Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thinks possums are nasty ugly creatures? Maybe this will change your mind. :)

So cute!

I see Opossum here quite frequently at night. Once in awhile, will see one during the day. I love them!

Last Summer, a woman in my neighbourhood said "last night, I saw a huge white rat in my backyard". I asked her to describe it and it was definitely an Opossum. She said "he's in my space". I told her "actually, No - you're in his space".

Blog Entries
    Oh what a sweet baby possum. We have a lot of them around here. Many years ago one came onto our deck & ate with the cats. It took a liking to cat food. We fed it cheese & fruit too. It would lick its little paws (hands) off after eating. A very neat clean tidy possum.

Ok, I'm totally in love I've never thought they were ugly and nasty, just cute and different!

I'm so glad you were able to save his life and incoroprate him into your loving home.
    And the pictures, way beyond adorable!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

They are indeed very clean critters. He washes himself after every meal. In fact, he grooms himself more than the cats do. I am actually going to start my own opossum rescue. Focusing mainly on opossums but we'll occasionally take in other critters as well. I'm not sure why people have chosen other exotics to turn into pets and not the opossum since they are mild mannered, litter train, non destructive etc. Most possums here don't live very long. We see them on the road all the time.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

How did I miss this?
    You certainly don't have to try to convince me that opossums are adorable... I love them! Definitely one of my favorite natives. I raised and released eight of them earlier this year and being so close to them made me fall even more in love. The opposable thumbs on their back feet are the cutest.

I'm glad you'll be using him for education since he can't be released. Does he have a name? Maybe you said it and I just didn't catch it...
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

His name is ROUS!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Rous has passed away.

My boy has finally went to the rainbow bridge. I miss him very much. He lived wuite awhile for an opossum. He was well loved.

Aww, rest in peace, dear Rous!

We will always remember you, especially your nice pictures when you were Pet of the Day!

I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    I am sorry to read of Rous's passing. Rous had a wonderful life with you. Rest In Peace Rous
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom