Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Fans...

Woo Hoo One More Game To Win.. Go Go Texas Rangers == You Can Do It!! World Series Here We Come!!

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by lvpets2002 View Post
    Woo Hoo One More Game To Win.. Go Go Texas Rangers == You Can Do It!! World Series Here We Come!!
    Yep we got beat last night. I know the Rangers have never won a WS and as I said before, may the best team win in this short 7 game series, Go Cards.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

The Cardinals brought out their history tonight - Lou Brock, Bob Gibson, Red Schoendienst, Ozzie Smith and
    Stan, 'The Man', Musial. It seems to have worked, for the moment. Tied, 7-7, in the 10th.

Game 7 tonight. This has been a strange but great series.

I only started watching in the 7th and that was one intense game!!! I want the Cards to win. But I will be just as happy if Texas wins. Obviously these are two great teams!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Game 6 was very exciting!
    Since Bobcat was born in Texas, we're rooting for them, but we wanted the Cardinals to win last night to force game 7. Somehow, I doubt if game 7 can top game 6 -- but we'll be tuning in to see!
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Redbird and everyone, I think I should apologize for this comment. I heard on the radio that some fans feel Roger Maris still holds the home run record because other players who have broken it may have been steroid users at the time, while Maris was not. After the whole Sammy Sosa story broke around here I think a lot of fans felt let down.

I think baseball coverage in Chicago seems anti-Mets because of the 1969 "Miracle Mets" who beat the Cubs and anti-Cardinals because of the long history of rivalry between the two teams. Kind of like the Bears with Green Bay. I've never been to New York, but my mom was born in St. Louis and lived there with my grandmother till she was 5 or 6. St. Louis is one of my favorite Midwest cities for road trips from Chicago.
    Thank you.

"I've been frosted."

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post
    Game 6 was very exciting!
    Since Bobcat was born in Texas, we're rooting for them, but we wanted the Cardinals to win last night to force game 7. Somehow, I doubt if game 7 can top game 6 -- but we'll be tuning in to see!
    I don't think there will be another game as exciting as Game 6 for many years. This game will go down in history, it was truly amazing. Hopefully tonight the Cards can take it home with the help of this guy:

or any other Cardinal.

"I've been frosted."

Last night was a 'one night stand' as far as great WS BB games go.

The Bosox run for the title (04) was probably the best playoff/series I ever saw - that was three weeks of fun, nailbiting, dramatic ball.

Last night's game had all the best parts of baseball.

Great plays, errors, runs, extra innings, drama and the absolute best?

A player going from hero to goat.

That is the way baseball should be played. A little bit of everything for the fans and players.

---------------------

I saw a 60 Minutes piece earlier this year on Albert Pujols and he is what baseball needs to get rid of all the BS that the 'steroid era' brought to the game.

I really don't have favorite sports figures anymore, but AP is probably one of the best/nicest guys playing today. I really do admire him for all he has done for the game....

Now, on a crappy note?

Whoever wins the Series is going to have to put out huge bucks for the players because some are going to want to renegotiate contracts/salaries.

That is one of the things that makes winning, a losing proposition for the fans that support the teams.

Plan on seeing some players ask for the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Last night was a 'one night stand' as far as great WS BB games go.

The Bosox run for the title (04) was probably the best playoff/series I ever saw - that was three weeks of fun, nailbiting, dramatic ball.

Last night's game had all the best parts of baseball.

Great plays, errors, runs, extra innings, drama and the absolute best?

A player going from hero to goat.

That is the way baseball should be played. A little bit of everything for the fans and players.

---------------------

I saw a 60 Minutes piece earlier this year on Albert Pujols and he is what baseball needs to get rid of all the BS that the 'steroid era' brought to the game.

I really don't have favorite sports figures anymore, but AP is probably one of the best/nicest guys playing today. I really do admire him for all he has done for the game....

Now, on a crappy note?

Whoever wins the Series is going to have to put out huge bucks for the players because some are going to want to renegotiate contracts/salaries.

That is one of the things that makes winning, a losing proposition for the fans that support the teams.

Plan on seeing some players ask for the moon.
    I saw that 60 minutes program also, wouldn't miss it. You're right, everyone will be asking for more bucks but that is the name of the game I guess. Go Cards.

"I've been frosted."

Yesterday afternoon, before the snow started, Paul actually saw a male cardinal feeding in our back yard. Maybe that's a sign? (We've seen sparrows often, blue jays, a nuthatch and a few others, not a cardinal here before ... )

Should be interesting tonight! I do like it when it is NOT a blow-out, but good baseball games between good teams.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Yesterday afternoon, before the snow started, Paul actually saw a male cardinal feeding in our back yard. Maybe that's a sign? (We've seen sparrows often, blue jays, a nuthatch and a few others, not a cardinal here before ... )

Should be interesting tonight! I do like it when it is NOT a blow-out, but good baseball games between good teams.
    I saw a Ranger at the park up the street, last week.......

get it?

Park Ranger.........

I don't care who wins....it was a pretty good season with all the surprises and really good games.

I can hardly wait for the usual "plays of the year" programs.

Go Baseball!

Yesterday's game -- wowzers! Two runs difference - tied - two runs difference - tied again !
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Congrats to the Cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Congrats to the Cards.
    I was told that there are no Rangers that patrol the parks here in town.

That was fun.