Thread: LOS ANGELES: Kitty w/no tail and resulting poo problems

LOS ANGELES: Kitty w/no tail and resulting poo problems

This is a very special kitty who needs a very special foster home. Please consider if you can help or you know someone who might be able to or you can pass this on to anyone else who might be able to:

------------>
    DAVE NEEDS A HOME!!! HE IS LIVING IN A CAGE AND WILL BE SENT TO SANCTUARY IF NO HOME IS OFFERED TO THIS SWEET BOY! PLEASE OPEN YOUR HEART AND HOME TO DAVE!!!! CONTACT CINDI ASAP!!!! [email protected] cdzacko (AT) gmail.com

PLEASE CROSSPOST PLEASE!!!!!

LOS ANGELES CALIFORNIA!!!!
    We rescued Dave 10 days ago because we were able to get his pull fees covered and a week of boarding. Unfortunately, as soon as he was examined, the doctor said he had no tail (probably because of inbreeding) and that he really has no control of when he defecates because his sphincter just lets it loose and he just kind of goes whenever.

There is really nothing wrong with him except that he needs a home that will be ok with him the way he is …probably a backyard (enclosed preferably) but just a home and not a CAGE where he is now.

If anyone has any ideas on this UBER SWEET CAT DYING TO GET OUT OF THE CAGE and GET SOME LOVE,

PLEASE EMAIL ME at [email protected]

--------------------

Thank you so much for ANYTHING ANY of you can do to help!!!!!!

Love ,
    Pat and my 7 cats
    Last edited by phesina; 11-07-2011 at 01:46 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

is it a Manx cat? They don't have tails but I should hope that the vet is smart enough to know one when he sees one. They often have poo problems.

All I know is what is in that post there. I think that whether he's a Manx or not, the real problem is that he can't control his defecation, which makes it very hard for him to find a home, even a foster home.

Thanks for the tip, aTailOf2Kitties, that Manx cats often have this kind of problem. I didn't realize it comes along with the breed sometimes.

I will write to the poster and suggest she find out if he is a Manx and, if so, communicate with the local Manx breeders and cat fancy. Maybe a Manx cat lover who is accustomed to such drawbacks would adopt him.

I hope somebody will take him in. If he's not a Manx or they can't find the right Manx-lover to take him in, maybe he could be a barn cat? Or live in some kind of space, an enclosed yard as suggested perhaps, where it wouldn't matter where he did his job.

May God bless you, Dave, and find you the right home!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

I'd contact Manx rescue, as they often deal with this sort of birth defect. They are experienced with the issue, and might have a home for him.
    I've Been Frosted

There is a diff of Manx && of No tail at all.. At least a Manx has a nubb of a tail && that is what helps for the muscle control of poops or not.. This baby has nothing in the rear but his A Hole.. Which means of no muscle control for pooping..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by lvpets2002 View Post
    There is a diff of Manx && of No tail at all.. At least a Manx has a nubb of a tail && that is what helps for the muscle control of poops or not.. This baby has nothing in the rear but his A Hole.. Which means of no muscle control for pooping..
    Helene, Manx can have this conditional as well. Manx actually vary - some have a very short tail "a stumpy" Manx, some just a nubbin "a stubby" Manx, and some no tail at all - a "rumpy" Manx. The rumpy Manx sometime have this difficulty with control, and even some stumpy ones do. It varies kitty to kitty.
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks for the input, Karen and Helene. I contacted the original poster and told her about this thread and about contacting Manx breeders and Manx rescuers.

I hope little Dave gets just the right home, and if Pet Talk helps to bring that about, that's wonderful!

Death thought about it.

Is he a black cat? I hope he isn't because I have an almost uncontrollable need to take in black cats in trouble. Please let him be buff, or white so I can simply hope he finds a good home.

What is the problem with a sanctuary? There are some good ones out there.