Thread: Quick Mystic update

Quick Mystic update

It been a few days since he went in for his recheck. It was not too good.... and I kind of had a minor breakdown. I can't keep on this rollercoaster for much longer. It affecting my entire life.

Anyway, on to what the vet said: He's still a sick little boy. It concerns her very much because he should be 100% by now. Another two weeks of antibiotics and meds. His penis is still bruised. He has to gain weight because he lost a pound. She has no idea why he's losing weight and it concerns her. She said two weeks and we'll recheck him again. then based on running complete panels we'll see what course of action we need to take.... which meds to try, etc.

I couldn't bear to post the bad-ish news. I am falling apart over this whole situation. I worry for him. I worry about how I'm going to catch up financially; the costs keep coming. I was ok with the $1000, because I'll have that by December, but we're $500 over it and I'm in such another world that I'm accumulating additional bills due to stupidity and not paying attention (uh, my first parking ticket EVER)

Oh, dear, Kim, we'll keep him and you in our prayers. So sorry this is happening.
    I've Been Frosted

You have my prayers for you and Mystic.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Many many prayers for you and Mystic. Your vet is sure not giving up!

Would she be open to a second opinion? I am sure she wants to solve this as much as you do.

{{{{HUGS}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Many prayers and healing energies for Mystic and you, Kim. We are so sorry you are going through all this. Let's hope this new round of meds and antibiotics will help. Getting a second opinion sounds like a good idea, too.

Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    More prayers for you and Mystic.
    Can anyone in your familyl help with the vet bills (instead of Christmas presents?)

Maybe no kid under 10 gets presents this year?
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I'm so, so sorry to read that your beloved Mystic is still not well. The second opinion is a good idea; is there an internist near you? Lisa's idea of money for his bill's instead of Christmas gifts is a good one. And I understand there's a site or organization online called "chipin" where you could start a fund and people could "chip in" whatever amount they could. I did something similar when Shadow broke his leg, and it was quite a help.

Prayers coming for you and Mystic, that he'll be restored to health.

Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The PrinCESS Althea

We are praying for Mystic to continue his healing, and that you will have a Good PetMas together.
    Mystic is such a Good Cat.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I am so sorry to read Mystic is still having trouble.
    I will keep you and him in my thoughts.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I'm praying for you and Mystic. Just ask for help with the vet bill this year instead of Christmas presents. That sounds like the best plan.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

I'm sorry to hear this latest update. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent Mystic's way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

So sorry to be reading that Mystic is still not well. I was hoping to hear a good report, just like you were. Poor boy. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Mystic. I hope he gains weight, gets to be 100%.

Gentle pets and lovies for Mystic. HUGS for you!!

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post
    More prayers for you and Mystic.
    Can anyone in your familyl help with the vet bills (instead of Christmas presents?)

Maybe no kid under 10 gets presents this year?
    Nobody is getting gifts. Mom is giving us "trinket gifts" more like stocking stuffers just so we have something to open. Other than that, nobody in our family is giving or receiving gifts. Nobody has money this year.

I will start making bonus by the end of December, but I need the money now. Thank God my vet is awesome and patient. They just expect payment at the counter for every subsequent visit. I am able to pay off the big bill, but not the weekly visits. I paid $80 on friday, and I need to pay who knows how much tomorrow for a 20 pound bag of food.

I am sorry to read that Mystic is not well and has lost weight. I know it must be very stressful worrying over his health. Thoughts and prayers for you and Mystic.

Prayers and good healing wishes and energies to Mystic and to you too, Lisa.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery