Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Pet Talk Meeting in Williamston, MI

My Pet Talk Meeting in Williamston, MI

Hi everybody!

Well I just got back from my visit with Ramanth (Kim), her boyfriend Andy and of course, Kia.

I had a great time but couldn't stay very long (about 3 hours). It was pouring out!! We tried to catch the other kitten but he is VERY elusive. I think we're going to have to get a trap.

While we were out there, there was a pregnant black tiger that I was feeding sardines too. She was ravenous! As I put the can closer to me, I started petting her. I grabbed her by the nap of the neck to get her into a carrier but she was VERY squiggly. She tried to get away and both Kim and I had our hands on her. She managed to get away, but only after my little pinky got stuck on her tooth. Needless to say I left a bloody trail. It's okay now. I rinsed it with peroxide, cold water and put ice on it. I have a bandaid on it because everytime I bend it, it starts to bleed again. I think she bit me clear down to the bone and that's why it hurts. There was no way in hell I was going to the emergency room to have needles stuck in it and have it stitched up. Okay, so I'm a baby. I'll live.

Anyway...(ahem), Kia is a beautiful dog and very loving. The minute I met Kim and Andy I felt very comfortable, like I've known them a long time. I hope we can meet again and this time make plans to do something.

Oh, did I mention I brought the little black and white kitty home with me??? I named him Eli. Kim has decided to keep Patches (I had no doubt)

Kim, I really did enjoy myself. Andy's a great guy. Cincy's Mom invited me to go to Ohio with you guys next weekend. I'll call you to find out what the plans are. I just might take her up on the invitation. I'd love to meet others from the site.

I'll post the pictures in the next thread.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Me and Kim.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Kim and Andy.

Eli.

Mama Patches (isn't she beautiful??). Her motor was running the whole time . Tell me she doesn't feel right at home.

And last, but certainly not least, heeeeeeere's Kia!!

I love Eli !!!!!!!!!

Wow, you got to make friends and a new furbaby. I am so jealous.

I'm jealous too! You guys had a wonderful meeting and you gained a new precious kitty all in one day!! Great pics!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Thanks for the pictures Donna. Your little addition is very cute.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Wow! Sounds like a great meeting. Well, minus the 'owie' part...

Little Eli is sooooo cute - love the spots on her(?) nose.

Thank you for sharing the photos with all of us. So neat!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Oh you guys, I am jealous too...........but the good kind of jealous.
    How terrific you got together and met each other and Kia too.

Donna, I am sorry about your finger.............take good care, bites can be serious.

Patches is just beautiful!

Great pics!

It was so great meeting you too! Eli is such a cute name. It really suits him.

Yeah.. momma cat is really growing on me. I renamed her Zam after my favorite Bounty Hunter from the Star Wars universe. Her favorite sound is her bag of food rattling.

Her and Kia are still feeling each other out, but I'm sure they'll become good buddies soon.

I saw the tiger tabby again just after I got off the phone with you. I tried to approach her and she took off.

We'll definately have to get together again.

Hope your finger is feeling better.

Kia and Zam say hi.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Hi Kim!

It was so great meeting you and Andy. I'm glad you're keeping Zam. She's a wonderful cat and I think that she and Kia will do fine. Especially if there's been no growling, hissing or blood shed.

Eli is doing okay. I got him to purr last night. I put him on my chest and we fell asleep together. The sound of his purr put me right out. I'm going to take him to the vet tomorrow for his distemper vaccine. I have a feeling he's younger than 9 weeks, as he looks awfully small. But what an appetite!! He ate a whole can of Fancy Feast. I'm going to get him canned kitten food tonight.

I think we definitely spooked the Mama tiger yesterday. I just hope she IS someone's pet and not a stray. I'm very curious as to whether or not she's been vaccinated for rabies. I REALLY don't want to go through the series of shots if at all possible. Can you ask Tammy to find out?? I'm going to a walk-in clinic on my lunch hour just to be on the safe side. Will let you know what they say.

Give Kia and Zam a smooch for me and let Zam know that Eli is in great hands.

There's been a little hissing, but only when Kia gets really nosy. Kia's smart enough to know that when they hiss to back off. This morning they were both flopped down on the floor sleeping.

I forgot to mention, when Andy and I were at the Pet Store, he was looking at the cats stands and he's like...hmmmm.... $300 that's a bit much... I could make one of these.....

LOL! Just not sure where I'd put one!

I'll check again with Tammy.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Great pics! Thanks for sharing and saving the kitties! I really hope your finger is ok and you don't have to go through the shots. How scary. Let us know, please!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)