Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yodie; update post #25; 12/1

Sending prayers and good thoughts to you and dear Yodie. I hope it is nothing serious and not another polyp.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

I found some of her medicine from the last time and even though it's old, I started her on it and it does seem to be helping. She still walks w/her head tilted but she isn't frantically scratching at her ear and rubbing up against the furniture to scratch it. I sure hope that when we see Dr. Lee he says that the meds cleared up whatever it is. Thanx for the prayers and good thoughts, everyone.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

OOoooooh, hope those take care of the issue.

Adding my prayers.....hope things go OK!
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

Yodie's appt. is tomorrow morning. It was originally scheduled for yesterday but the boy was still here so I rescheduled it for tomorrow. Please remember her in your thoughts and prayers. She seems to be doing better but she's still walking w/her head tilted. I'll post again when we get home.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Yodie, healing thought are coming your way.

Prayers for Yodie.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Good vibes coming for Yodie, hope he'll be ok till he sees the vet.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

Yodie, prayers and healing energies are being sent your way from us!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Looks like she dodged another bullet! For now...

Dr. Lee said that he couldn't see a polyp but her ear was clogged way down deep. No wonder when I cleaned it that nothing came out. I'm always afraid to go down too far. He flushed her ear and gave me meds for her again: ear drops, eye drops and Clindamycin. (I had him check her eye, too, b/c it was looking bad again.)

Five years had passed between the first polyp and the second one but he thinks it may be less time between the second and the next one. I hope not but I'm not going to borrow trouble. He said that she keeps having these ear problems and that probably means that one is growing in there. If so, he hopes that it grows down into her throat as the first one did. It's more difficult to get to the ones that grow into the ear canal as the second one did. Oh, btw, she gained 1 1/2 lbs (she's up to 9 1/2 lbs) so I know that one isn't growing into her throat b/c she would have lost weight due to difficulty in swallowing. She was so thin before the 1st surgery that you could see all her bones even in her face.

Anyhow, for right now, no surgery. Poor Yodie was actually quivering b/c she was so scared. They were able to clip all of her claws w/o so much as a hiss. I'm never that lucky. I can usually do 2 or 3 and then she's ready for war. So thanx for the prayers and healing thoughts, my friends. Yodie thanks you, too.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Glad he couldn't see any polyp forming just now. Smooches for Yodie!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Glad he couldn't see any polyp forming just now. Smooches for Yodie!
    RUKM? She won't let me anywhere near her! LOL
    Blessings,
    Mary

Hugs to you and Yodie. I hope she and you both feel better soon!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I was annoyed when I got there b/c once I was in a room, a vet tech told me that Dr. Lee was in the middle of a surgery and I'd have to see someone else. I told her that I thought I made it clear that I wanted ONLY Dr. Lee unless he was called away for an emergency. They did this to me once before and I wasn't happy. I waited for half an hour and finally I said that I'd have to see someone b/c I was tired of waiting. Just as another vet came in I heard Dr. Lee say "Where is she? Room 2? Room 2? Where is she?" and the other vet said "Are you finished?" and Dr. Lee brushed past him and came in to see Yodie. I love that man!

He was operating on a fox terrier whose jaw was broken in 3 places. He had to put in 3 wires and do a bone transplant. He said that the poor dog was like that for 2 weeks b/c his owner didn't want to do anything about it but he finally relented. Dr. Lee said that it was an exhausting surgery. (It wasn't an emergency surgery, though, b/c I wouldn't have wanted him to stop and take care of someone else if it was my pet.)

What is wrong w/people? Why would that man let his dog suffer like that for two weeks?
    Blessings,
    Mary

Prayers that Yodie continues to feel better. And prayers for you, too.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)