Thread: Types of cat litter?

Types of cat litter?

I just wondering, what kind of cat litter does everyone purrfer .

I just have Raven on max cat I believe... But its REALLY dusty... YUK :/..

Welcomed opinions please
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

I use Tidy Cat scoopable litter. It's not as dusty as some others I've used before. But they do make the pellet type litters. I've never tried those, but my sister has and liked them.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Feline Pine pellets has little to no dust. Right now I am using three different types in three boxes, Feline Pine clumping (dusty), Swheat Scoop (very dusty), and World's Best Clumping Multiple cats (very little dust, if any at all).

I think I will be switching over to World's Best as soon as I run out of the other stuff.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

The Found Cats use a local Green Cat itter because it is a competive price and is 70% more biodegrable!!!
    WE are concerned about the enviroment at the Found Cats Hotel
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

We also use the Tidy Cats Scoopable.

I've only ever used Tidy Cats Scoopable - it was the ONLY litter my first cat, Mr. Amber Cat, would use. He's been gone almost 10 years, but I still use only that. I do find it dusty and don't care for that. BUT so many on here have issues if they swap litters, I've been afraid to change and try something else!

I think most ppl are voting "Tidy Cat " So I'm going to look into that one on grocery day !. I just want whatever accumulates the least amount of dust because my son sometimes gets effected by allergies, and dust does bother him at times... I bought a litter box thats covered, and has a flappable door, and filter. Raven is scared of the door right now, so I removed it, but i'll try putting it back on in a week, and see how Raven reacts... That will probably keep the dust down ALOT too..
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Tidy Cat - but I'm a rare NON-scoopable user. We've always used it - through three kitties (and about 25 years).
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    Tidy Cat - but I'm a rare NON-scoopable user. We've always used it - through three kitties (and about 25 years).
    I am a non-scoopable user too. I use either Tidy Cats or Fresh Step. I've successfully used Petsmart's house brand too. Jewel (which is owned by Supervalu) and Dominick's (owned by Safeway) are the two local supermarket chains; I've tried both of their house brands but they were much more dusty than the national brands.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I've tried almost every brand of litter that there is and I keep going back to Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Scoopable Unscented Litter. It forms hard clumps and isn't very dusty either. My cat Sky was diagnosed with mild asthma and this litter seems to agree with him much more than any other that I've used. You can buy it at Petsmart or online. I get mine at Pet Club and maybe a few other pet stores may carry it by now. Good luck.

We use Tidy Cat Scoopable, and despite a little dust, it doesn't aggravate Sherpa's asthma.

Fresh Step scoopable works well for us, and seems to clump everything together well. The smell is more "clean" than other liters we have tried, although it can be dusty! Tried Arm and Hammer kind, and it did not hold in the smell very well, with 3 male cats who just love to pee.
    The pups

The Kitty Krew

"Petting, scratching, and cuddling a dog could be as soothing to the mind and heart as deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer." - Dean Koontz, False Memory

I used Feline Pine up until I got Bartie. He was used to scoopable. So I now mix Tidy Cat (very little dust) and Fresh Results (Wal-Mart brand). It cuts down on what little dust there is and also controls odor.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Tidy Cat Scoopable here.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

We use World's Best (and most expensive) Cat Litter. No dust.