Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tiglet , The Tortie Treat

Tiglet , The Tortie Treat

You certainly have had a difficult 2011 , Tiglet to have been diagnosed with two such terrible diseases!!!
    Yet you are a Great Dear Cat Companion, as Torties are such determined Cats , and are not easiy desauded by things and are always such brave Cats
    and very determined to have things thier way.

We are praying that you will continue to be we and healthy Tiglet, and that you have so many years ahead of you.

My Pouncer, Pouncer Roccalno and All Of Our Torties are sending thier prayers and MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWIES To Our Newest Friend ^^ and Our Newest and Bravest Cat Of the Day ^^
    Tenacious Tiglet ^^>

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Hi Tiglet! Cute name by the way! You look beautiful and healthy. One would never know you are battling 2 diseases. So sorry to hear that, but it looks and sounds like it doesn't hold you down in the least. I laughed when I read your humans name your backyard buddies. Congrats Tiglet !

Miss Tiglet, you are an absolutely beautiful tortie girl! Mmwah, mmwah I kiss your out-stretched paws! I agree with Catmandu-- prayers that you will be well and healthy, and have many years ahead of you Happy Cat of the Day, beautiful tortie Tiglet!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Many Thanks!

Thank you to everyone that replied to Tiglet's photos/profile! Very nice of everyone to do so. Tiglet is definitely a brave little girl and hopefully she is able to combat both of these diseases. Actually, her diabetes is currently in remission and she has not received an insulin shot in over a month so that is some good news even though she is still labelled as a "diabetic". Thank you for everyone's prayers and thoughts. It is deeply appreciated and I thought Tiglet deserved some recognition for how tough she has been fighting and continues to do so.

Thank you

Here are some more photos that didn't make it!

Sweet Tiglet

You poor sweetheart, so sorry to hear of your illnesses; hope you are with your family for many years to come. You are such a pretty girl; Torties are so wonderful, not to mention flat out gorgeous! Happy COTD, you deserve it.

Sweet Tiglet

I am so happy to meet you Tiglet - I am sure your fur parent's tribute will educate a lot of people about these diseases. Too often a vet will tell the person to let the cat go (euthanize) but it is often not necessary and it upsets me that the vets give up so easily and don't tell us our options. My Angel Beyli had kidney failure and after being diagnosed (late - seems the vets didn't know how to read the blood tests properly!) he was with me for 5 more years happily. What helped him and I to live with these disease was giving him good quality canned food (dry food makes dehydration worse, and clumping litter with sodium bentonite is VERY dangerous - turns to cement in the box and does the same in your cat); gave him SubQs every few days (he took them like a little trouper knowing I was helping him to feel better); medications were Fortekor (generic Benazepril) for blood pressure which tends to be a problem with CRF and Famotidine (ie. Pepcid) which helps the kidneys a great deal because it cuts down on the acid buildup which causes vomitting and therefore dehydration. None of this is very expensive to do (got most of it at Wal-Mart) and takes little time.

I hope you and Tiglet are together for a long time. She is definitely acting like a cat - usually people who say they are like a dog just don't understand cats. There is a misconception that cats do not interact with us, just lay around and this is so not true, as we all know.
    Please have your pets sterilized as soon as possible to lower, and one day hopefully eliminate, unwanted and abandoned pets. It IS our responsibility. Adopting from a shelter also helps - encouraging breeders just adds to the overpopulation.
    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/QC64.html
    Angel Beyli's Mom thanks you!

Quote Originally Posted by ajce245 View Post
    Here are some more photos that didn't make it!
    Thanks for sharing more sweet Tiglet pictures! Hang tuff lil' lady!

Thanks for the replies again!

I actually wanted to say that Tiglet has been treated with one of the best and caring vets, Dr. Ellis. She has been wonderful and we are able to keep in touch with her 24/7 should we have any questions and concerns. We have been very lucky in that regard. Tiglet receives subq fluids 3 times a week and is on ranitidine as well. She is also on the special Hills k/d food but of course, very picky so we often have to give her other canned food which isn't as good for her but the important thing is that "she is eating" and she has to keep on eating or else her sugars go very low. We have noticed that if she regularly eats, it keeps her sugars in normal range, however, when she stops eating even for a few hours, it goes low. It's pretty hard to jungle both diabetes and kidney disease because each disease is opposite of one another. Luckly, it appears the diabetes is in remission for now. We used Lantus insulin for Tiglet and I must say that it did wonders for her. After doing tons of research on kidney failure, I realized that with treatment, we can try to stabilize and control her disease and while she has her good and bad days, this past week has been a blessing as she has had a very good week. We are pretty sure that the diabetes/kidney disease created one or the other, but the important thing is that it was caught. I really hope she is with us for years to come as well. The thing that is troubling is that she is still very young and it has been a very emotional time for us trying to deal with everything and the shock and knowing that any day, she could take a turn for the worse. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I am also sorry to hear about Beyli. It's a very terrible disease to watch your cat go through. Thank goodness there are medications that can help make them more comfortable, but it's a really horrible thing to go through.

Tiglet

I love this cat! Hope she feels better and better each day.

she is really unique looking. I had a tortie. Love them.

Love, Laurie, Princey and Lonny

Blog Entries

Tiglet

Tiglet is awsome, amazing and wonderful Excellent COTD!!!!! There should be a day of the week named after Tiglet. She is SO pretty She knows how much you love her and that's all that really matters to her, no fakin' that eh? Thanks for sharing beautiful Tiglet ( perfect name for her by the way ) Peace and love

Dearest Tiglet, you are utterly ADORABLE, and you have the most wonderful Purrsons and Friends and Doctor who love you so very much!

Prayers for you and your family that you continue to keep these ailments in check and are around sharing your love with all for a long time yet.

Pat and cats (including Sydney and Bob who are also kidney-challenged)
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Tiglet what a beauty you are!!!

I love Torties and you are one of the prettiest I've seen. I'm so sorry you are ill but you don't seem to let that slow you down any. Way to go girl!! I hope you are enjoying lots of tummy rubs and luvies today.

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our very special Cat of the Day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Tiglet, You are a beautiful girl sweetie. I am so pleased
    to meet you today. I love all of your pictures, you are very photogenic.
    I think it's wonderful that you have such a fighting spirit & zest for life.
    Prayers that you have many more happy years to come. Congratulations
    on being our honored CAT OF THE DAY. Enjoy your special day
    sweet girl.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Greetings beautiful Tiglet! Happy Cat of the Day to you!

I can't imagine a more deserving Cat of the Day honoree than you, beautiful girl! My eyes were filled with tears mere sentences into your Mommy's beautiful, heartfelt tribute to her best girl!

What a smart, loving, sociable, simply amazing kitty you are, Tiglet; a fighter and survivor with the courage of a lion! I'm so sorry to hear of your serious health challenges, Tiglet. As has been said, looking at you it's hard to imagine you are at all ill! And what a trooper you are, taking your medications and treatments, your vet visits, with such acceptance and grace. I have a feeling you know how important your treatments are, that your parents are only trying to help you, assuring you will be with them for a long time to come!

My Buddy was diagnosed with diabetes at age 15, and CRF at 17. Though a senior well up there in years, he too took his medications and fluids willingly and lived many more happy and active years! But as your Mom has said, it is very difficult dealing with/treating just one of your two conditions. But, having to treat them both simulatenously, especially as each condition's dietary needs are polar opposites and maintaining a safe blood sugar level is paramount, is a challenge...as well the fact that neither diet is quite as tasty and appealing as "regular" food, more difficult still. I remember so well those joyful days when I would see my Buddy eating well...the happiness I felt is hard to describe, but I know your Mommy can relate. But thankfully you are the under of one of those truly special vets, available at a moment's notice, and what a blessing that is, and a great comfort for your Mommy emotionally, no doubt!

I could go on and on about how special you are, Tiglet, but your Mommy's closing says it best of all...

"She has taught me what unconditional love is and what someone will do to try to protect and help their cat by every means necessary. She is my best friend and she will always be."

How blessed you and your Mommy are to have found one another, Tiglet. It was written in the stars that you and she would be together...forever and always...best friends and soul mates for life!

I hope and your family, your parents and fursis Janie, and your sweet little furry and feathered friends from the great outdoors, Theodore and Freddy; ALL of your adoring friends and fans, are reveling in your much deserved day of honor! Lots of love and cuddles and kisses to you, beautiful Tiglet! I'll be keeping you in my prayers, sweetheart, wishing for you and your wonderful parents, many, many more happy years of shared unconditional love and devoted companionship!
    Last edited by tatsxxx11; 10-26-2011 at 05:27 PM.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Bless you tiglet

HI- WOW- I WISH YOU AND YOURS ALL THE BEST. YOU REALLY ARE A FIGHTER AND STRONG LITTLE LADY! I HOPE YOU HAVE A LONG WHILE TO ENJOY THE LOVE YOU GET AND THE LOVE YOU GIVE TO YOUR HUMANS--AS WELL AS HOUSEMATES OF OTHER PURR-SUASIONS!I AM SAD TO READ ABOUT ALL YOU ARE DEALING WITH, BUT YOU ARE GORGEOUS AND I AM ONLY ONE OF YOUR MANY ADMIRES! KEEP MAKING THOSE APPOINTMENTS WITH THE VET-AND BE STRONG AND ALWAYS REMEMBER TO END THE DAY WITH A LOUD PURR!SUSANSWATLIN518 ALSO-I JUST SAW THE OTHER LARGE PICTURES OF TIGLET-WOW-HOW PRETTY! I AM GLAD THINGS ARE LOOKING UP!