Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Pet Talk Meeting in Williamston, MI

I just got back from taking Eli to the vet. He got his first distemper shot and a dose of Drontyl (for worms). The vet said he's very healthy and weighs 3 lbs!! I'm taking MooShoo to be tested for FIP (again) to see if he is still carrying the virus. If he does, I'm afraid I'll have to find Eli a home. Don't want him coming down with it. The disease is worse for kittens than cats. Keep your fingers crossed. I'll keep 9 1/2 of mine crossed .

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I have my fingers and toes crossed!!!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I never knew animal bites were that serious until I was watching emergency vets one time and this lady's cat got severly injured and when she was trying to help it, it kept biting her, and when she took it to Alameda and they told her to get her butt to the hospital asap. And she almost lost her hands.
    That is funny you went to Wyandotte urgent care, I work at Wyandot Memorial and Live in Wyandot County!!! (OH)

Hope to see you Sunday!!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Shais_Mom,

Animal bites can turn very serious very quickly. The doctor told me if I had waited one more day I'd be in the hospital. I am going to go through the rabies series. I had planned to at one time anyway because I am in animal rescue. But I my insurance at work doesn't take effect till Dec. 1 and the shots need to begin by tomorrow at the latest from what the doctor said. So I'm looking into a "free clinic" or a "hardship program" at the hospital where I can get them at a discount.

What I find a little disturbing is when I told people I was bitten by a cat (only when they ASKED), they gave me a look like ALL cats bite. I assured them it was NOT the cat's fault, that she was scared and was only defending herself.

Can't wait to meet everyone on Sunday! I'll show you my boo-boo.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

You should post a pic, hehe!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Actually Donna, I knew that animal bites were serious but I didn't know cat bites could be so deadly just from a single bite, until I watched evets the one day.
    I am glad you got it taken care of quickly, And I will check out your boo-boo!!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Ohhh! We get to show off battle wounds now! I can show off the scars I still have from when my cat Chance attacked me.

I will post a picture when I get home from work. I hope you don't have a weak stomach. Although it DOES look better than it did on Sunday. Kim can attest to that

Originally posted by moosmom
    I will post a picture when I get home from work. I hope you don't have a weak stomach. Although it DOES look better than it did on Sunday. Kim can attest to that
    *nods quickly* It's been a long time since I'd seen that much blood.

And THEN we find out that there is also a bite wound on the bottom of her finger as well as the top!

How scary!!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Rabies shots, oh that just sucks Hope your hand is doing better now!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Okay you guys, you asked for it. Here's the picture. I am not going through the rabies shots. I talked to the ACO in Kim's area and he seemed very unconcerned. He said there hadn't been a case of rabies in years. I'm on antibiotics and as long as it clears up the infection, I'll be fine. She was OBVIOUSLY someone's pet and didn't provoke the attack. I did by trying to catch her with my bare hands (DUH!!!). Kim's kitchen sink looked like a pig slaughter! The finger is doing much better now. I can bend it a little more and it doesn't hurt as much as it did. Although bumping it does send a few expletive deletives out of my mouth.

Don't ya think it looks alot better Kim??

WOW!! That must have been one big cat!!!!!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Sudilar,

I think she was more terrified than anything else. She just happened to have VERY BIG TEETH!!. Poor little girl.

Originally posted by moosmom
    Don't ya think it looks alot better Kim??
    Oh yes! It looks a lot better!

I'm happy you don't have to go thru the series of shots. Like you said, she wasn't acting rabid at all.

In other news... I haven't seen any of the kittens or the tiger tabby since that day.