Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Addition: first time kitty owner here ;).

New Addition: first time kitty owner here ;).

Hi Everyone!

I have never officially owned a cat before, so please welcome me to this side of the forum .

As some of you may know, my beloved husky of 13.5 yrs died a few weeks ago.. We just cant stand how lonely it is around the house with no pets.. (well the exeption of my leopard gecko..)
    We mulled it over for a bit.. My boyfriend, and I decided to add a kitty to our home. This will be our first pet together, and mine and my sons first cat!

We looked at a couple cats online, but wern't totally happy with them... Then I came across an add titled "the worlds best cat, needs new home asap"

I thought to myself-must be a gooder..So off I went to see for myself... low and behold - she did indeed turn out to be "the worlds best cat.... for us that is "

So please welcome Raven.. named Raven (or raisen to my son ) because of her amazing jumping skills.. she might as well be a flying cat!

Pics attached!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	014.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	468.1 KB 
ID:	47798   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	016.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	411.8 KB 
ID:	47799   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	034.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	445.1 KB 
ID:	47800   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	039.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	573.1 KB 
ID:	47801  

Aww! Welcome to your new home Raven! Cute photos! Congrats on getting Raven!

Omg

That is the cutest stinkin blackie I've seen! Welcome Raven! You are indeed the angel this family needed. You are the furry friend to your boy. I can see that already. Welcome home baby girl! Blackies are the best!

Welcome (again) Raven! It's wonderful to see you here...and I still love your name!

I'm quite sure you've found a loving, forever, home!!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Hi Raven, What a beautiful kitty you are!!! Welcome to Pet Talk! You're going to have lots of fun here getting to know the other PT kitties. Maybe you can join them on one of their Catmobile trips. I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures of you.

Wishing you many happy and healthy years of love and companionship with your new furever family.

Sending you tons of "welcome" scritchies and lovies
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Raven, you are just BEAUTIFUL! Welcome HOME!!!!!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Welcome to Pet Talk Raven! You are gorgeous!!!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Welcome sweet kitty

What a good looking duo. They seem to be the purfect match.

My only advice is to have a scratching post or two. I trained my cats to the post (saves furniture etc.) by using the post myself, each morning and every time they tried the furniture. I didn't like how it felt under my nails, but the cats copied me (as in copy cat!) and now they destroy the posts by using them so much. A bit of advice about the posts. I went to the hardware store and bought raw rope to replace the destroyed posts and it is much cheaper than getting a new post. Just wrap and glue the rope......

I hope you have a great introductory time with your new kitty. You will find them to be something special and so easy for the most part.

I also think a good quality cat food is worth it in the long run, as you will probably have fewer vet visits. No guarantee of course, but I am a believer in good pet foods. Also, an annual visit to the vet usually catches problems early..... I don't do all the recommended vaccinations except for my one kitty that goes outside from time to time.

I am glad you are able to give this fine kitty a good home. You won't be sorry, I promise.

Of course, now you MUST take photos from time to time to keep us abreast of the happenings in your home.

Congrats to you all! And welcome Raven.

Congrats on your new kitty! Do you know how old Raven is? She's really beautiful. It looks like she and your son are going to be great friends.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

What a Happy Cat and a happy Young Cat Man of the future.
    Raven certainly is one Lucky Cat , to have found his place in the sun, and to have found such a Loving Cat , and now Raven has found his place in the sun.

Con Cat Ulations to YOU!! and Your Famiy, Raven.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

She is a beautiful girl! With the exception of her white spot, she looks a lot like our RB Samson.

Welcome Raven - you are beautiful!

So glad you decided to get a cat, and she is surely happy to not sit in a cage. It seems she will fit right in.

As SAS mentioned, a good quality cat food is worth it in the long run, as you will probably have fewer vet visits, and she will eat less.

Looking forward to hear stories and see pictures of her. Enjoy!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I saw Raven on FB but did not give her a proper welcome. I love the picture of her with your son.....too cute!! And I love Raisin, LOL!

Welcome to a wonderful home Raven/Raisin!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

She had a great night with us, she purred/rubbed up on my son most of the night hehe.. I took her to the vet, and got her dewormed yesterday. but Raven's previous owners gave me her vet records, and she has already been vaccinated and spayed.. She is up to date on everything.. but I did notice shes a bit skinny.. so I got her dewormed...

She came with Friskies food, but I have mixed it with Acada dried adult Cat food, And I also picked up several cans of almo natural wet food.. She seems to love the wet food, but a bit slower at getting acustomed to the dry food..

Her previous owners told me that they arnt 100% sure on her age because she kinda just "showed" up at their house 2 yrs ago.. She was pregnant and had 4 kittens.. So they spayed her and kept her for a while before realising they don't have the time for her... So Now I have her

She will be an inside only cat, and she seems to be adjusting to that well, she doesn't show much intrest in the outside world.

Congrats!!! She's gorgeous. I've always thought that black cats were special.