Thread: Pet Talk Meetings

Pet Talk Meetings

It seems there have been more Pet Talk Meetings then I knew of...I had no idea so many of you had met eachother. So just of pure curiosity, how many Pet Talk Meetings have we had total? A meeting can consist of 2 people to 20 people! lol.

Please also post details and pics if you have them!!

I think a lot of the pics have been posted, but I have met Staci(shais_moma) and Anna (Anna_66) Staci and I have been able to get together twice since then cause she only lives about 1/2 hour from my parents and the dog park is in between to 2. My mom has met her at the Dog park afew other times that I couldn't make it. We are gtting together again next weekend and are looking forward to meeting some more PTers! Course there will be lots of pics to follow!!!

The "first big official" Pet Talk gathering took place in Texas last spring. Attending were (by username): me, Paul, Aly, Sammi and her husband Mike, SpencertheLion (since gone from this board) Auggie, who stopped by for a day, Aly's babies Lolly and Reese on the canine side, and "SpencertheLion"'s cat by that name and his Miss Vicky made a brief appearance.

I met Logan, Helen and Sandra(Tatsxxx) one day, when the Southern ladies were up visiting, Paul and I met with Sandra one additional time, and last January, I met Carrie and her children on the windy plains of Stonhenge!

And last but not least, this summer, Paul and I got to meet JackiesDaisy, DonsPerry and the canine Daisy and Perry!

I'll have to look for pictures for some of these later!

I've met lizbud in Indianapolis when she went with me to get Max from Southside Animal Shelter.

I've met Edwina's Secretary aka Sara, when she came to Fort Wayne to visit her in-laws and she and her husband, her neice and neice's friend (correct me if I'm wrong Sara) came to our house to meet our brood.

I've met ramanth and Fett (Kimmy and Andy), when they came to Fort Wayne to camp and we spent the weekend running around the city AND they met Mike and me in South Bend for the Pet Refuge garage sale.

That's about it...I may (if scheduling allows) go to the Pet Talk meeting at the dog park next weekend.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Are there every any meetings in the new jersey-pennsylvania, new york area?
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Finally, Ramanth and I are meeting this afternoon. Everytime we made plans to, something came up. I am so excited to finally meet her and her b/f Andy, and of course Kia.

I am taking my digital camera and will post pictures of the event tonight when I get home.

I hope to meet other members from this site in the future. Anyone else near Michigan??

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I haven't met any Pet Talkers YET. -=[ But....I will be meeting Rachel, [countrywolf] and well Amy, if you DO fly down here... I'll be meeting you too. -=D And anyone else who wants to join us, but no one lives that close to me down here... and i doubt anyone would want to drive down this far... But it would be cool to go to the doggie beach down here with a bunch of pooches! Would anyone be interested? Because i was thinking aobut posting a thread aobut it just incase anyone did want to go... i could set up a time and stuff for everyone to meet.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I'm planning a get together in Eugene OR for next year. Around March/April is anyone is interested in attending.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Originally posted by moosmom
    Finally, Ramanth and I are meeting this afternoon. Everytime we made plans to, something came up. I am so excited to finally meet her and her b/f Andy, and of course Kia.

I am taking my digital camera and will post pictures of the event tonight when I get home.

I hope to meet other members from this site in the future. Anyone else near Michigan??
    Donna-you are welcome to come to Ohio next weekend if you want. We getting together in Findlay at the Dog Park and I think Kimmy and Leslie are coming together from Michigan.

Amy

Mugsy told me she and hubby were going to host the 2003 Pet Talk Meeting in her home state of Indiana....and all were welcome! I am KIDDING, but it would be fun, wouldn't it?

Originally posted by popcornbird
    Just wondering, what do you do in Pet Talk meetings? Do you just meet and have fun with each other's pets? Or....................do you dicuss things about the Pet Talk site? I'm just curious. I never knew forums have meetings until I came to Pet Talk. LOL
    In the ones I've listed, we talk about the site, generally chat to get to know each other more, and spoil any animals in attendance! In the "first official" one, we had activities planned, including a trip to a Big Cat sanctuary, which was interesting and sad at the same time.

Can't speak to any of the others ... but they've been fun, every one of them!

Karen, you forgot Laurie (lbaker) was also there! She was the trouble maker!! haha, just kidding Laurie.

The Texas PT meeting was fun. We stayed in a hotel Friday - Sunday (sammi and I got there on Thursday evening). We did a variety of things, but the best was gathering in the hotel rooms to talk to each other! We visited an Exotic Feline Sanctuary and had a lot of fun there. We had a picnic by the pool on Friday night and ate at a fun restaurant on Saturday night. Here's a pic of Caesar, one of my favorite big kitties from the sanctuary.

Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Toughcookie and I met once. We brought pictures of our cats and had lunch.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

At one time Wolflady and I worked a block away from one another. We've met for lunch several times: got to know one another, shared stories and photos of our pets, and one she had photos of Purrley's cats that she was preparing to post here. We've also gone on walks and met at her health club.

We've visited several Cat Shows together -- mainly in the Pleasanton area, once in Santa Clara.

Three times KrazyAboutKatz came to Cat Shows with me/us.

KAK and I have visited each other's homes and helped one another take photos of our cats to post here.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/