originally Posted by lvpets2002 View Post
    Yes that is what is most important is for Pinot to be happy.. Yes my babies love Blue Wilderness && I can get it local at Tractor Supply..
    I love Tractor Supply. The closet one means traveling through a lot of traffic, so I use Animal Supply House.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

We have no Petco here so I go to PetSmart. Always found them very pleasant and helpful and their prices are okay especially when they have sales. We have a Pet Value but I didn't care for it and they don't carry much of anything.
    I never heard of a vet in pet stores here but it seems to be the norm in some areas in Britain.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    Pet Club is my first choice. Their prices are great. It's like a Costco/Sam's Club for pets but without a membership fee. I've always preferred Petsmart to Petco and I have both close to me. I also sometimes shop at An -Jan Feed & Supply Store too.
    I use Pet Club for all my pet food purchases, too! Their staff is extremely knowledgeable and helpful!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Yes, our Petsmart had a Banfield vet in there, I'm not sure if the ones in Knox do too, but it's possible.

I haven't been to Tractor Supply yet either, but probably going to visit there soon.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

My Petsmart used to have a vet, up until a few years ago.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I used to go to Petco AND PetSmart. Then I just stopped going to Petco all together. The store was just old and dirty. They've moved to a new location, farther from me, and we've been in once to get an Aussie calendar.
    But mainly I shop PetSmart for food and litter (also take Zoee for grooming and Tagg for nail trims). And sometimes I go to Pet Food Express (local chain) for misc things because I get a 20% discount for volunteering at ARF.

Every PetSmart I've been in has a Banfield vet in it. Its nice because you can buy perscription food there cheaper than at your normal vet. Luckily I do not have anyone on Rx food right now.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Petsuppliesplus for ferret food, though petco carries the same brand for $2.50more. PSP also has more variety of items and cheaper prices.

Petco if I'm buying C&Ps dog food because they only carry it, otherwise Tractor Supply for dog food.

Petsmart for fish and also great clearence buys. No typical animal food or necessities there, they don't carry good brands.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

There's a Pet Supplies Plus near where I work. I've only been there once - I'll have to check it out again.

The Petco near me is in a strip mall. It's between Target and Kohl's so it can be difficult to get a parking space sometimes. I go to Petsmart because it's a lot easier to get into the shopping center and get a parking space.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I prefer petsmart. I just like their selection better, and I get my dogs groomed there. Their dog food I get at the Dogs Meow, a local holistic pet store. Prices there are outragous to buy anything other than food though.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

PetSmart is usually cheaper than Petco.

Black Friday Petsmart had the Tidy Cat 38 lb for $8.99 bought 8
    and they had the Friskies for .35 bought 48 cans
    I usually buy them at Walmart .50 for the cans
    $12 for litter
    Walmart does the price match also
    CVS and Ritaid have sales for .45 cans but they never have a good variety
    So I took the circular to Walmart and got the case for .45 a can
    Store opened at 7AM but I didn't get there till around 3pm and there was plenty still there
    I have never done Black Friday shopping. I was in and out. no lines
    Last edited by maid25cats; 11-26-2011 at 06:21 PM.