Thread: I'm back: Still no power and the pups are with me

I'm back: Still no power and the pups are with me

Hi all!!! We still don't have power at home, 8 days after Storm Alfred. The National Guard is helping out my neighborhood, one of the hardest hit areas .

We relocated temporarily to my mother's boyfriend's house. We left the cats at home, and my brother was too stubborn to come here into the warm until this morning, so he was watching them, the bird and fish.

The dogs: they love it here. I have the time right now to take Cassie and Taffy for multiple walks a day (when I don't have school), and mom's boyfriend takes them out too. Their house is HUGE, two times bigger than ours with lots of land to run around (and no dogs to distract Cass during training!). Her training is doing great here, she is really understanding not to pull with the halti harness. I don't have to stop walking nearly as much, and she is looking up at ME if she does pull, plus just every so often to see where I lead her. She is not nearly as out of control, since her black german shepherd friend and her go at it, and she gets nice and tired out. She automatically got along with the people here, since I think she understands it's not her house.

Taffy made herself right at home, jumped onto their couch and made it her favorite spot. She's just happy to be with her mom again, and both dogs sleep with me, though Cassie some nights prefers the floor.

Before we were here: We have no power at home. Our food quickly spoiled and smelled, and we have to take inventory and picture for insurance reasons. Bugs somehow made their way in the house and it smells. Our yard was full of branches and the dogs kept cutting their paws up, I tried to clear it out well but the nights were cold and it was hard to move around the house with much energy. After 5 days of roughing it at home, I left for here. My mother killed my laptop by accident, so I'm using hers.
    The pups

The Kitty Krew

"Petting, scratching, and cuddling a dog could be as soothing to the mind and heart as deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer." - Dean Koontz, False Memory

Wow, stay safe, everybody. Glad you are all someplace warm, at least, and so glad Cassie's training is improving!
    I've Been Frosted

Thank you Karen. Ours isn't even the hardest hit area in Connecticut- we have about 28% power left to restore in this town, while others still are at 70 or 80% without power.
    The pups

The Kitty Krew

"Petting, scratching, and cuddling a dog could be as soothing to the mind and heart as deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer." - Dean Koontz, False Memory