Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Student murdered very close to where I live UPDATE-- suspect to enter Not Guilty plea

Student murdered very close to where I live UPDATE-- suspect to enter Not Guilty plea

If you live in the Chicago area you might have seen this on the news. This happened about 2 miles from where I live. They think the girl came home from school and surprised a burglar. Over the past several months there have been a number of robberies in this part of our village because it is single family homes, heavily wooded yards, and backs up to the tollway, making for a quick getaway. But IHP is kind of like "Mayberry" in that tragedies like this don't happen in our village. Just very sad. If you would please say a prayer or think a good thought for this family.

Thank you,
    Elyse

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,0,50133.story
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 11-29-2011 at 10:01 PM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

How sad, we will say a prayer both for her family, and for the community. I hope they are able to catch the person or people who did this.
    I've Been Frosted

Gosh! That's sad! Prayers for the family, sorry to hear they had to go through so much pain and sadness.. Hopefully the criminal will be caught and punished severely! The video brought tears in my eyes..

I'm so sorry. What a horrible thing to happen to such a young innocent person just coming home. I hope the perpetrator is caught soon.

Prayers for her family and all who love her, and prayers for your community too.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Ah, the poor little girl.
    They need a return of capitol punishment for offenders who do this sort of thing. These creeps have to be taught to leave the kids alone.

"I'm Back !!"

Wow, how tragic. My thoughts are with the family, all the kids at the school and the community. I can't even imagine......
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Warm thoughts and prayers going out, oh my what a sad and scary situation.
    xx
    Religion is a smile on a dog.

It's raining cats and dogs!!!
    SPCA HOUSTON
    HABITAT FOR HORSES
    When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.

Only 14 years old! As a mom, I can't begin to imagine what her mother must have felt coming home and finding her daughter brutally murdered. My prayers are with her family, friends, and the community.

May the police catch the low life responsible very soon and may this - - - - be punished to the fullest extent the law allows.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

$20,000 has been raised as reward money. It's been on the news that collectible coins were also taken from the home, so pawn shops and coin collectors should be on alert. I 'm afraid the coins have already been pawned or sold far away from here.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

So tragic. Thoughts and prayers with family.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Reward fund is now up to $50,000. Kelli's visitation was today and will continue tomorrow and her funeral is Friday morning. Just very, very sad.

Tragic, truly, may they find the creep.

Kelli's funeral was held today. There are white ribbons around trees, bushes and sign posts all over town. Several local businesses changed their signs to things like "God Bless Kelli", "Hearts for Kelli", "Remembering Kelli". The kids even used styrofoam cups to spell out her name in the fence of the bike path bridge over the tollway. It's a good place to live, just your typical middle class community.

They also caught the suspect today and he was denied bail. Seems he took a cab from our neighborhood to the elevated train station near Midway Airport and tried to pay the fare with one of the collectible coins he took from the O'Laughlin home. He also took Kelli's cell phone and made taunting and harassing calls to her mother using her speed dial.

God bless Kelli Joy.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    He also took Kelli's cell phone and made taunting and harassing calls to her mother using her speed dial.
    This part sickens me, like...why? RIP Kelli.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    They also caught the suspect today and he was denied bail. Seems he took a cab from our neighborhood to the elevated train station near Midway Airport and tried to pay the fare with one of the collectible coins he took from the O'Laughlin home. He also took Kelli's cell phone and made taunting and harassing calls to her mother using her speed dial.

God bless Kelli Joy.
    I'm relieved to know the suspect is now in custody without bail. Situations like this are hard enough on the family but it was made even worse by the unconsionable phone calls to her grieving mother. I pray Kellie's family finds peace. I also hope and pray that justice will be served.

RIP Kellie
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE